SB:
4 Thoughtseize
4 Duress
1 Life from the Loam
1 Gamble
1 Hull Breach
1 Regrowth
3 Other (EE?)

43land, but dropping the white for black since Crusher >>>>>>>>>>>> Monastery. Also, discard in the board makes combo less of a bye.

Sorry if something like this has been put up elsewhere, I just wanted to put this up since I like the idea.

Kronicler
01-14-2008, 01:01 AM
My version so far:

Creatures
3 Countryside Crusher

Spells
4 Burning Wish
3 Gamble
3 Life from the Loam

Enchantments
4 Exploration
4 Manabond

Lands
3 Bayou
2 Bloodstained Mire
1 Forest
1 Forgotten Cave
4 Maze of Ith
4 Mishra's Factory
4 Rishadan Port
4 Taiga
1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
4 Tranquil Thicket
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
2 Volrath's Stronghold
4 Wasteland
4 Wooded Foothills

Sideboard (15 cards)
4 Duress
1 Gamble
1 Hull Breach
1 Life from the Loam
1 Regrowth
4 Thoughtseize
3 Tormod's Crypt

What makes this an incredible change to the current 43land is not only do you actually get a good combo matchup out of the board, but being able to literally put your opponent on a ONE TURN clock with crusher is just amazing.

Kronicler

Mental
01-14-2008, 01:06 AM
I know Crusher and has some synergy with the rest of the deck, but it lacks the extreme form that normal 43.lands does. Crusher + Manabond = not a combo. However, I must say that only time will tell if this build is better than actual 43 lands, however, at the moment I'm favoring Crusher in straight up aggro loam over this, because Aggro Loam doesn't lack synergy with crusher in the way that this does.

Aggro_zombies
01-14-2008, 01:11 AM
I know Crusher and has some synergy with the rest of the deck, but it lacks the extreme form that normal 43.lands does. Crusher + Manabond = not a combo. However, I must say that only time will tell if this build is better than actual 43 lands, however, at the moment I'm favoring Crusher in straight up aggro loam over this, because Aggro Loam doesn't lack synergy with crusher in the way that this does.
It's not Manabond, it's the "I'm going to dredge 3 lands to Loam, play Loam, cycle a card, dredge 3 lands to Loam, play Loam, cycle a card, dredge 3 lands to Loam..." that makes it retarded in this shell. You can do this quite a lot even on turn 3 because you'll have a lot of lands in play.

...heh. A lot of lands. Heh heh heh.

Mental
01-14-2008, 01:13 AM
It's not Manabond, it's the "I'm going to dredge 3 lands to Loam, play Loam, cycle a card, dredge 3 lands to Loam, play Loam, cycle a card, dredge 3 lands to Loam..." that makes it retarded in this shell. You can do this quite a lot even on turn 3 because you'll have a lot of lands in play.

...heh. A lot of lands. Heh heh heh.

Yeah, but generally to be able to accelerate into that you need Bond/Exploration on the table. If you do this with Bond, you're going to need a Volrath's Stronghold or Crusher is just sitting useless in your graveyard.

Aggro_zombies
01-14-2008, 01:17 AM
Yeah, but generally to be able to accelerate into that you need Bond/Exploration on the table. If you do this with Bond, you're going to need a Volrath's Stronghold or Crusher is just sitting useless in your graveyard.
It's not that hard to hit one, you run Gamble and Life from the Loam (to dredge).

Kronicler
01-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Manabond + crusher is no problem. You do your thing just like normal and crusher goes in the GY. Then, when you dredge a stronghold into the GY you get back crusher and just win. BTW you don't even need to cycle to make crusher huge. It's oracle text is:

At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it into your graveyard and repeat this process.
Whenever a land card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, put a +1/+1 counter on Countryside Crusher.

That means that at the beginning of your upkeep it is going to get a shit load of +1/+1 counters without you having to do anything at all. Then you just loam once and cycle and you swing ftw. It will not be nearly as insane in aggro loam, where you have to actually work for the counters. Here they come on free of charge because you are playing so many frickin lands.

Mental
01-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Manabond + crusher is no problem. You do your thing just like normal and crusher goes in the GY. Then, when you dredge a stronghold into the GY you get back crusher and just win. BTW you don't even need to cycle to make crusher huge. It's oracle text is:

At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it into your graveyard and repeat this process.
Whenever a land card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, put a +1/+1 counter on Countryside Crusher.

That means that at the beginning of your upkeep it is going to get a shit load of +1/+1 counters without you having to do anything at all. Then you just loam once and cycle and you swing ftw. It will not be nearly as insane in aggro loam, where you have to actually work for the counters. Here they come on free of charge because you are playing so many frickin lands.

