PDA

View Full Version : Treefolk.dec

technogeek5000
01-07-2008, 07:25 PM
This is just something fun i was thinking about today. The list is a about a 5 second rough draft because i realy dont have the attention span to test this or come up with a better list.

3 Doran
4 Doubtless Dourbark
4 Timber protecter
4 Harbinger
3 Bosk Banneret
4 Leaf crowned elder
4 Pernicous deed
3 Engineered explosives
4 Thoughtsieze
4 STP
4 Mumrmuring bosk
8 Fetches
4 bayou
3 Savvanah
4 Ancient tomb

The deck gets 3 crucial cards in Morningtide:

Murmuring Bosk
Land - Forest
(T : Add :g: to your mana pool.)
As Murmuring Bosk comes into play, you may reveal a Treefolk card from your hand. If you don't, Murmuring Bosk comes into play tapped.
T : Add or to your mana pool. Murmuring Bosk deals 1 damage to you.

Leaf-Crowned elder :2: :g: :g:
creature - Treefolk Shaman
Kinship - At the beginning of your upkeep, look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.
3/5

Bosk Banneret :1: :g:
Creature - Treefolk Shaman
Treefolk spells and Shaman spells you play cost less to play.
1/3

The deck gets a tri land that is fetchable, a creature that brings others into play with a respectable body, and a banneret to speed up all the big trees. The list has no tarmogoyf... Even though tarmogoyf can easily be supported with all the card types in the deck and doran making it stronger, it dies to all the mass removal and has no synergy with the rest of the treefolk so their realy wasnt any room. All the mass removal has synergy with the deck: Pernic deed you normally crack at 1-3 and if you have a timber protecter out you can crack it at whatever you want and all your guys dont get sent to the yard. The deck has no problems with mana as it has the new tri land which fortunately can be fetched for with heath and foothills because it is a forest. Ancient tomb and banneret are both there to speed up the deck which they do beautifally. Timber protecter is nice not only because he makes your guys bigger but because he makes them and your lands indestructible. Dourbark gets huge fast and he tramples which is huge. Thoughtsieze and STP are there to help give you more 1 drops as this deck will often do nothing the first 2 turns without them. The deck sort of plays out like the Tomb/Mox stompy decks but it answers the opponents spells instead of preventing them. A sideboard would be something like vindicate/chalice and a few other cardsa i cant think of now.

Thoughts?

Gambit
01-07-2008, 07:49 PM
This deck wants birds.
Turn 2 doran is kinda good...

Payne_The_Mediocre
01-07-2008, 07:55 PM
ancient tomb seems not so great with Dauntless dourbark and at first glance looks like you can't abuse it very well due to the mana-costs of your creatures.

Treefolk are slow and clunky, they are big but it really only looks like you can get about 1 down at a time at best. They don't have haste so therefore they can't attack right away, I just don't think they could ever be a viable deck. If you want to play g/b/w deck look into Truffle Shuffle

Why is everyone making all these tribal decks all of a sudden? Are we just going to try out every tribe in lorwyn and see if any of them just create an archetype on their own? That seems extremely doubtful. I'm almost expecting to see a Giant tribal deck soon, followed soon after by legacy flamekin.

Cavius The Great
01-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Where's the Sensei's Divining Top for Mr. Leaf crown?

LordEvilTeaCup
01-08-2008, 12:10 PM
I second the need for diving top. It is pretty sexy here. I hope the new cards make Treefolk competitive in standard at least, because I finally found a tribe that doesn't bore me to tears. In Legacy though, it will be quite challenging to create a competitive build.

Maveric78f
01-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Remarks :
- Banneret is bad according to me.
- Where is tarmogoyf? (I'm not kidding)
- why on earth play ancient tomb in such a deck?
- I'm really not sure you need 4*protector.
- Doran though should be *4 because the deck is slowed a lot when Doran is not in play. You'll eventually be happy to be able to keep 1 into your hand.
- I like the tribal treefolk vindicate. I would play 1, just in case of. And maybe some vindicates in addition.
- Play some basic lands, at least 2 forests and 1 plains.
- Chameleon Colossus ??? I mean it's very strong...
- Dauntless Dourbark (the real name, I lost 5 minutes to figure it out what it was) is crap.
- top would be insane. You have a lot of shufflers and it would enable an instant tutor with harbinger and to use leaf crown elder at its full power.

JDunkin00
01-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I must admit I am really excited about treefolk. The problem is it is more than likely better off as a T2 deck or post rotation extended deck next year. As far as legacy goes and to get back on topic basics are required in todays enviroment, BOP would definately help, and ancient tomb is no good here so replaces those with basics.