PDA

View Full Version : [Brainstorming] - Convince me not to try...

APriestOfGix
12-21-2007, 07:52 PM
So i saw Goblin Recruiter get banned because of food chain goblins.

Then i saw Dwarven Recruiter...

I'm thinking of how to build a Dwarven Food Chain deck. It would have to run Fecundity to draw...

Oh, please somebody explain just HOW bad, and retarded i must be to follow through with this...

FoolofaTook
12-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Think of the glory if you won with Dwarves after WoTC pumped Elves instead in the last couple of expansions.

A fool's quest no doubt, but with a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Better yet, make it Dwarves and Minotaurs. You'd be a legend if that one worked.

Nihil Credo
12-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Oh, please somebody explain just HOW bad, and retarded i must be to follow through with this...
About as much as usual.

Eldariel
12-21-2007, 08:20 PM
I built a Dwarf Belcher-deck in Extended. It works surprisingly well. Of course, it's totally luckbased, only runs 11 Dwarves and exists in a format where combo and answers suck, so meh. But still, the main prob with Dwarves is that all of them suck. Bloodfire Dwarf is sometimes useful as a meta call, Dwarven Blastminer has its uses, then you have Dwarven Bloodboiler and Dwarven Recruiter. Remember that those are the BEST Dwarves around. Now go compare those to the Goblin Alternatives. Then go home. And cry me a river.

I'm not gonna convince you not to try, but I can tell you that you're wasting your time. Of course, chances are you wouldn't make anything productive with it even if you weren't working on the deck, so I'm not sure it's much of a net loss anyways. So go ahead, try it, beat few MWS randoms with it, realize that it's horrible and move on. That way you'll have that one off the list too.

FoolofaTook
12-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Ah, but you missed the Pardic Miner-Oath of Ghouls lock that a skilled player can get working by turn 4 with some luck.

Yah, yah...

Cabal-kun
12-21-2007, 09:05 PM

"You will be branded with this mistake for the rest of your life! Your children's children will walk down the street and people will point and say, 'Look, there go the spawn of APriestOfGix!'"

freakish777
12-21-2007, 11:18 PM
This is how bad it is:

If you play it, there's an opening on Team Freshly Baked Crayons for you...

Di
12-21-2007, 11:43 PM
You do know Fecundity draws cards when the creature hits the graveyard, right? And Food Chain removes them from the game.

Reading FTW.

Bovinious
12-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Dwarves are awful, if I were you id get going on a Didgerdoo deck that utilizes the new Changelings from Lorwyn :wink:

Bryant Cook
12-22-2007, 01:37 AM
Changlings are Dwarves. It's possible.

Mental
12-22-2007, 01:38 AM

So is Mistform Ultimus. Get building!

Bryant Cook
12-22-2007, 02:12 AM
Na, I'm not the moron with the idea. I was just saying. Food Chain elves is much cooler.

Nydaeli
12-22-2007, 02:22 AM
You know, as your opponent I would probably be willing to pay three mana to clog up the top of your library with useless Dwarves. I think this is a bad plan.

Zork
12-22-2007, 02:37 AM
I also tried a Dwarf deck with belcher as an alternative kill. It was absolutely the worst pile I have ever conceived, save my Last Stand joke deck.

Tacosnape
12-22-2007, 03:20 AM
I also tried a Dwarf deck with belcher as an alternative kill. It was absolutely the worst pile I have ever conceived, save my Last Stand joke deck.

Don't mock. Team Laughing Hyena has a seriously competitive Last Stand control deck. Think Black Control splashing all four other colors with Engineered Explosives, Burning Wish, Tarmogoyf, Shade, and Last Stands of 12-14 life loss (Stand is much much stronger when all your lands are Swamps.)

The problem is, with the Thoughtseizes it books well over a thousand dollars. So we can't actually build it without heavily pooling deck resources.

EDIT: Maybe I'll submit it for CANGD or somn..

Mental
12-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Don't mock. Team Laughing Hyena has a seriously competitive Last Stand control deck. Think Black Control splashing all four other colors with Engineered Explosives, Burning Wish, Tarmogoyf, Shade, and Last Stands of 12-14 life loss (Stand is much much stronger when all your lands are Swamps.)

The problem is, with the Thoughtseizes it books well over a thousand dollars. So we can't actually build it without heavily pooling deck resources.

lololol.

What's the manabase? City of Brass?

Cavius The Great
12-22-2007, 12:00 PM
lololol.

What's the manabase? City of Brass?

Swamp type duals. :tongue:

Nihil Credo
12-22-2007, 12:11 PM

Enjoy my Five-Colour MBC tech: All Suns' Dawn. It makes Fact or Fiction look like Index.

