PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Neverdying Clerics

Oros, the Avenger
12-23-2007, 05:21 PM
This Deck is all about making full use of Rotlung Reanimator. With Artificial Evolution, you can get Clerics that can chump...and return. Or sacrifice them...just to get them back. If you have 2 Reanimators, get 2 Clerics every time 1 Cleric dies.

// Lands
4 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
1 [US] Island (4)
4 [ON] Polluted Delta
1 [IA] Swamp (2)
3 [B] Badlands
3 [B] Volcanic Island
4 [U] Underground Sea

// Creatures
4 [ON] Cabal Archon
4 [ON] Rotlung Reanimator
4 [9E] Nantuko Husk
4 [US] Priest of Gix

// Spells
4 [ON] Artificial Evolution
4 [PS] Terminate
4 [ON] Read the Runes
4 [R] Dark Ritual
4 [US] Duress
4 [AL] Force of Will

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [GP] Leyline of the Void
SB: 4 [FE] Hymn to Tourach (1)
SB: 3 [10E] Pithing Needle
SB: 4 [MR] Chalice of the Void

Choices:
Manabase: 8 Fetchlands, some duals and 2 basics against bloodmoon.

Cabal Archon: When the combo is online, it reads "B: Target player loses 2 life and you gain 2 life."
Reanimator: Part of the Combo. Change "Zombie" to "Cleric" and get tokens!
Husk: Infinity! Sacc a token...and get 1+ Tokens.
Priest: A Cleric for nothing!
Evolution: Explained with Reanimator.
Terminate: Godlike removal.
Read the Runes: Who needs Braingeyser when you can get a card with the same effect for U less!
Ritual: Speed up the thing.
Duress: A bit handdisruption
FoW: Simply the best counter.

Sideboard:
Leyline: Against GY-based decks
Hymn: A bit more handdisruption
Needle: Against soooo much things
Chalice: Kills Burn and Fastcombo.

Bovinious
12-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Read the Runes you have to sacrifice a permanent or discard a card for EACH card drawn, not just once, so its not just a cheaper Braingeyser. I remember this was a big issue when Onslaught first came out because the wording isnt clear, but its not as good as you seem to think it is from your explanation.

vigilante
12-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Some things:

- With a total of 12 blue cards, which includes your 4x Force of Will, you're not going to be playing it for its alternate cost very often. Increase the number of blue cards, or drop the Forces.

- Splashing a third colour just for the sake of 4 Terminates seems wrong. If you're desperate for removal that isn't blue or black, splash white for Swords to Plowshares.

- Any particular reason Duress isn't Thoughtsieze?

Nihil Credo
12-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Without the Rotlung/Evolution combo, your deck becomes "Hey let's play a bunch of Gray Ogres".dec. Run Standardize as Evolution 5-8 and some tutoring effects to get the Reanimator, and Cabal Therapy for disruption.

Cavius The Great
12-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't think combos that don't win you the game are very good. I'll give you an A- for effort though, I've always liked innovative deck ideas and I encourage it. I love to see innovative deckbuilders on these forums.

Oros, the Avenger
12-24-2007, 02:33 AM
Read the Runes you have to sacrifice a permanent or discard a card for EACH card drawn, not just once, so its not just a cheaper Braingeyser.

If you have i.e. 5 Tokens, you can draw 5 cards and dont even lose a permanent.

Standardiz only works until end of turn, and its hard to win with the combo in just 1 turn.

Thoughtseize could be an idea, I just didnt want so much lifeloss, but I will test TS.

Ok, I drop R and Splash White for StoP.

Elfrago
12-24-2007, 05:09 AM
Unnatural Selection is evolution 5-8. And it pitches to FOW too.

Oros, the Avenger
12-24-2007, 05:21 AM
New decklist with the Selection:

// Lands
4 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
4 [ON] Polluted Delta
3 [b] Scrubland
3 [b] Tundra
4 [u] Underground Sea

// Creatures
4 [ON] Cabal Archon
4 [ON] Rotlung Reanimator
3 [9E] Nantuko Husk
4 [US] Priest of Gix

// Spells
4 [ON] Artificial Evolution
4 [IA] Swords to Plowshare
3 [ON] Read the Runes
4 [R] Dark Ritual
4 [LRW] Thoughtseize
4 [AL] Force of Will
4 [AP] Unnatural Selection

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [GP] Leyline of the Void
SB: 4 [FE] Hymn to Tourach (1)
SB: 3 [10E] Pithing Needle
SB: 4 [MR] Chalice of the Void

syssc9
12-24-2007, 01:51 PM
I have a casual multiplayer deck based on clerics that uses a similar strategy. Mine is black/white and uses Vindicate for primary removal. Instead of Standardize/Artificial Evolution I use Conspiracy to turn the tokens in to clerics, although the CCC of 5 may be a bit much in a competitive tourney deck. If anyone is interested, I will post the list for you to look at, but I don't want to spam someone else's thread without permission. It's good to see somone else working with Clerics.

Oros, the Avenger
12-24-2007, 05:23 PM
The cc of Conspiracy slows the deck extremly down. You can post it. I think maybe with the "More-Cost-Spheres" like Thorn and 3sphere, with Chalice, with Rituals, with 2cc-Lands, maybe would get it to something like FS with a combo-finish. But without FoW, the only thing we have against Fast-combo is Chalice.