PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] The IVth Crusade (a)

Aleksandr
01-05-2008, 06:49 PM

vigilante
01-05-2008, 07:29 PM
This seems remarkably similar to Angel Stompy (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2635). Care to comment on what makes it significantly different/better?

Edit: Actually, it looks like some sort of hybrid of Angel Stompy and Death & Taxes (equipment/shadow dudes from AS, Vials and a low-CC creature curve from D&T).

Edit 2: Cavius, thanks for pointing out which cards aren't in the deck, but that doesn't do much to explain how the game plan differs to either AS or D&T, or how the lack of those cards is an improvement over AS.

Cavius The Great
01-05-2008, 07:31 PM
This seems remarkably similar to Angel Stompy (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2635). Care to comment on what makes it significantly different/better?

It doesn't run Exalted Angel, Chalice or Ancient Tombs... :rolleyes:

It's more like White Weenie.

Isamaru
01-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Not to be rude, but putting a guru land into a deck doesn't make it new. :frown: sorry...

To be productive, I wanted to ask you why you are using Soltari Priest and Monk. They are both no longer able to race Tarmogoyf, and the pro black won't matter often enough. I think you could either splash black to play Spectral Lynx, or play Beloved Chaplain. He is unblockable and he blocks all creatures forever. He also can't be Gempalm'd. Try him out :smile:

galeng
01-05-2008, 10:22 PM
2 Isamaru, Hound of Konda[/B] (japanese Kamigawa)
4 Mother of Runes (japanese Urza)
2 Jötun Grunt
4 Serra Avenger
4 Silver Knight
4 Soltari Monk
4 Soltari Priest

4 Swords to Plowshares (japanese 4th Ed.)

4 Aether Vial
2 Mask of Memory
2 Umezawa´s Jitte (japanese Kamigawa)
2 Sword of Fire and Ice

3 Wasteland
3 Rishadan Port
16 Plains (signed guru... or Kamigawa 289)

** no sorcery, enchantment, etc... I say f..k Tarmogoyf!

SB:
1 Eight-and-a Half-Tails (StP anyone?)
2 Kataki, War's Wage
3 Ronom Unicorn (C-balance, War Ship)
2 Samurai of the Pale Curtain
1 Jötun Grunt
3 True Believer
3 Pithing Needle

This is an exact build of Angel Stompy, except for -2 Exalted Angel,
+2 Mask of Memories. Sorry.

Zach Tartell
01-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Well, you've had more than six hours to deal with the inability to post matches.

I reckon that this is, apart from the mana base, an exact copy of a pre-existing deck. You can keep it in the competition, but I want you to realize that you won't win, probably, since a third of the creiteria for a new deck is it, well, being new.