PDA

View Full Version : [Brainstorming] Turn 1-3 combos in aggrodecks!

Willoe
12-21-2007, 07:10 AM
What exists in that? The only thing I know is the rather bad Mogg Maniac together with Fire Covenant, which can be splashed into red death, or About Face + Tireless Tribe which can be splashed in RDW. What else can be played? It has to be a fast, resillant combo that can be used in an aggro deck.
Thanks!

kicks_422
12-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Forest + Tarmogoyf.

That or any creature + Jitte.

zulander
12-21-2007, 07:25 AM
1x green mana + 1 x mana + Tarmogoyf.

That or any creature + Jitte.

Fixed.

Elfrago
12-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Some time ago, at GP Florence, Marco Cammilluzzi used a RG deck with Haze of Rage. The deck was capable of turn 4 Kills. Keep in mind that GP Florence was Time Spiral Block Constructed. Maybe it is possible to build a legacy porting of that deck.

Other than that: Disciple of The Vault + Arcbound Ravager.

Shtriga
12-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Forest + Tarmogoyf.

haha. win

GreenOne
12-21-2007, 08:38 AM
I'd play someting on the lines of Goblin Champions (http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7851) but more aggro oriented (no trinispheres and the like), or a 5/3 build with time vault + mizzium transnreiquiluiait.

Benie Bederios
12-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Carnophage/ Sarcomancy + Dark Ritual/ City of Traitors + Hatred...

Can be splashed in Sui-black :wink:

Cabal-kun
12-21-2007, 09:36 AM
A Dirty Kitty port?

rufus
12-21-2007, 10:24 AM
What exists in that? The only thing I know is the rather bad Mogg Maniac together with Fire Covenant, which can be splashed into red death, or About Face + Tireless Tribe which can be splashed in RDW. What else can be played? It has to be a fast, resilient combo that can be used in an aggro deck.

Fast basically means accelerants. Resilient means redundant cards. Can be used in an aggro deck means the deck should be rich in creatures. There's only 60 cards in a deck, and you only draw 7 to start -- there just aren't enough cards to do everything at once.

There are plenty of combo decks that swing to win, but they tend to be a bunch of engine cards with a handful of beaters because combos work better that way.

Also, cards such as Final Fortune, Fury of the Horde, Flame Strike, and Rites of Initiation aren't combos per se, but can allow a deck to finish in turn 1-3.

I'd be looking at things like Sligh, Affinity, Dragon Stompy, or Food Chain goblins for inspiration.

Illissius
12-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Invigorate plus Berserk on Swiftblade. Plus Lightning Bolt. Or something.
Tireless Tribe + Doran
various Elves builds

FoolofaTook
12-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Black aggro + the Leyline of the Void/Ill-Gotten Gains combo with draw 4's and rituals to power it?

Twist somebody for their hand early on with 16 creatures in your deck and they're probably dead.

Maybe just Iggy Pop but with Phyrexian Negators as the kill condition and no need for a 10 storm count? Just focus on twisting them for their hand and tutoring up a Negator?

Finn
12-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Hunted Horror + Brand
8.5 Tails + Stromgald Cabal
Goblin Lackey + Rest of Goblins Deck

Eldariel
12-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Kavu Predator+Invigorate+Berserk is prolly the closest to what you're looking for. If I were to believe Top Deck over at MTG: Salvation, you should add False Cure, Skyshroud Cutter and Reverent Silence to that, but I've got slight reservations to adding completely sitiuational combo pieces to an aggro-deck.

I can't avoid saying "Chrome Mox+Ancient Tomb+Sea Drake" though.

Zach Tartell
12-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Argothian Enchantress + Gaea's Anthem

Yes sir, I will block your lackey all day.

FoolofaTook
12-22-2007, 10:32 AM
I can't avoid saying "Chrome Mox+Ancient Tomb+Sea Drake" though.

Simpler combo would be Swamp+Dark Ritual+Phyrexian Negator.

ForceofWill
12-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Argothian Enchantress + Gaea's Anthem

Yes sir, I will block your lackey all day.

Until I rancor him!

Nihil Credo
12-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Bolt. Bauble Bauble.
Wraith. Bolt Bolt.
Bolt Bolt Bolt Fireblast.
GG.

Bovinious
12-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Gemstone Mine, LED, Breakthrough before passing priority activate LED for UUU discarding GGT, Stinkweed Imp, Ichorid, Bridge From Below...we all know where it goes from there.

APriestOfGix
12-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Bolt. Bauble Bauble.
Wraith. Bolt Bolt.
Bolt Bolt Bolt Fireblast.
GG.

Thats 6 bolts...

Cavius The Great
12-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Thats 6 bolts...

Lava Spike, Chain of Lightning and Lightning Bolt. :wink:

Watcher487
12-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Turn 1 Savannah, Chrome Mox - imprinting Burning-Tree Shaman, Boros Swiftblade
Turn 2 Badlands, swing w/ Swiftblade, before damage double Gaea's Might (9/10) Lightning Bolt for the win.

Yes, I have won that way before...

Turn 1 Forest, Bird
Turn 2 Swamp, Phyrexian Ghoul
Turn 3 Plains, Academy Rector, swing w/ Ghoul, before damage sac Rector for Pattern of Rebirth attached to the Bird, sac Bird to get Symbiotic Wurm, sac Wurm for 7 1/1's, sac all but 1 for 20 damage and edict resistance.

