PDA

View Full Version : [DECK] Countryside Crusher Combo (CCC)

Willoe
01-09-2008, 02:46 PM
What am I going to do? A VERY casual idea. I don't think it can be really playable, due to the fact that the combo is based on basic lands. WTF??? I'll show you.

Decklist:
Mana base:
13 Mountain
11 Forest
4 Chrome Mox

Creatures:
3 Birds of Paradise
4 Countryside Crusher
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Magus of the Moon

Other:
4 Scouting Trek
2 Clear the Land
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Chain Lightning
3 Price of Progress
2 Fireblast

What is this? This is aggro-combo! (Well, sort off.) The Countryside Crusher can be spoiled thousands of places on the 'net, so I won't do it here. It has an amazing ability of thinning your deck when you've reached the top of the mana curve, which is 3 in this deck. This is best done by using 2 mountains and 1 forest. You will then be able to play every card in the deck. This also serves as a cute trick for reaching ********, and in 43land for recursion. The combo part of the deck is done like this: Have Countryside Crusher in play earliest at turn 1 (but this is very inconsistent, you have to expect a turn 2 at the earliest). The turn before you play the crusher, it is important to stack your deck with Scouting Trek. When the turn where you actually play countryside crusher, draw a land. You must at least place 18 lands to do this. Luckily, you can choose which land that comes first, so you have a sort of mana fixing there. When your upkeep comes, you pop all lands in your deck into your yard, making crusher a 20/20, and if it dies, a solid topdeck for the rest of the game. (However, Clear the Land is dead) In any other way, it is pretty similar to goyf sligh in playing cheap men and burn. It also punishes the opponent for playing nonbasic by playing PoP's and Moonmen. (Maugs of the moon of course)

Some card choices (non obvious)

Chrome Mox: This deck simply demands some mana fixing, since the kill card costs 1RR. I didn't want to put too many lands into the deck (fetches are NOT a solution here) because of the combo.

Birds of Paradise: Yes, more mana fixing AND accel is needed. Also blocks an enforcer in a pinch :)

Scouting Trek: can serve as combo piece, but also in interaction with...

Clear the Land: This gem shines bright with scouting trek! no decks are playing basics these days, so this nets me an average of 2,3 lands per resolved spell, AND deck thinning! Could I ask for more? It's also one shitload of acceleration with Scouting Trek.

Tell me what to think! This thread can also be for card discussion of the Crusher! Is there a better build that's just straight aggro or better, more consistent combo?

Mijorre
01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
You seem to need some form of protection, as it is, they can just kill the CC in response to the stacking of the deck. That kind of rapes you bad.
Avoid fate and its ilk seem a tight plan :)

XSivPSI
01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
While its pretty bad that just about any kill spell will ruin your day after you fix your next 17+ draws you might as well run terravore.

Cavius The Great
01-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Fling?

zulander
01-09-2008, 07:36 PM
I like crusher in an aggro loam shell. This combo seems fun to toy with though.