4 Street Wraith/(Orims Chant?)

Enchantments 4
4 Sneak Attack

Sorceries 4
4 Enlightened Tutor
4 Gamble

Total 60

Reason for changes
Gamble>Dragon Mage-giving your opponent 7 cards is bad. Gamble helps grab what you need to win.
Street Wraith>Chrome Mox-Still iffy on this but it seems to help, I don't like losing the 2 life though.
Seething song>Rite of Flame-Allows more turn one wins
Crystal Vein>Ancient Tomb-Less damage taken means more turn one wins with serra.
Lotus Petal>Elvish Spirit Guide-Any color mana helps

Reason for Creature Base
Serra Avatar-Can pull off first turn wins. (Crystal Vein+Simian Spirit Guide+Seething Song+Sneak Attack+Serra Avatar)
Dragon Tyrant-12 Damage that flies.
Kokusho-10 Damage plus 5 Life Gain.
Street Wraith-Free Draw

I played 20 Hands on MWS just to give an idea of the speed of the deck and this is what I got

3 Turn One Wins 15% |15%
4 Turn Two Wins 20% |35%
7 Turn Three Wins 35% |70%
3 Turn Four Wins 15% |85%
3 Turn Five Wins 15% |100%

I figure a 70 percent chance to win turn 3 isn't bad however this is without disruption.
Orims Chant is definitly a possible solution to the disruption.

Games Played on MWS (I don't have crazy amounts of free time)
Enchantress 1-1 They had bunches of enchantment removal
Burn 2-0 easy

I didn't realize that I had 36 mana sources until after I started typing this. Sad thing is that this deck is actually working for me. I have gotten lots of turn 2-3 wins.

I figured that I couldn't submit it to Cang because this is an old idea, if I'm wrong let me know.

How the deck works- You get mana quickly and play sneak attack, then use it to play serra avatar and attack for the win

Cavius The Great
01-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Seething Song?

And yes, it's original enough to submit to the CanG competition.

Fons
01-04-2008, 09:38 PM
alright could a mod move this for me then?

p1erree
01-04-2008, 11:14 PM
summoner's pact?

Jaynel
01-04-2008, 11:28 PM
To get which green creature?

Bovinious
01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
I was working on a deck like this in the summer but ultimately abandoned it, my version played Through the Breach as Sneak Attack 5-8, and also the win con was Protean Hulk and comboing off from there rather than using the attack step.

kicks_422
01-04-2008, 11:54 PM
My build runs these cards:

4 Empty the Warrens - with all the Rituals I run, a viable back-up plan
4 Magus of the Jar - Sneak Attack'd into play, is usually GG
4 Nicol Bolas - If it hits early, puts the opponent into a very tough situation
4 Gamble - Your hand is always full anyway until you try to accelerate into Sneak Attack or Warrens, so this tutor is somewhat good here

rufus
01-05-2008, 01:11 AM
You might consider:
Through the Breach - a single use sneak attack
Magus of the Jar - great combo with sneak attack in your deck.
Shallow Grave/Corpse Dance

This deck also looks like a good candidate for the Trinisphere,Chalice of the Void, and Magus of the Moon disruption like Dragon Stompy.

Michael Keller
01-05-2008, 01:31 AM
You should play Seething Song and/or Forgotten Cave.

Seething Song into Sneak Attack and using the last mana for activation is too huge to pass up. Also, you play E. Tutor, so cycling a Forgotten Cave into your Tutored Card is a big play too. Speeds up the deck.

Benie Bederios
01-05-2008, 07:27 AM
One card I certainly suggest is

Dragons Storm... This deck is fit for it. With the huge amount of manaspells( if you fit in Seething Song too) getting nine mana isn't a problem. And Dragonstorm with stormcount three( so you can play it four time) is gg, just search for 4x Kokusho or Bogardan Hellkite and win on the spot.

Next to that I would suggest some protection. I think Duress/Thoughtseize and Cabal Therapy(gives your fatties a use after they attacked) are the best.

BB

xsockmonkeyx
01-05-2008, 07:51 AM
This (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5085) thread is about a similar list. You should be able to find some ideas there.

Good luck.

largebrandon
01-05-2008, 01:31 PM
I believe Kenji played the deck a few years ago. Not sure where, though.

Cavius The Great
01-05-2008, 01:37 PM
This deck has no disruption. This deck auto loses to aggro control, control and faster combo. You're running White so I suggest something along the lines of Abeyance and Orim's Chant in the MD.

HammafistRoob
01-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Uggghhh....

I was working on a deck like this(with more control and disruption like 3sphere and Chalice). Oh well mine is still going to be built but with a different, more meta hating splash.

etrigan
01-05-2008, 02:04 PM
I believe Kenji played the deck a few years ago. Not sure where, though.

Tsuyoshi Fujita. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgevent/hofplayer/tfujita)

3 City of Traitors
3 Crystal Vein
4 Dwarven Ruins
4 Mountain
4 Sandstone Needle

2 Crater Hellion
4 Dragon Tyrant
4 Rorix Bladewing
1 Serra Avatar
3 Symbiotic Wurm

4 Blazing Shoal
4 Chrome Mox
4 Desperate Ritual
4 Gamble
4 Seething Song
4 Sneak Attack
4 Through the Breach

SIDEBOARD
1 Cave-In
4 Defense Grid
1 Duplicant
2 Final Fortune
4 Pyrostatic Pillar
3 Serra Avatar

Fons
01-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Updated First Post

Cavius The Great
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Tsuyoshi Fujita. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgevent/hofplayer/tfujita)

3 City of Traitors
3 Crystal Vein
4 Dwarven Ruins
4 Mountain
4 Sandstone Needle

2 Crater Hellion
4 Dragon Tyrant
4 Rorix Bladewing
1 Serra Avatar
3 Symbiotic Wurm

4 Blazing Shoal
4 Chrome Mox
4 Desperate Ritual
4 Gamble
4 Seething Song
4 Sneak Attack
4 Through the Breach

SIDEBOARD
1 Cave-In
4 Defense Grid
1 Duplicant
2 Final Fortune
4 Pyrostatic Pillar
3 Serra Avatar

I like this list alot. Dragon Tyrant and Blazing Shoal discarding another 4cc red spell is gg.

