PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] 4c Intuition Control

spider900
01-03-2008, 01:34 PM
First of all I have to say that this idea comes not from me. I found an article while searching around in the internet for a new deck idea. I like to play decks which not many people know, because it's always kinda cool when you see your opponents face when your deck concept works fine. But more than that I like Life from the Loam. I always wanted to play a deck around that card, so here's the list:

4c Intuition Loam

4 Shriekmaw
4 Tarmogoyf
2 Terravore

1 Augur of Skulls
1 Eternal Witness
1 Viridian Zealot
1 Genesis

4 Brainstorm
4 Intuition
3 Life from the Loam
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Tormod’s Crypt
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Maze of Ith

4 Windswept Heath
4 Polluted Delta
2 Tropical Island
1 Tundra
2 Bayou
1 Savannah
1 Forest
1 Swamp
4 Mox Diamond
1 Academy Ruins
1 Volrath’s Stronghold
4 Tranquil Thicket
2 Wasteland

[No real Sb existing yet]

The article, where I found the decklist is written in very good style and can be seen as a primer, also the cards are explained well. Right in the arcticle, there's a Sb suggestion from the author, but I'm not convinced from his idea.

For referece, here's the link to the article: http://www.magiceternal.com/intuition-loam.html

The Weakness of any Loam deck has always been the Combo matchup. The Sb suggested in the article is stricly an anti-combo Sb, but I was thinking about a Sb which is not only strictly against combo. I'd like to have a Sb with against both, Combo and other stuff. I looked at the colours and suddenly Gaddoock Teeg and Meddling Mage came to my mind...What do you think?

Alright, I haven't done any testing with it yet, but the article was very promising and i'll will work on that idea.

APriestOfGix
01-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Um, this is kinda lacking in stuff. Don't just copy an articals list, and put it as a CaNG Deck... Thats kinda weak... If the mod's even allow this entry, then i'll bother posting my comments on the deck.

In before lock!

technogeek5000
01-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Yah thats kinda gay. the deck seems fine but its not original.

Goaswerfraiejen
01-03-2008, 05:21 PM
I've got to say that I think that a GBuw version of the deck is inferior to a strictly BUG version because it sacrifices your manabase and consistency for fairly weak reasons. Wwhite gives you StP (which is completely unnecessary), and Meddling Mage and Gaddock Teeg--which are actually better off as Force of Will and Stifle. They're good cards, but a tad slow against combo, and without backup they won't help much. Going to white makes the deck overextend itself.

Also, nine lands that either produce no coloured mana or come into play tapped puts too much strain on an already overtaxed manabase--especially if you want four colours.

My honest opinion is that this configuration does the work of the BUG configuration sub-optimally. Finally, while Augur of Skulls is neat, I don't think it's better than Wonder or Gigapede does. The same goes for Viridian Zealot; I'd rather just have pernicious Deed blowing things up.

@ APoG and technogeek: I can see this list turning in a different direction from the four variants already posted here on The Source (two as CaNGD entries) with an emphasis on Life from the Loam and Terravore. I don't think that four colours is worth it, and I do think that it should take its cue from the other lists already here, but spider900 can do some good work in that direction. Were he to focus on the Loam-a-Vore aspect, I think it would be more different than the other two CaNGD entries, at least--and very likely a big departure from that article.

I think you should go for it, spider900--but you'll need more details in the opening post, notably reasons for card choices.