3 Briar Shield

---SB---
4 Ghostly Prison
4 Skyshroud Elite
3 Mother of Runes/ River Boa
4 Naturalize

JDunkin00
01-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Prob better off staying mono G. Deed, EExplosives, Chalice and 3sphere seeing increased play caused this archtype to vanish. Also splashing W makes you vulnerable to massacre in BWish style decks. Also where is goyf?

from Cairo
01-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I would probably drop Moxes, Elephants, Harvest Wurms... they all are pretty rough card disadvantage and in a format with Bolts and Swords, Elephant is begging to get 2 for 1'd all over the place.

BoP can't turn sideways, I would think that Llanowar Elves are better almost all the time, you have Land Grants to fetch white and I would cut a couple forest to run Windswept Heaths, to increase your access to white.

I think Swords is out of place in the deck cause the whole idea of running such a short sighted plan and pump is to get you're opponent from 20 to 0 as fast as possible. You're pump effects should allow you to outclass creatures in combat anyway. In 9-10 land Stompy once it gets the point in the game where they're stabilizing to the degree that their creatures outclass yours you've generally lost, you can sometimes go defensive and pull out a win with River Boa or something against Thresh if you can keep stable for a few turns while a 4/1 Island walker finishes them off.

If I was going to do Gw Stompy I would probably go for something like...

4 Jungle Lion
4 Skyshroud Elite
4 Quirion Ranger
3 Llanowar Elves
4 Tarmogoyf
3 River Boa
4 Watchwolf
3 Gaddock Teeg
4 Elvish Spirit Guide

4 Rancor
3 Briar Shield
2 Giant Growth
3 Winter Orb
4 Land Grant

4 Windswept Heath
4 Savannah
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Temple Garden
1 Forest

Changes being removing some of the non-threat mana production: Chrome Mox and BOP, etc. They are horrible top decks when you need threats, ESG can at least be hard cast as a 2/2 and Llanowar Elf can chump or swing in when his mana is unneeded. Adding Gaddock Teeg and Tarmogoyf, these are two of the best 2 drops out there, not sure why they weren't included. Teeg gives you some much needed disruption against combo, and Goyf just owns face. Winter Orb complements Teeg in you're disruption plan, and you operate insanely well under it, with Quirion Ranger or Llanowar Elves.

Jungle Lion and Skyshroud Elite are solid threats that don't require two cards invested to make them work, unlike Rogue Elephant and Harvest Wurm, they are a bit smaller, but they make up for it by allowing you to keep lands that are actually an asset to the above build since there's a more substantial portion of the deck at 2cc. Hidden Gibbons could also deserve a spot in place of one of these two, it's mostly personal preference.

Up to 11 land in this build, but several are fetch land so that helps you avoid drawing land off the top and even at 11 land there are still less dead mana production only cards in the deck, as before it had 21 cards devoted solely to mana, in this build there are only 15.

That would be my take on it anyway. Hope some of it is helpful.

la loutre
01-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Lands
4 [RAV] Forest (4)
2 [U] Savannah
4 [ON] Windswept Heath

// Creatures
4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
4 [EX] Skyshroud Elite
4 [AL] Elvish Spirit Guide
4 [PT] Jungle Lion
4 [PLC] Kavu Predator
4 [VI] Quirion Ranger
2 [FUT] Street Wraith

// Spells
4 [OV] Swords to Plowshares
4 [MM] Land Grant
4 [U] Berserk
4 [MM] Invigorate
4 [UL] Rancor
4 [WL] Briar Shield

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [UD] Powder Keg
SB: 4 [GP] Leyline of the Void
SB: 3 [NE] Reverent Silence
SB: 3 [MI] Seeds of Innocence
SB: 1 [DS] Serum Powder

here is a list I played for a time on causual, I never tested it in tournament, if it could help you.....
maybe

-2 street wraith
+2 forest

quirion help you to old with one land on early game, gives you attackers and blockers for the same creature

good luck with the deck

eq.firemind
07-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Long life casual decks!!

I've played X-land Berserk/Predator Stompy only a few times, but the deck is so fun to play that I want to run it more.

I found that attacking with more than 1 creature is a rare event(removal, counters) and you'll cast all bumps on one beater for crazy Berserk, so I thought maybe Exalted is a way to go? So I threw together the following list:

Exalted Berserk

MANA (15)
3 Windswept Heath
3 Savannah
4 Forest
4 Land Grant
1 Pendleheaven

SPORTSMEN (24)
4 Noble Hierarch - IMHO the best Exalted creature. Free +1/+1 (+2/+2 with Berserk), improves consistency, makes sideboard cards better. And can attack by herself if needed. My favorite part is that she's not dead topdeck 'cause she gives small pump NOW while smoothing the game from next turn.
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk - Evasion is good.
4 Skyshroud Elite - 2/3 for ? Yes!
3 Scryb Sprites - Again, evasion is good.
4 Kavu Predator - Main creature in the deck.
3 Silhanna Ledgewalker - Evasion + UberShroud? Yes!
2 Qasali Pridemage - Second best Exalted creature, MD solution for some problems

STEROIDS (21)
4 Might of Old Krosa - no comments
4 Rancor - no comments
4 Invigorate - no comments
4 Berserk - no comments
2 Bounty of the Hunt - Looks like I run enough green cards to support this. Free pump is good.
3 Swords to Plowshares - Generally good card, looks not so good for this deck, but synergy with Predator makes it solid.
And +12/+12 from Phyrexian Dreadnought is +100500 style poins !

SIDEBOARD
3 Winter Orb - no comments.
2 Seeds of Innosence - Much better with Hierarch.
3 Reverent Silence - Synergy with Predator, costs :0:? Yes!
3 Hidden Gibbons - Theese monkeys deserve a try
2 Scryb Ranger - Hi, Merfolks and Faerie Stompy!
2 Vexing Shusher - no comments.

So what do you think about this?

AngryTroll
07-09-2009, 08:56 AM
If you aren't running Bounty of the Hunt and/or Vine Dryad, extra forests or fetchlands will be better than Land Grant. The thinning makes a very, very small difference in the deck; after revealing your no-land hand, Land Grant will get countered by most of the best decks in the format. The old 9 Land builds ran it because it was a land in the first turn or two, then turned into a green card to pitch to Bounty or Vine Dryad off of the top.

If you are running straight G, Forests will probably be better than fetches. Again, the thinning will win you far fewer games than you will lose by having your only land Stifled.

If you're running GW, I'd look hard at running Savannahs and the Ravnica GW Dual over Windswept Heath.