To get which green creature?

To fetch Elvish Spirit Guide, silly. I don't know how you missed that... :wink:

Willoe
01-06-2008, 02:57 PM
I would go like this (rough build):

mono red combo!!!

4 Chrome Mox
4 Lotus Petal
4 Rite of Flame
4 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Desperate Ritual
4 Seething Song
4 Land Grant
2 Taiga

4 Sneak Attack
4 Gamble
2 Goblin Lore

4 Magus of the Jar
3 Symbiotic Wurm
2 Serra Avatar
2 Nicol Bolas

4 Street Wraith

2 Goblin Charbelcher
3 Burning Wish

Wishboard:
1 Through the Breach
1 Empty the Warrens
1 Goblin Lore
1 Cave-In
1 Winds of Change
4 Xantid Swarm
4 City of Brass
2 Orim's Chant

this looks pretty consistent, except that your opponent also gets to draw cards with magus. However, he simply can't draw enough counters once Sneak Attack is in play to counter all mana sources you draw to sneak even more creatures into play. Plus it destroys other combo when they have mulled for a perfect hand. This is far from optimal. However, should the list include these creatures? Should it be monored? Does it needs protection in MB?

EDIT: Summoner's Pact for Krosan Cloudscraper, Symbtiotic Wurm, Elish Spirit Guide, whichever green beef that exists? Sadly, they cannot be lethal. A lethal dude is pretty important when pacting for one ;)

Cavius The Great
01-06-2008, 03:01 PM
I was thinking running Summoner's Pact along with Krosan Cloudscraper and Berserk for that lethal damage kill. What do you guys think?

Willoe
01-06-2008, 03:34 PM
A no-go. Three card combos that involves the danger of losing the game next turn as well as FoW can't be THAT good.

Cavius The Great
01-06-2008, 03:44 PM
A no-go. Three card combos that involves the danger of losing the game next turn as well as FoW can't be THAT good.

That's why you run Pact of Negation and Orim's chant.

Willoe
01-06-2008, 04:12 PM
seriously, would you play krosan cloudscraper (crappy with 13 damage and no other effect) AND berserk (probably makes cloud lethal, but requires an extra card as well as an extra mana)?

blitz
01-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Has anyone thought of maybe adding a reanimation plan to the deck? Like say, splash black for shallow grave (changing one of the taigas into badlands)?

Replacing through the breach as well, to keep room for charbelcher and warrens, might be worth it, might not... anyone?

kicks_422
01-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Here's the build I whip out for MWS every once in a while... Unstable like Britney Spears, but when with a good hand, explosive like... Well... Britney.

// Lands
8 [UNH] Mountain
4 [TE] Ancient Tomb
4 [EX] City of Traitors

// Creatures
4 [TSP] Bogardan Hellkite
4 [SC] Dragon Tyrant
4 [TSB] Nicol Bolas
4 [TSP] Magus of the Jar

// Spells
4 [US] Sneak Attack
4 [TSP] Empty the Warrens
4 [US] Gamble
4 [MR] Seething Song
4 [CS] Rite of Flame
4 [MR] Chrome Mox
4 [TE] Lotus Petal

I don't have an SB for it, because I usually just play it for fun. :tongue:

Willoe
01-07-2008, 09:52 AM
It's pretty funny, but it scoops. Often! Serra Avatar is a must in the deck. Dragon Tyrant can with Bogardan Hellkite be cutted completely or at least cut to 2 of each. Goblin Charbelcher, less lands, taigas and land grants makes it out for a nice alternate-alternate win con. Then we got 3. (Warrens, belcher and sneak attack). Burning Wish in MB, the 4th Rite of Flame SB and ETW SB would be better IMO.

EDIT: Symbiotic Wurm FTW!

kicks_422
01-07-2008, 05:32 PM
If you;re going to run Land Grants, Belchers, and EtW, you should probably cut the Sneak Attacks and play Belcher instead.

Willoe
01-07-2008, 05:44 PM
This practically takes all the new deck away from it. 3 ways to win makes the deck unstoppable when it comes to therapies, meddling mages and most deck who can't counter all spells played. Belcher, ETW and Sneak all dodge CB/top.

TheLion
01-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Just an idea:

(X Fierce Empath ?)
4 Grozoth
1 Kuro, Pitlord (or 1 Fire Dragon)
1 Colossus of Sardia
1 Body of Jukai

(Sneak Fierce Empath into play, search for) Grozoth, sneak him into play, search for the other 2-3 creatures, and sneak them into play for the win.
Kill Blockers with Kuro or Fire Dragon.
At least this would take up less slots in the deck!

I also like Chalice in this deck, but Gamble costs 1 :-/

romain7
01-21-2008, 09:41 PM
4 1R ritual add RRR to your mana pool......... what the hell is the name of that thing? Ritual into a seething song

Sanguine Voyeur
01-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Desperate Ritual. Rite of Flame nets you the same or better mana for less mana, so that would be better.