PDA

View Full Version : G/B GarrukBlossom

alebronwebb
01-11-2008, 04:25 PM
This is an idea that just poped in my head the other day, using token producing monster Garruk and the previewed(on mtgsalvation) Moringtide card
Bitterblossom (:1: :b: Tribal Enchantment-Faerie At the beginning of your upkeep you lose 1 life and put a 1/1 black faerie rogue creature with flying in play).

The basic skeleton.

Lands 20
4 Bayou
3 Windswept Heath
3 Bloodstained Mire
6 Forest
4 Swamps

Creatures 18
4 Birds of Paradise
3 Ravenous Baloth
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Dark Confidant
3 Eternal Witness

Other 22
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
4 Bitterblossom
3 Thoughtseize
4 Cabal Therapy
2 Pernicious Deed (not sure about this, probably will change)
4 Smother
2 Sword of Fire and Ice

Card choices:
Ravenous Baloth- Good body plus free life gain with Garruk out.
Tarmogoyf- Yeah he can get big here since I play a Planeswalker and a Tribal spell.
Eternal Witness-Recursion is good.
Garruk Wildspeaker-Card advantage engine allowing me to keep lands in hand if I need to, free 3/3 during my turn, gives my guys power boost plus trample.
Bitterblossm-Smaller card advantage giving me free, uncounterable flying creatures (except for Stifle, booo).
Sword of Fire and Ice-I chose this over Jitte because it gives a boost immediatly and gives reach (burn) and card draw.

Srategy:
The main strategy in the deck is drop Bitterblossom, get free creatures and overrun with Garruk. E. Witness Garruk and repeat as needed. Tarmogoyf is in for defense and a very solid alt. win-con, he is going to get bigger in here than most Legacy decks since most don't bother running Planeswalkers or Tribal.

fetchesbasiclands
01-11-2008, 04:32 PM
What does that Bitterblossom add to this deck?

Cavius The Great
01-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Are you planning to use the 'overrun' effect of garruk or something? That's the only synergy I see with Bitterblossoms.

fetchesbasiclands
01-11-2008, 04:46 PM
If there was a decent use to Bitterblossom I guess it would have something to do with sacrificing but it will most likely not be viable in legacy.

zulander
01-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Are you planning to use the 'overrun' effect of garruk or something? That's the only synergy I see with Bitterblossoms.
Ding ding, we have a winnar.

Seems like a cool concept too, I'd add Confidants or sylvan librarys to help get the cards you need. Also, some md jitte's wouldn't be bad with fliers. Have you also tried silhana ledgwalker?

alebronwebb
01-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah, the overrun effect is the "main "synergy with Bitterblossoms, which I think is a good card anyways since it provides constant creatures that cant' be countered. Bitterblossom is also good with Therapy but thats a bonus. I think the main strategy I have with this deck is having a constant stream of free creatures. And Bitterbloom pretty much has no drawback since I can sac a Garruk token to Baloth. If there are good cards to use to sac the Faerie tokens please add.

Slaps on head* I can't believe I didn't add Confidant, he would be great here since I can recover all damage he does to me. Jitte's would be a good add to. Adding 4 Confidant and 3 Jitte. I haven't tried Ledgewalkers though, thanks for mentioning, will test.

EDIT: +4 Dark Confidant, +2 Jitte/Sword of Fire and Ice (still testing).
And -1 Ravenous Baloth, +2 Eternal Witness for recrusion.

I am still not sure about the lone Profane Command, with the limited testing I have done with this deck it has done okay. Allowing me to "burn" my opponent then give my creatures fear won a couple games vs. other aggro decks.

alebronwebb
01-14-2008, 12:30 AM
After a little more testing I have decided Sword of Fire and Ice is better than Jitte. Sword of F&I gives an immediate power boost, reach/creature removal, and card draw. In short it has given me quicker wins vs. Jitte.
Eternal Witness has been really good, returning a Garruk after i used his overrun is great. I might take out the lone Profane Command and add one more Witness.