PDA

View Full Version : [Article] Worlds: The Home Strech

TrialByFire
12-07-2007, 10:29 AM
http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/15125.html

By: Sean McKeown

Pretty good read, some results from the Thursday Legacy Side events, and a pretty decent deck it looks like.

Best quote ever by the way:

"...by playing Wild Mongrel, previously the best creature ever printed costing 1G before they made that silly Blue card, Tarmogoyf."
LOLZ

Lukas Preuss
12-07-2007, 10:59 AM
It was actually quite well written, but somehow, McKeown seems to assume that Goblins is still THE deck to beat in the Legacy format. Nowadays, Goblins is a solid choice, but by far not the best deck in the format. I don't think Goblins will dominate Worlds by number or performance.

But Threads of Disloyalty is one of the cards I might play in my Threshold maindeck, if I was going there... :)

APriestOfGix
12-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Well he is right, Goyf got misprinted it was supposed to cost 1U.

However they felt bad that Blue had EVERYTHING broken, and changed the templet as a joke to 1G trying to give green a good creature.

Then they forgot to change it back to 1U and it accidentally got printed as 1G, giving Green it's first "broken" card EVER!

I mean it fits all of blues color wheel abilities:

Enjoys you playing cantrips (a blue thing).
Hinders your opponents from winning.
Wins you the game.
Is AMAZINGLY broken!

Phantom
12-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Very well written, but his reasoning for not playing Goyf seems extremely faulty to me (it's their graveyard too). And ditto on the him overestimating Goblins. I'd like to see what the UG Survival list is like too.

Anyway, an interesting read.

Versus
12-07-2007, 01:34 PM
That's who I played in Round 7. We were both 4-2 and that Survival/Rootwalla/Cradle engine he mentions just kicked the shit out me. Game 2 he had me at 10 life while he was at 6. I Mangara'd his Cradle and was forced to block Arashi, the Sky Asunder with an Avenger while taking 9 from 3 Rootwallas. If only I had Karakas I could have bounced his Legend, but I didn't. He outplayed me every step.

TrialByFire
12-07-2007, 01:38 PM
It seems like a really good deck, though I do agree that Goyf needs to be in there somewhere. Especially with Survival to win the 'Who has more Goyfs' fight.