Bovinious
12-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Lava Spike, Chain of Lightning and Lightning Bolt. :wink:

and Rift Bolt :wink:

Cavius The Great
12-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Turn 1: fetchlands, taiga. Orcish Lumberjack.

Turn 2: Taiga, sac taiga, ball lightning, berserk, elvish spirit guide, berserk, take 24, GG. :tongue:

Bovinious
12-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Badlands, Lotus petal, Raging Goblin, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Hatred :wink:

Then of course you have City of Traitors, SSG, Magus of the Moon, go, and Land, Lackey, go :tongue:

Man I could do this all day...

Cavius The Great
12-22-2007, 01:26 PM
First turn (on the draw): Kobold, kobold, kobold, kobold, kobold, gaea's cradle, candelabra of tawnos, biorythm. GG

Willoe
12-22-2007, 01:34 PM
hluk flash V2: swamp, cabal therapy, target yourself naming protean hulk, lotus petal, dark ritual, exhume, flashback therapy, search for whatever, GG.
Let me see a deck that does an effect similar to the one I mentioned in the CaNGD ! :-)

Bovinious
12-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Turn 0 5 Leylines, turn 1 Serra's Sanctum, Opalescence, turn 2 swing for 20 :tongue:

Turn 1 Ornithoper, Turn 2 Double Blazing Shoal removing double Myojin of Infinite Rage, PITCH WORLD PRIDE BABY!!!

Freshrock
12-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Ancient tomb+lotus petal+lotus petal+lotus petal+lotus petal+Tarmogoyf+clone (targeting tarmogoyf)

Willoe
12-22-2007, 02:13 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but since leylines start in play at turn 0, don't they have haste with opalescence? If that is so, then it's a turn 1 kill. A very inconsistent turn 1 kill.

Jaynel
12-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Ancient tomb+lotus petal+lotus petal+lotus petal+lotus petal+Tarmogoyf+clone (targeting tarmogoyf)

Awesome, you have 2 1/2 dorks in play and no cards in hand. May as well drop double Squire.

Happy Gilmore
12-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Ravager Affinity, nuff said.

Son_Gozen
12-22-2007, 03:50 PM
First Turn:
Playing Plateau + remove SSG playing Boros Swiftblade

Second Turn attack with Swiftblade if unblocked: Blazing Shoal pitching Myojin Of Infinite Rage or Decree Of Annihilation or Dragonstorm or Searing Wind or anything with CMC 9+

Shriekmaw
12-22-2007, 04:48 PM
First Turn:
Playing Plateau + remove SSG playing Boros Swiftblade

Second Turn attack with Swiftblade if unblocked: Blazing Shoal pitching Myojin Of Infinite Rage or Decree Of Annihilation or Dragonstorm or Searing Wind or anything with CMC 9+

That play is just unrealistic to say the least.

Here is a play of what I did back in Type 2 a few years back.

First Turn: Mountain, Mox, Slith Firewalker, Swing

Second Turn: Mountain, Seething Song, Sword Fire & Ice, Equip, Swing

Third Turn: Mountain, Swing, Double Shrapnel Blast

It was pretty awesome, after that game my opponent just gave me the match. He couldn't believe what I just did in type 2.

Clark Kant
12-23-2007, 01:53 AM
This deck for one...

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6673

fairly consistently gets a untargetable, hasty 12/12 trampler on the first turn, so I guess that counts as a two turn combo.

I suppose another option is Elves or Food Chain Elves.

Iranon
12-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Many suggestions are creature-based combos rather than Aggro with a possible combo finish... I think the main point was the ability to play a standard Aggro game + random wins out of nowhere.

Affinity and The Cure do this quite well. With the addition of Glimpse of Nature, Affinity can become more combo-oriented (take your pick anywhere beween Affinity with a powerful yet conditional draw and a Kobold Klone that can at least get several fatties if you fizzle) if that's your fancy.
I also agree that Boros Swiftblade in a Domain Zoo will provide quite a few turn-3 wins.

That Faerie Stompy variant also looks interesting.

Lollythecat1990
12-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Turn 1: Swamp, dark ritual, buried alive (cloudscraper, cloudscraper, sutured ghoul).
Turn 2: Swamp, Shallow grave, duck hurled object.

Shuffle, repeat. Or, with two rituals in your opener...:mad:

Tacosnape
12-23-2007, 03:36 PM
(See my Signature)

overseer1234
12-23-2007, 04:43 PM
T1: Mountain, Rite of flame, Rite of flame, Raging Goblin, 2 Taste for Mayhem, suspend rift bolt, swing for 9
T2: burn his head/creature with the bolt, brute force and swing for 12
GG

The Rack
12-23-2007, 07:22 PM
1st Mountain Lackey
2nd Mountain Warchief
3rd Mountain Piledriver Piledriver Piledriver swing for a hell of a lot.

Bovinious
12-23-2007, 07:45 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but since leylines start in play at turn 0, don't they have haste with opalescence? If that is so, then it's a turn 1 kill. A very inconsistent turn 1 kill.

You are correct, that sh1t blows my mind.