Enchantment (4)
4 * Seal of Fire

Sideboard (15)
4 * Price of Progress
4 * Red Elemental Blast
3 * Shattering Spree
2 * Boiling Seas
2 * Flashfires

Okay, this is my burn deck as it stands right now.

I am attempting to make it somewhat competitive as a Legacy aggro deck.

While having it critiqued on another forum, Chain Lightning was a common suggestion. I like it, and have ordered a playset. What should I switch it in for?

Boiling Seas/Flashfires are a holdover from when my burn deck was burn/LD. Not sure why they're still in there. They will be booted soon.

Speaking of sideboard tech, with all the grayeyard shenanigans running arund Legacy, would Tormod's Crypt be a good idea for SB?

Also, I have heard that I should use 2 REB and 2 Pyroblast, rather than 4 REB, for Meddling Mage/Extirpate/Cabal Therapy reasons.

I'm loath to run creatures - I want to gain virtual CA by turning my opponet's creature removal into dead cards. :)

Flamebreak looks like a potential substitute for Pyroclasm.

Mental
12-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Flamebreak > Pyroclasm.

4 Fireblasts is one too many.

Have you thought about Keldon Mauraders/Mogg Fanatic? Or howabout Tarmogoyf?

Shock is teh suck. Run Chain Lightning.

Barbarian Ring is interesting.

Also, there's already a thread for this in the deck to beat forum.

Wallace
12-08-2007, 01:34 AM
You know there's already a thread for this, right?

TeenieBopper
12-08-2007, 01:49 AM
You know there's already a thread for this, right?

I'll even link it. (http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7811)

KingAlanI
12-08-2007, 11:38 AM
I know there's a thread now.

Anyway, I knew Chain Lightning was good, I was just wondering what I'd switch it in for. I'll switch it in for Shock, then.

@ Mental: I like Barbarian Ring. Getting dinged by Flame Rift/Flamebreak doesn't bother me when I can zap an opponent in the process, so why should a couple here and there from Barbarian Ring.

Though if I have "excess" lands, I don't tap the Rings if I don't have too if I don't have to. And when I draw Fireblast, the basic lands aren't so "extra" anymore. (Normally it's a few basics and one, maybe 2, rings that I have in play.)

"Flamebreak > Pyroclasm"

I'm with you there. Most creatures worth killing have toughness no more than 3. (A large 'goyf and Teferi being exceptions, but I can always use burn to finish that if I so choose.)

P.S. The "deck" tag and the formatting is functional code at boards1.wizards.com, another place where I post decklists. And it isn't obnoxious here, so I figure I'll just keep it this way. :)