PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] B/G Aggro

Stooghenstein
01-02-2008, 09:19 PM
This deck I ran at the Wareham, MA Legacy tournament at Gateway Comics, my friend took my friends Deadguy Ale and splashed green for tarmogoyf and deeds, however last minute we cut the white thus just being B/G Aggro and the result wasn't that good. Please post suggestions

14 Creatures
4x Dark Confident
4x Tarmogoyf
3x Nantuko Shade
3x Phyrexian Negator

4 Artifacts
2x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Umezawa's Jitte

3 Enchantments
3x Pernicous Deed

4 Removal
Smother

12 Disruption
4x Duress
4x Cabal Therapy
4x Hymn To Tourach

4 Mana Excel
4x Dark Ritual

19 Mana Base
4x Bayou
4x Bloodstained Mire
4x Wasteland
1x Cabal Pit
6x Swamp

Sideboard
4x Leyline of the Void
4x Extirpate
3x Engineered Plague
1x Pernicious Deed
3x Pithing Needle

I would post how it plays against deck types but really with the last minute change didn't get to playtest that much. But here is the results of the wareham tournament i scrubbed out of :frown: . Sorry I don't remember the names of who I played.

Round 1: Plainswalker Control
Game 1: Beat down with Tarmogoyf and Confidant late game.
Game 2: This game seemed like it took forever after many creatures hit the graveyard of mine through disk and deeds he drops a Liliana Vess gets it to 8 counters and i scoop the game with time running low.
Game 3: I open the game hitting some cards out of his hand he's hoping to drag it out and slaver lock me. I drop 2 Confidants and a Goyf beat him down while wastelanding 3 of his lands thus stopping him from doing anything.
1-0-0

Round 2: Burn
Game 1: He has an explosive opening hand dropping me to 0 in like 3-4 turns.
Game 2: I keep a hand with all disruption thus emptying his hand turn 2 and beeting burn down with Negator.(had nothing to board negator out for)
Game 3: Drop a Jitte turn 2 but no creature he gets me down to 5 life when i get a confidant and equip jitte, but he has sulfurous vortex out thus not being able to gain the life i need to live of jitte he bolts me for 3, vortex kills me during my upkeep.
1-1-0

Round 3: Faerie Stompy
Game 1: He drops Serendib Efreet w/a jitte and then muldrifter beats me down with that, has an answer to everything I played.
Game 2: I drop a goyf and pick out some cards from his hand and beat him down, before i kill him i duress he packs up and says next game.
Game 3: I drop a needle calling jitte he drops Serendib Efreet and Light and Shadow which hurts a lot, I hymn out two creatures but he gets back via lite and shadow and beats me down.
1-2-0

Round 4: Goyfsligh
Game 1: Ends fast where I mull down to 5 and get mana screwed.
Game 2: I drop Jitte and a creature but he kills the creature, starts beating me down, the only creature i draw is negator, equip it to jitte, he burns it for 5 i lose my board and game over, then i drop realizing this was a bad deck choice for the diverse meta.
1-3-0

Suggestions Please maybe will rebuild the deck.

HammafistRoob
01-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Come on Stoohg, just play Thresh or Gobs. You bought thresh and haven't even played it in a major tourney yet. You are a good Goblin player but you hate the deck. This deck looks cool but it needs the correct pilot(not you). PLAY THRESH OR GOBBS.

EDIT-
Or be a beast with my build and bang out some nubbs.

Stooghenstein
01-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Come on Stoohg, just play Thresh or Gobs. You bought thresh and haven't even played it in a major tourney yet. You are a good Goblin player but you hate the deck. This deck looks cool but it needs the correct pilot(not you). PLAY THRESH OR GOBBS.

EDIT-
Or be a beast with my build and bang out some nubbs.

Was just looking for suggestions for when we give it back to Tim

AnwarA101
01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
I don't think that playing Deed with creatures that cost 3 or less is very good. Too often you will be affected by Deed and that makes the card too symmetrical to generate much advantage.

J.V.
01-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Yeah Stoogh, I think our origonal list with the white was better.
Lands:22
4 Wasteland
4 Bloodstained Mire
1 Polluted Delta
3 Bayou
3 Scrubland
7 Swamp

Creatures:14
4 Dark Confident
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Phyrexian Negator
2 Doran,the Siege Tower