PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Sengir Petroglyphs

Cavius The Great
12-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Here's a cool little combo deck I came up with based upon the cards Sengir Autocrat and Muraganda Petroglyphs. Sengir Autocrat is probably one of my favorite cards that happen to be under the radar. Here's a list followed by some card explanations.

Sengir Petroglyphs.DEC

Spells:38
4 Sengir Autocrat
4 Dark Ritual
4 Lotus Petal
2 Delraich
4 Worldly Tutor
4 Sylvan Safekeeper
4 Serum Powder
4 Muraganda Petroglyphs
4 Elvish Spirit Guide
1 Bone Shredder
1 Viridian Zealot
2 Overrun

Lands:22
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Bayou
1 Forest
1 Swamp
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Wooded Foothills
4 Gaea's Cradle
4 Gemstone Caverns

Sideboard:15
1 Molder Slug
1 Nekrataal
4 Krosan Grip
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Thoughtseize
1 Sudden Death

Deck Explanation:

The deck works by getting into play a first turn Sengir Autocrat by mulliganning aggressively into the combo, followed by a second turn Muraganda Petroglyphs. With this type of hand you can get third turn kills. You have acceleration such as Ancient Tombs, Gemstone Caverns, Gaea's Cradle, Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual and Elvish Spirit Guide to accelerate the combo. You also have Worldly Tutor to search for Autocrats, Safekeepers and Delraich as well as two toolbox cards in the form of Bone Shredder and Viridian Zealot. You also have cards like Serum Powder so that you can mulligan into the combo more successfully and two Overrun just in case you don't draw any Petroglyphs. Sylvan Safekeeper protects my Delraich, Autocrats and other key creatures from StPs and other spot removal spells. With this deck, I can either go the Sengir Autocrat/Muraganda Petroglyphs route, or the Sengir Autocrat/Delraich route. A first turn Autocrat followed by a second turn Gaea's Cradle/Petroglyphs is one of the plays that makes this deck a blast to play.

Cards That I'm Considering:

-Grim Tutor ( a better tutor than Worldly)

-Crop Rotation (helps search for Cradles)

-Coat of Arms (Petroglyphs 5 through 8. Probably should be considered over Overrun)

That about sums up the decklist. Let me know what you guys think of my latest innovation. Thanx ahead of time. Peace.

Moczoc
12-05-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't get it. You will spend all your resources for dealing 8 damage in turn two and another 8 in turn 3 (all with creatures!)

Doesn't sound good to me, but maybe I'm just blind

Cavius The Great
12-05-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't get it. You will spend all your resources for dealing 8 damage in turn two and another 8 in turn 3 (all with creatures!)

Doesn't sound good to me, but maybe I'm just blind

It's mainly a fun deck which aims to be "somewhat" competitive. My most current list though is running 4 Coat of Arms totally up the Petroglyph count to 8. A first turn Autocrat, followed by a another Autocrat on the second turn followed by a third turn Coat of Arms is usually GG. That's just a rare example, so don't take that comment too seriously. If you want to have fun killing your opponent by the third turn with janky creatures this deck's for you. If you don't want to auto-lose to combo and control then play something better. Like I said, this deck is really casual with some exceptionally broken plays, with the right hand. Nothing to be taken too seriously, though.

Nydaeli
12-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Survival of the Fittest is much better than Worldly Tutor for a relatively slow combo deck like this one, I think. It'll give you a stronger beatdown plan as well.

Garruk Wildspeaker instead of Overrun?

I know I'm slowing the deck down, but it would need more consistency and versatility to be remotely viable. I guess that's not really the point though. Have fun with the crazy casual combo - it's fun for its own sake.

Moczoc
12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
As a casual deck it's nice. I've really liked Delraich since i play Magic.

If you are interested, I once played around with Petoglyphs too.
Sadly my list doesn't run Delraich, although its development was never finished.

Spells
4 Sprout
4 Muraganda Petroglyphs
2 Overrun
4 Spiritual Visit
4 Leyline of the Meek
4 Funeral Pyre
4 Fists of Ironwood
4 Vitality Charm
4 Raise the Alarm
4 Chatter of the Squirrel
3 Crop Rotation

Lands
4 Gaea's Cradle
4 Savannah
4 Windswept Heath
4 Ancient Tomb
2 Flooded Strand
2 Wooded Foothills

It's an autopilot. Create Tokens, make bigger, attack

ClearSkies
12-05-2007, 05:53 PM
How do you get past the fact that killing Sengir Autocrat basically one-side Wrath of God your kill conditions (looks like the tokens) away?

It is only a 2/2 creature...

Bovinious
12-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Seige-Gang Commander seems miles better than Sengir Autocrat and just costs 1 more.

EDIT: Ambush Commander also.

EDIT2: and Cloudgoat Ranger too.

Cavius The Great
12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Seige-Gang Commander seems miles better than Sengir Autocrat and just costs 1 more.

EDIT: Ambush Commander also.

EDIT2: and Cloudgoat Ranger too.

Because he's black and produces tokens. How can I not include a token black. It would be politically incorrect not to.

Bovinious
12-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Because he's black and produces tokens. How can I not include a token black. It would be politically incorrect not to.

Wow that was awful...and political correctness sucks, btw.

Cavius The Great
12-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Wow that was awful...and political correctness sucks, btw.

Yeah, that sounded kind of horrible. I'm definitely not a racist though, I love black people.

Bovinious
12-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah, that sounded kind of horrible. I'm definitely not a racist though, I love black people.

I wasnt saying what you said was racist or anything (which it wasnt at all), I just meant it wasnt funny and I didnt get it at first.

Cavius The Great
12-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I wasnt saying what you said was racist or anything (which it wasnt at all), I just meant it wasnt funny and I didnt get it at first.

Being a 'token' black in the 70's & 80's is equivalent to affirmative action in the 90's. That's why on old TV shows all you see is one black dude. That's what the term refers to. Black history month is also coming in February. Read up on it, man. :tongue:

Bovinious
12-05-2007, 10:11 PM
No I get all that, I just didnt get the reference at first and even then didnt find it funny. Believe me I know Im always ranting about how much affirmative action and political correctness suck.

Cavius The Great
12-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Oh man, Black History Month is coming in February this year!? That totally isn't 2 months away from now where this thread will either be in the very back of the N&D forums or possibly even deleted for other reasons.

All this planning ahead, I wonder if I'll have finished my Doran rock in time for Arbor day. =\

oh yeah, and I was serious about putting goyfs in there.

This is a casual deck. I'm totally fine with it being in the back of the forums, I don't really care.

P.S. - Gratz on being the new Radley.