PDA

View Full Version : Second Wind/Fallow Sage

No_Life_No_Future
12-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Fallowsage
Creature - Merfolk Wizard 2/2, 3U (4)
Whenever Fallowsage becomes tapped, you may draw a card.
Memories of ages past are said to swim the minds of lounging fallowsages.
Illus. Parente

Second Wind
Enchantment - Aura, 2U (3)
Enchant creature.
{T}: Tap enchanted creature.
{T}: Untap enchanted creature.

I found this combo... Its slow and disruptable, but mono color. Do you think its worth trying to make a deck around. (wow... its t2 leagle)...

These work also:
Judge of Currents
Creature - Merfolk Wizard 1/1, 1W (2)
Whenever a Merfolk you control becomes tapped, you may gain 1 life.
Though the currents of the Lanes shift every year, the merrow never lose track of where they are or where they are going.
Illus. Dan Scott

Veteran of the Depths
Creature - Merfolk Soldier 2/2, 3W (4)
Whenever Veteran of the Depths becomes tapped, you may put a +1/+1 counter on it.
In the backwaters of the Merrow Lanes lie stones scarred with tallies of countless generations, each representing a victory of merrow soldiers.
Illus. Daren Bader

Nihil Credo
12-15-2007, 05:12 AM
Archivist is one card and is unplayable. Jushi Apprentice might be playable.

No_Life_No_Future
12-15-2007, 05:18 AM
Archivist is one card and is unplayable. Jushi Apprentice might be playable.

What? The idea is to go infinet by taping the creature to untap itself... I thought that would be obvious.

electrolyze
12-15-2007, 05:22 AM
is freed from the real not better than second wind? with freed you can untap and tap more times then one.

No_Life_No_Future
12-15-2007, 05:41 AM
is freed from the real not better than second wind? with freed you can untap and tap more times then one.

Was I raised under powerlines or are you people failing to see the combo?

Ill go through it:

Play creature with whenever becomes tapped effect.

Play second wind attaching to creature.

Tap: Untap itself. Draw a card.

Repeat and draw your deck.

Edit: Maybe I was raised under powerlines... Since when can you tap enchantments?...... k lock thanks.

Nihil Credo
12-15-2007, 05:44 AM
What? The idea is to go infinet by taping the creature to untap itself... I thought that would be obvious.
Ah, now I see what the issue is.

Second Wind does not say "Tap enchanted creature: Untap enchanted creature", which would let you go infinite; rather, it is the Aura itself that taps, and by tapping the Aura you can tap or untap the enchanted creature - thus there is no infinite loop.

electrolyze
12-15-2007, 05:53 AM
that' s the reason why i recommended freed:laugh: otherwise the combo was really insane.

Isamaru
12-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Yes, it's a bombo, but isn't Niv Mizzet + Curiosity just as hard to get out and just as easily disruptable? Otherwise, build a solid shell for that.

Nightmare
12-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Doesn't work. Locked.