4 [UL] Mother of Runes

// Spells
3 [LRW] Thorn of Amethyst
4 [U] Swords to Plowshares
2 [MR] Mask of Memory
3 [MR] Chrome Mox
2 [DS] Sword of Fire and Ice
3 [NE] Parallax Wave

just a real basic list, i won a small Magicleague tourney with a version using isamarus and tanglewires, some other creatures over the mangara/wave combo.

it was like -cloakers ,grunts, wave ,mangara, karakas for isamaru, avenger, jitte, silver knight(aggro version is what i tested)

help plz XD

i am testing decree of annihilation, looks good against aggro =)

Metaknight
01-28-2008, 11:17 AM
the first thing i see is the 4 of glowrider, and the 3 of Thorn of Amethyst, granted you are essentially a white weenie deck with a twist, that seems bad with all the non creature spells you have. 4 glowrider i thik should be enough for the combo match up game one since just one slows them down considerably, so i would move the thorns to the board, and replace them with two more Karakas, and one more of something else, i would say Mask (only cuz i have a hard on for it) but the call is yours. Speaking of the board, where is it?

also, try here for anything you might be stuck on

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6775&highlight=death+taxes

gosumog
01-29-2008, 01:28 AM
ya its kinda janky but i wanted a deck that mainboarded vs combo and thresh :[

gosumog
01-31-2008, 04:36 AM
// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [TE] Ancient Tomb
2 [LG] Karakas
8 [4E] Plains (1)
4 [EX] City of Traitors

// Creatures
4 [TSP] Mangara of Corondor
2 [PLC] Stonecloaker
4 [LE] Glowrider
4 [FUT] Aven Mindcensor
4 [CHP] Serra Avenger
4 [ON] Exalted Angel

// Spells
2 [NE] Parallax Wave
2 [SC] Decree of Justice
4 [MR] Chrome Mox
3 [LG] Moat
4 [MR] Chalice of the Void
2 [DS] Trinisphere
3 [DS] Sword of Fire and Ice

a more refined list, cant decide on moats or just more waves.. wave makes 4x mangara work, also what about o-ring?

Jourdelune
01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
Glowrider + Thorn in D+T had screwed me a lot on StP. I wonder how it can screw P. Waves and SoFI.

Glow + Thorn without Vial against any deck that got 8 LD cards is a pure suicide.

Mangara without Karakas and vial for cloaker or mangara is imo bad.

The mangara lock need : Vial, Karakas and Cloaker.

Karakas should be a 4 of no matter what you do. Any LD deck or any deck with wasteland screw that combo.

Karakas only for Mangara is a loosing synergy. Isamaru in D+T bring the odd further for Karakas. Tividar with Karakas is a GG for Goblins. (how many times I had seen goblins players giving me a player lost message on MWS when they see tividar and karakas with vial at 3 in play?)

Jitte > SoFI for a lot of MU. (all MU since you use thorn + glow = SoFI for 5 mana or more => bad against any 8 LD hate in a lot of legacy deck)

With all those 2 or 3 of enchantment or artifact, E. Tutor should give you some edge.

Taking half a Angel Stompy/Stax, half of D+T and putting Moat in should give half the result that either deck do.

At least, you should write down the good matchup and the bad one. Give some reasons for both and try to optimize the bad without affecting the good.

With the Glowrider MD, I would put the thorn in SB for combo/control matchup. Replace the thorn with O. Ring for synergism with P. Waves.

Vial + Serra Avenger => tech
Vial + Mangara => Tech
Vial + S. Cloader => Tech
Vial + Aven Mindcensor => tech

Vial for 1, is so hot.

Vial will always been destroy before your Moat or P. Waves. Vial is the shield for your higher artifact/enchantment cost.

Vial is so great again LD.

Glow and Thorn rock more with Rishidan Port or Wasteland or both.

Just my 2 cent.

Jourdelune