View Full Version : Green Trin

Cane818
12-10-2007, 08:09 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever played around with this idea:

Magus of the Vineyard
Eladamri's Vineyard

Trinisphere
Chalice of the Void

The kill would be a basic agro deck, and i played natural order as well as a back up plan. This is in no way near a optimal list.

// Lands
16 Forest

// Creatures
4 Magus of the Vineyard
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Troll Ascetic
4 Wall of Blossoms
1 Vigor
1 Unyaro Bees
1 Rhox
1 Simic Sky Swallower
4 Birds of Paradise

// Spells
4 Eladamri's Vineyard
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Trinisphere
4 Rancor
4 Natural Order

// Sideboard
SB: 4 Root Maze
SB: 4 Krosan Grip
SB: 4 Xantid Swarm
SB: 3 Tormod's Crypt

kicks_422
12-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Don't the Vineyards go against the whole point of playing Trinispheres?

Media314r8
12-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Exactly what i was thinking, although it would help against decks like thresh, which would likely have them mana for it's cantrips, but not to play its threats the same turn, 3-sphere also messes with daze and FoW if I'm not mistaken, or do the alternate costs work differently than with 3-sphere than with sphere of resistance?

Anyhow, seeing one or multiple vinyards without chalice/3-sphere seems like it could backfire heavily against you. Why no Garruk? Seems like another fine kill condition, especially if you can drop him turn two.

I LOL'd @ Bees. FTW!

insertnamehere
12-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Don't the Vineyards go against the whole point of playing Trinispheres?

They also suck on first turn when you opponent capitalizes with them. The same goes for Vineyard.

Gui
12-10-2007, 09:38 PM
IMO, no need for Rancor...
And you could use the green control spells such like City of Solitude

GL ^^'

greenmage
12-11-2007, 04:35 AM
Hmm, tanglewire. And if you add tanglewire, wall of roots is also a friend.

meanee
12-11-2007, 07:53 AM
There is so much DISsynergi in this deck it is unbelievable!
First off: Vineyards are very bad cards unless you somehow managed to lock you opponent completely out of the game - and I meen completely. It is always a huge advantage for them to get the "first" to free mana. Look at it the way: you spend your entire first turn, making sure your opponent has 3 mana on his first turn! That is almost giving your opponent a lotus... or at least to popped "green" lotus petals.

That is the first non-smart thing. The next is you're combining these awful cards with some cards that they do not work with at all:
Chalice? Your plan is to put chalice at 2 or what? Or at 1 and negate all of your own cards? Makes no sense.

Trinisphere?? the best trinisphere does, is saying your spell costs 3 more to play. When you have some form of vineyard on the table it says your spell costs 1 more to play (and that is only of it is a 0cc spell)... It is really dissynergetic if anything ever was.

Anyway. THis deck makes no sense. If you want to play a green deck that uses lock-components start out with something like:
4 trini
4 chalice
4 ancient tomb
4 mox diamond
2-4 garruck
4 tarmogoyf
x forest
x green fetches
x other cards...

- meanee

Cane818
12-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Well the vineyards are a bit of a problem. I need to find more ways to kill off creatures and enchantments for a positive effect. Like Natural order.

Also I have added smokestack to the deck which helps a lot. I think I might put it into a loam shell or just go with crucible of worlds.

I was running the deck, and I think it might go better as a lock into its kill which is natural order.