PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a decent deck?

rasmus_agren@hotmail.com
12-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm pretty new to this whole legacy thing, but I know that people are playing Aluren which I guess means that it's possible to play a combo/control deck based on having a rather expensive enchantment in play. I've put together a very rougue deck which I hope to play at some rather low-profile tournament. Do you think it will stand a chance?

The purpose is to combo off using Food Chain and eventually get a Maga, Traitor to Mortals for the win. I goldfish into stable turn 3-4 wins, but there is no rush with a good matchup versus aggro.

Creatures:
4 Wall of Blossoms
4 Mulldrifter
4 Cloud of Faeries
3 Myojin of Seeing Winds
4 Raven Familiar

Enchantments:
4 Food Chain

Sorceries:
4 Living Wish
4 Ponder

Instants:
4 Force of Will
2 Brainstorm
2 Impulse
2 Misdirection

Land:
4 Tropical Island
2 Forest
5 Island
4 Polluted Delta
4 Windswept Heath

SB:
1 Skyshroud Cutter
1 Carven Caryatid
1 Uktabi Orangutan
1 Dosan the Falling Leaf
1 Court Hussar
1 Nantuko Cultivator
1 Loaming Shaman
1 Mournwhelk
1 Maga, Traitor to Mortals
1 Aethersnipe
1 Platinum Angel
1 Myojin of Seeing Winds
1 Flooded Strand
2 Island

I'm not sure of the SB at all (the Islands are empty slots). Any help will be appreciated!

I have nothing to do so I might as well elaborate a little. I've been playing this deck for a couple of weeks now, mostly against pretty good legacy decks but not against tournament players. I think it has done very well (and all I'm aiming for is the local game shop's Tuesday Legacy Tournament).

Cloud of Faeries is a very valuable card that makes it much more difficult for the deck to stop once it has started. It can get you more card by Wishing for Court Hussar or more mana by wishing for Mournwelk. It also enables you to play Portent, Brainstorm and Impulse which can be used to find that first Myojin that is needed for going off. There are absolutely no problems with finding and playing Maga for a lot more than 20 life once you have started.

This is my first post here so sorry if I don't follow the exact guidelines for writing here.

EDIT:
Ok, I might be near the spam limit right now :-)
Is there any reason to try to make the deck any faster? The original version used mana acceleration instead of Misdirection/Brainstorm/Impulse. That gave a pretty certain turn 2 win if you held a hand with Food Chain, but could totally fizzle. Which turn should a deck like this aim for? Are you dead from goblins before turn 4?

Xurcks
12-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi man and welcome to the Source.
This concept of deck using food chain has been discussed for a while in this thread http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7736 ,so give i t a look for ideas.
Cya

rasmus_agren@hotmail.com
12-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Ooops, I just saw that. I'd delete this thread if I only knew how :-)

Di
12-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Locked.