I agree it won't be nearly as insane as in aggro loam in terms of size, only in terms of effectiveness. Aggro Loam can clear in the way for Crusher with DDreams (which, btw, is a combo) and Firestorm. This deck can't. Crusher will be blocked all day...really, how is it superior to Terravore, which ends the game in 4-5 turns instead of 1-2, or 10 if playing against aggro? In Aggro Loam Crusher will be better than it is here simply because it is a more powerful card in an aggro deck than in a control deck. Think about it. In an aggro deck, you never want to draw a land again past turn 3. That's the same here, probably. In an aggro deck, you don't care if some of your creatures die, whatever, you run more. That's not the same. I get the Volrath's Stronghold lets you recur Crusher but you only run 2 Strongholds (or 1) and so it can take time to dredge into them. However, that's just me. This deck does look extremely solid otherwise and I hope to play against it Friday. Time will tell which deck Crusher is more powerful in.

Aggro_zombies
01-14-2008, 01:30 AM
I agree it won't be nearly as insane as in aggro loam in terms of size, only in terms of effectiveness. Aggro Loam can clear in the way for Crusher with DDreams (which, btw, is a combo) and Firestorm. This deck can't. Crusher will be blocked all day...really, how is it superior to Terravore, which ends the game in 4-5 turns instead of 1-2, or 10 if playing against aggro?
See Sam, I told you. This deck needs more Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and 1 Filth. Or if you want to be a pansy, just add 1 Brawn.

Tacosnape
01-14-2008, 01:32 AM
How can you not run Terravore in this exactly?

Mental
01-14-2008, 01:32 AM
See Sam, I told you. This deck needs more Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and 1 Filth. Or if you want to be a pansy, just add 1 Brawn.

1 Brawn sounds about right.

Kronicler
01-14-2008, 01:38 AM
How can you not run Terravore in this exactly?

Crusher wins the game in 1 turn. How is terravore better? Also I'm fine with crusher being chumped for a few turns. If they manage to remove it from the game and you haven't dredged into another (which would be highly unlikely) then just go back to being 43lands. It's not like we need to combo out on people, but being lands AND having a 20/20 or something insane just seems inherently unfair.

Kronicler

EDIT: Brawn isn't a horrible idea

Mental
01-14-2008, 01:40 AM
Crusher wins the game in 1 turn. How is terravore better? Also I'm fine with crusher being chumped for a few turns. If they manage to remove it from the game and you haven't dredged into another (which would be highly unlikely) then just go back to being 43lands. It's not like we need to combo out on people, but being lands AND having a 20/20 or something insane just seems inherently unfair.

Kronicler

EDIT: Brawn isn't a horrible idea

Run Devastating Dreams in the SB.

Kronicler
01-14-2008, 01:51 AM
lulz, it is in my SB as a wish target I just forgot to type it.... FTL sir.

Cavius The Great
01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Pernicious Deed in the SB? I see 3 slots open...

xsockmonkeyx
01-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I still say that this deck should be called the Crushinator

http://www.portalbtt.com/portal/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/223_crushinator.JPG

Also, 1 Filth or Brawn isnt a bad idea.

Mental
01-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Another thing, about the SB:
Chalice of the Void will ALWAYS be better against Combo then Duress will be. Basically this is because it hoses so many cards played by both Belcher and TES (more by TES). Comboing off through ground based hate is MUCH harder than comboing off through any other form of hate, let me tell you.
My SB is -4 Duress, +4 Chalice.
Thoughts?

xycsoscyx
01-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Why run Stronghold over Genesis? Genesis gives you the card right away (and you can still dredge that turn and not worry about dredging your freshly returned Crusher) and is better in multiples (though it wouldn't be needed). Stronghold does nothing else for the deck and is slower than Genesis.

EDIT: Also, if you're running Urborg, I think Filth would be better than Brawn (just to make SURE they can't block). Filth also works better for your manlands since they can just walk on by to the other side, as well. :D

Illissius
01-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Genesis doesn't produce mana.

Maveric78f
01-16-2008, 03:14 AM
Genesis needs to be discarded which wan be tricky in some builds.
Genesis is painful with dark confidant too.
Genesis cannot be discarded to mox diamond.
Genesis does not ensure not to be decked.

As a general remark, Genesis has for only purpose the recurrence when volrath's stronghold can do a lot of things at a time.

Oberon
01-16-2008, 05:04 AM
And in the same way, Skarrg >> Brawl in there.

Edit : Also maybe one DDreams MD would be nice with gamble.