PDA

View Full Version : [Deck Idea] Ghostway Survival

GreenOne
11-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Survival is obviously a card that tries to abuse "comes into play" effects. Ghostway does that too. Is there a way to fit both in a deck to do broken things?

Good things of ghostway:
- Triggers all the comes into play abilities. Examples: Wall of blossoms, Carven Caryatid, Loxodon Hierarch, Ravenous Rats, Nekraatal, Shriekmaw, Loaming shaman, Harmonic Sliver, Eternal Witness (that can take back ghostway... combo!), etc.
- Does savage combat tricks
- Saves your dudes from mass removal

Maveric78f
11-29-2007, 03:39 AM
And then stifle is a wrath.

Survival is clearly not the good shell for a ghostway deck to my oppinion, you need to protect yourself from the stifles.

Nihil Credo
11-29-2007, 08:36 AM
I tried to build something with that theme (SotF+CiP), a long time ago. Except I wanted to do it with a card that was not crappy... namely, Astral Slide. It turned out to be a pretty bad deck, though, because it was difficult to play a lot of cyclers and a lot of creatures without resorting to mediocre cards.

Maveric78f
11-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Ghostway is not that much crappy. A Gway deck should not be Gway dependent or it is dead to half of the metagame (namely Thresh). In order to CiP abuse, just play Momentary Blink and a blue shell, with sage of epytir, coiling oracle, mystic snake, BStorm, SVision, FoW, Daze. Then you add STP, Explosives, Witnesses, 2*GWay, Stonecloaker and you got it.

MattH
11-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Stonecloaker and Galepowder Mage are both fun ways to reuse CIP effects, and they happen to be creatures as well.