SilverGreen
12-22-2007, 12:16 PM

The problem is, with the Thoughtseizes it books well over a thousand dollars. So we can't actually build it without heavily pooling deck resources.I became really curious about it now.

APriestOfGix
12-22-2007, 12:21 PM

ok, so with fecundity out, i just need to find a way to draw cards...

oh, this is SO bad, but i MUST at least post a list...

Mr.C
12-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Glimpse of Nature?

Solpugid
12-22-2007, 01:55 PM
I've always wanted dwarven bloodboiler in a deck. His ability is rediculously powerful, but the dwarf support cards are terrible.

Eldariel
12-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Glimpse is the only actually functional option. Have an effin' good time. Glimpse into stuff, have a Dwarf in play, go recruiter>stack your library, draw stuff, make sure you get a Bloodboiler and a bunch of cheapies in play, then attack with the lone healthy Dwarf, pump it with all the others and win. There, build that deck and leave it at that. No. Fecundity.

APriestOfGix
12-22-2007, 06:35 PM
I should name it Dwarves.jank!

Zork
12-22-2007, 07:45 PM

I wasn't aware of mocking anyone. I was just saying the worst pile I ever put together was a Last Stand deck. I have the list around here, and I did beat a couple of people on the intarwebs, but basically anything that had a solid plan with disruption ate it for breakfast. I built it pre-goyf (so no thoughtseize), but I doubt adding him would have made it much better.

troopatroop
12-22-2007, 09:33 PM
This shit is SO 3 years ago. Afro did it better. Play Brass Herald. Win.

Eldariel
12-22-2007, 10:03 PM
This shit is SO 3 years ago. Afro did it better. Play Brass Herald. Win.

Brass Herald doesn't allow for a Recruiter/Food Chain win :O

troopatroop
12-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Brass Herald doesn't allow for a Recruiter/Food Chain win :O

I remember that he was a really good card to have in your hand when you had FC and Recruiter. I know he doesn't immediately win the game, but with some sort of drawing effect he could do alot to create a loop. I don't remember the exact list, but the main gripe with it was that you needed to wait a turn to attack. That sucked. If you could somehow figure out how to get around that, the deck would probably be better.

Probably not all that good, but hillariously rogue.

Eldariel
12-22-2007, 10:47 PM
I remember that he was a really good card to have in your hand when you had FC and Recruiter. I know he doesn't immediately win the game, but with some sort of drawing effect he could do alot to create a loop. I don't remember the exact list, but the main gripe with it was that you needed to wait a turn to attack. That sucked. If you could somehow figure out how to get around that, the deck would probably be better.

Probably not all that good, but hillariously rogue.

Having a guy in play and using Bloodboiler works.

Tacosnape
12-23-2007, 02:56 AM
Swamp type duals. :tongue:

He is correct. 8 black fetches (Delta and Mire), 14 Black Duals.

It runs in addition to Last Stand: Tarmogoyf, Nantuko Shade, Engineered Explosives, Evasive Action, Burning Wish, Pernicious Deed, and many other goodies.

Cavius The Great
12-23-2007, 12:12 PM
He is correct. 8 black fetches (Delta and Mire), 14 Black Duals.

It runs in addition to Last Stand: Tarmogoyf, Nantuko Shade, Engineered Explosives, Evasive Action, Burning Wish, Pernicious Deed, and many other goodies.

Collective Restraint and Gaea's Might might be really good as well. :wink:

Illissius
12-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Tribal Flames plus Last Stand plus Profane Command could be a potent burn suite. With Goyf and Shade (Bob? Doran?) you could make great use of all of Command's abilities.

Heh. Last Stand. That's awesome tech.

Afro
12-23-2007, 01:22 PM
I used to have this deck built a long ass time ago. Bloodboiler is the best card in the deck. Period. The deck needs acceleration along the lines of Seething song and Rite of the Flames (which wasn't available at the time). Vial wasn't in print when I played this deck so that would probably be an auto include. The main problem is Dwarves just suck dick. You have Bloodboiler who is INSANE then the next best guy destroys nonbasic lands which doesn't really help your game plan. I hope some good changelings get printed cause I always like the deck it just sucked dick.

Zork
12-23-2007, 02:44 PM
I totally forgot about tribal flames, but I had restraint in the sideboard against goblins. Gaea's Might is not worth it, though, from the little testing I did.

As for dwarves, I tried to go aggro with a combo finish (belcher), and found that the aggro part never worked, and the combo part usually didn't work. I honestly see no reason to run dwarves over Mana Severence in that case.

ccmon
12-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Changlings are Dwarves. It's possible.:rolleyes:

convert dvd to ipod (http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod-movie-video-converter.html)
ipod converter (http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod-movie-video-converter.html)