PDA

View Full Version : [Single card discussion] Kaervek's Spite

kilukru
12-22-2007, 01:56 PM
BBB
Instant

Rules Text (Oracle): As an additional cost to play Kaervek's Spite, sacrifice all permanents you control and discard your hand.
Target player loses 5 life

I saw many sui black and pox deck wishing for a card that could give them victory one turn earlier than their usual clock, could this be that card?

Well at least as a sideboard option (the drawback of a screwed spite a quite obious), or played whit card like unmask to make sur you hit?

Ok, illl admit im tryng to resurect and old time favorite :cool:

hi-val
12-22-2007, 01:59 PM
My Kaervek's Spites, let me tell you about them.

At one point, I had a deck that used Academy Rector. One would play the Rector and then cast Kaervek's Spite. I would have no permanents in play and no cards in my hand, which made me win the game when I found The Cheese Stands Alone.

I'm not sure how well it works with Barren Glory.

Zork
12-22-2007, 07:41 PM
It does work with Barren Glory. Best part is, if they counter Spite, you still sac everything.

As for sui, I think its just a little too risky, kinda like how red aggro doesn't play final fortune.

Lifeless
12-22-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm not sure how well it works with Barren Glory.

In a word, worse. They both work but at least the Cheese triggers immediately. If I recall correctly there is a post someplace on here or TMD about developing this deck, could have been for vintage. All in all a fun casual combo, just be sure to lead with an unmask for stifle!

I have played a lot of Sui black and have seen people use Spite before. IMHO you may as well play Hatred and go all in. For that matter isn't Soul Spike better? Even if you don't have a snowball's chance hard casting it you still get a better effect and don't flawless victory yourself if it gets FoW'd.

zeus-online
12-23-2007, 06:16 AM
I've played it in hatred - but that was with 4 Demonic consultation....i sincerely doubt it's usefulness in a deck that cannot find it on demand....and 3 or 4 would just be dead draws.

It has won me a surprising number of games though.

/Zeus

Finn
12-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Some people actually gave this a go recently.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=74942&highlight=barren+glory

FoolofaTook
12-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Some people actually gave this a go recently.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=74942&highlight=barren+glory

You have to admire anybody who is willing to go naked in search of a win. Even with a bunch of ways to peek first.