PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Dawn of the Dead in Legacy

fetchesbasiclands
12-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Could this kind of deck have any chance in legacy?This list hasn't been tested at all,but it seems like there would be a lot of synergies within.The sideboard is just thrown together.I know,this looks pretty bad the way it is now,but I think that a deck like this would be fun to play when you get the engine going.
artifacts
4 mox diamond
3 lotus petal
enchantments
3 zombie infestation
2 exploration
creatures
4 tarmogoyf
4 dark confidant
3 squee, goblin nabob
1 eternal witness
1 shriekmaw
sorceries
4 thoughtseize/duress
3 cabal therapy
2 life from the loam
instants
3 intuition
lands
1 volrath's stronghold
4 bayou
2 underground sea
4 polluted delta
1 tropical island
1 cephalid coliseum
2 bloodstained mire
2 swamp
1 forest
1 island
4 wasteland
sideboard
4 thorn of amethyst
4 krosan grip
3 pithing needle
4 tormod's crypt
As said,this list is very much just thrown together based on some vintagelists,but suggestions on cards are very welcome.The biggest problems for this deck seem to be graveyard hate and chalice at 2.Grips and needles come in against crypts and leylines.There must be some obvious cards that I have forgot.

Jaynel
12-24-2007, 03:26 PM
I think the biggest problem is the lack of Bazaar. Isn't that a huge part of the deck's engine?

fetchesbasiclands
12-24-2007, 03:32 PM
I think the biggest problem is the lack of Bazaar. Isn't that a huge part of the deck's engine?
Yeah,it just might be.Could it be replaced with cycling lands and/or cephalid coliseum though?

ClearSkies
12-24-2007, 03:58 PM
It would seem like Intuition is pretty important here. Why not make it to four?

Also, how about those lands that can be cycled as a draw engine for loam? Are the lotus petals really needed? Wouldn't it make more sense for more exploration than Lotus petals?

emidln
12-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I worked on a port of Dawn of the Dead for awhile back in Fall 2006/Winter 2007 and ended up with a deck I called Aggro Confinement (you'll find it either on these boards or mtgs). With improved cards like Tarmogoyf and extra engines (Shriekmaw/Volrath's Stronghold), it might be interesting to retry the discard/aggro-control package with ZI instead of the Confinement stall plan. The only thing I really came away from was that Intuition is necessary in that style of deck.

fetchesbasiclands
12-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Dropping blue would probably be a good idea.A red splash for at least gamble could be considered.How would this look like?:
sorceries
3 loam
4 gamble
3 therapy
4 duress/seize
creatures
4 goyf
4 bob
4 squee
3 wild mongrel
enchantments
3 ZI
artifacts
4 mox diamond
2 lotus petal
lands
4 bayou
1 badlands
1 taiga
1 forest
1 swamp
2 barren moor
2 tranquil thicket
4 wooded foothills
2 bloodstained mire
1 volrath's stronghold
3 wasteland
I kinda like lotus petal,since it allows you to play spells on your first turn more often.Almost every spell costs 2 after all.Some other red spells could justify the splash more.The idea of some one-of creatures like witness and shriekmaw is interesting to me,because you have gamble and recursion with stronghold(maybe with genesis too).
@emidln,could you post your list here?