PDA

View Full Version : Casual Warp World

Maveric78f
01-14-2008, 03:16 AM
I know it's a pleonasm.

Warp world is the best conceptual card up to now in magic according to me. I'd like to build a half competitive (well the best as possible) legacy deck with this card. When it was T2 legal, I used to play it with some success on MWS not with a lot of token cards, as most people would do, but with the controle-permanent enchantments.

The list:

Non permanents: 5
3*warp world
2*enduring ideal

Non mana permanents: 28
4*annex
4*control magic
4*Dream Leash
4*Faith fetters
4*Oblivion ring
4*Copy enchantment
4*Chalice of the Void

Mana permanents: 27
3*Chrome Mox
4*UW Signet
3*UR Signet
4*Ancient Tomb
4*Flooded Strand
1*Plain
2*Island
3*Tundra
2*Volcanic Island

SB: 15
4*Blood Moon
4*Trinisphere
3*Ghostly prison
4*Propaganda

The list as showed above is awful because we have no way to deal with nimble mongoose or to win MD against gobs or even combo. Actually, most decks are either to fast or controlish for this deck to do something. Moreover, the RRR cost of WarpWorld is impossible to gather. Gilded Lotus may help, but I can't rely on a 5CC mana producer.

Do you have any idea so that the deck sucks a bit less?

Tosh
01-14-2008, 04:04 AM
I am confused as to what your win condition is. I see no creatures, burn, or milling. You should not rely on them having to play creatures for you to win.

Maveric78f
01-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Don't you think that warp world will put into play some creatures ?

BtW, you're right, the new Slithermuse would be nice in the drawer/permanent/kill slot.

Cavius The Great
01-14-2008, 09:49 AM
How does Warp World net you creatures? Permanents put into play only work for that specific player's library.

Jaynel
01-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Those creatures then eat Control Magics, etc.

rufus
01-14-2008, 11:57 AM
You could try to combo out by using Warp World as some sort of bizarro Doomsday + High Tide that recycles mana producing cards and recasts itself.

Sanguine Voyeur
01-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Ignoring the fact that this is a competitive Legacy forum, here's what I think about Warp World decks.
Eternal Witness is the best way to recur Warp World. Green should be played for Wood Elf effects and land enchantments for acceleration.
Forbidden Orchard is a useful way to fix mana and up permanent count.
You need protection. Mesmeric Fiend and Parallax Nexus won't cut it. Jester's Scepter could do and doubles as a win condition.
You need win condition. Hunted Dragon can win if you get four and up your permanent count mid combo. Jester's Scepter doubles as protection, but requires a large number of iterations to kill and doesn't kill immediately. Hellkite requires only four iterations but does nothing else.
You need acceleration. Green is the best for this with Wood Elves, Yavimaya Dryad, and the land enchantments. Wall of Roots and Blossoms also help accelerate and dig respectivly.

Shawn
01-14-2008, 12:18 PM
I have a Warp World deck in MWS, but I haven't tested it at all. (just gold-fishing)

Here's a rough list off the top of my head:
4 Eternal Witness
4 Sakura Tribe Elder
4 Burning Wish
4 Sensei's Divining Top
3 Warp Word (1 sb)
3 Mana Flare
3 Heartbeat of Spring
1 Kumano
4 Bogarden Hellkite
+ Some mixture of Gamble +Hunted Troll +Hunted Dragon and 4 Forbidden Orchard

It's based off of Forsythe's type 2 deck he was gunslinging with at Worlds a few years ago. Burning Wish, Gamble, and Top help find Warp World fast, and the acceleration means a somewhat fast Warp World. Forbidden Orchard and the Hunted creatures are awesome with Warp World, since it counts how many permanents you own. I'm sure it's awful against any normal legacy deck, but would be interesting to play in a casual setting.