PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Dark Skies

Wallace
11-28-2007, 05:51 PM
So I was looking through my skies list the other day and had a thought, why not add black? Oona's Prowler is awsome and black allows you to play dark Confidant and put E. Plague in the board (goblins is a tough match). Here is the list I threw together:

4 Sea Drake
4 Serendib Effret
4 Oona's Prowler
4 Dark Confidant
3 Skittering Skirge

4 Force of Will
4 Standstill
4 Aether Vial
3 Umezawa's Jitte
4 Thoughtseize or Brainstorm
2 Stifle

4 Underground Sea
1 Watery Grave
4 Polluted Delta
2 Swamp
5 Island
4 Mishra's Factory

The sreature were easy to choose, I really like the Skittering Skirge. Skirge works well with Vial, Skirge only sac's to a Played creature, Foul Spirit could also be played here. I can't figure out is Thoughtseize or Brainstorm belongs in this deck, please help me out here. Discuss...

Lemuria
11-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Looks like an interesting concept, but I think it has some work to do. Besides Confidant, Prowler and Skirge (wich I like very much too, really interesting with vial) black also offers nice removals and thoughtseize. Though I'm not sure if it's better to focus on counters, or drop the counters for removal and some draws.

I don't understand why do you need the Mishra for. You have many options to do instead, like adding some tomb or traitors and play some SoFI, or accelerate via chrome mox, idk, but Mishra you definetively don't need it. Even wasteland is better.

I guess we can have this answers after playtesting a lot, but you should consider black removal spells :wink:

Wallace
11-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Looks like an interesting concept, but I think it has some work to do. Besides Confidant, Prowler and Skirge (wich I like very much too, really interesting with vial) black also offers nice removals and thoughtseize. Though I'm not sure if it's better to focus on counters, or drop the counters for removal and some draws.

I don't understand why do you need the Mishra for. You have many options to do instead, like adding some tomb or traitors and play some SoFI, or accelerate via chrome mox, idk, but Mishra you definetively don't need it. Even wasteland is better.

I guess we can have this answers after playtesting a lot, but you should consider black removal spells :wink:

The factory is nice combo with standstill, going turn one Vial, turn 2 standstill, with Factroy in play, is kick ass. It forces your opponent to deal with the Factory and if they aren't packing wasteland, it could be difficult.

Lemuria
11-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Factory + Standstill it's indeed nice, but since you are an aggro deck, you may want to put your threats on the table very often, and factory seems like slow you down a bit. If you have a vial in play that's ok, but if you don't...

Barook
11-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Just asking: With Bob, Skirge and Thoughtseize in the same deck, couldn't be Cabal Therapy be worth a shot?

Media314r8
11-28-2007, 07:44 PM
What happened to the whole "turn one city, mox, sea drake, go" idea?

Should Drake and Efreet even be in here, as they might land turn three or four and even then I would opt for the 4/4 flyer for 2UB over drake, as it survives bolt and doesnt doubl-time walk you.

Cut the faerie stompy pieces if you cant abuse them. Now cloud of faeries + aether vial... I've wanted to do something with that for a while.

Lemuria
11-28-2007, 07:51 PM
I would opt for the 4/4 flyer for 2UB over drake, as it survives bolt and doesnt doubl-time walk you.

Do you mean Moroii? Yea, I thought he would be nice here with a proper acceleration.

Wallace
11-28-2007, 07:54 PM
What happened to the whole "turn one city, mox, sea drake, go" idea?

Should Drake and Efreet even be in here, as they might land turn three or four and even then I would opt for the 4/4 flyer for 2UB over drake, as it survives bolt and doesnt doubl-time walk you.

Cut the faerie stompy pieces if you cant abuse them. Now cloud of faeries + aether vial... I've wanted to do something with that for a while.

I think you are confused, I am playing a Blue Skies (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3954&highlight=blue+skies) variant not Faerie Stompie (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5467). Both decks play Sea Drake and Efreet but Skies doesn't play cities or Mox. I cut Cloud of Faeries a while ago, the combo with vial is nice but wasn't woth it.

Shriekmaw
11-29-2007, 07:45 PM
4 Sea Drake
4 Serendib Effret
4 Oona's Prowler
4 Dark Confidant
3 Skittering Skirge

4 Force of Will
4 Standstill
4 Aether Vial
3 Umezawa's Jitte
4 Thoughtseize or Brainstorm
2 Stifle

4 Underground Sea
1 Watery Grave
4 Polluted Delta
2 Swamp
5 Island
4 Mishra's Factory

The changes that I would recommend to add more consistency to the deck would be the following.

I would definitely run brainstorm over thoughtseize in the main deck, I do however think that thoughtseize would be a great board card.

I would cut both Dark Confidant and Skittering Skirge. I would run cloud of faeries in the confidant slot as it adds more versatility. It also adds more neats thinks you can do with an active vial and equipment. The Skirge spot would go to Spellstutter Sprite as I really like the card in this deck.

I think everything else looks pretty good in the deck. I believe adding the black splash to this deck really gives it a lot more power.

I would probably re-configure the mana base a little bit if these changes are made that I suggested.

Let me know what you guys think.