PDA

View Full Version : [DECK] Sutured Reanimator

bawolf
02-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Hello, I'm brand new to the forums, and after having spent a few years away from magic i am trying to build a competitive reanimation deck for 1.5

the premise of this deck is to put two krosan cloudscrapers in the graveyard and play sutured ghoul as a 26/26 trample. i have designed this deck with lots of mana exceleration, such as dark ritual and song of the damned, and fast ways to get all three cards in the graveyard, buried alive, and finally cheap ways to get sutured to play, reanimate, shallow grave, and exhume. well, this is probably easier if i just give you the decklist first:

Put creatures in graveyard: 8
4 buried alive 2B
4 Mystical tutor U
4 carefull study U

Take creatures out: 12
4 Reanimate B
4 Shallow grave 1B
4 Exhume 1B

Big creatures: 5
2 Sutured ghoul
4 krosan cloudscraper

Mana sources: 14
4 Lotus petal 0
4 song of the damned B
4 dark ritual B
2 cabal ritual 1B

Land: 12
4 city of brass
4 gemstone mine
4 swamp

Random cards to possibly sideboard
hymn to tourach
duress
defense grid
crumble
Tendrils of Agony

Now this deck clearly has a few glaring problems, namely playing against anyone with Tormod's Crypt or Swords to plowshares will slow this dawn and possibly make it unable to recover. basically this daeck has plenty of possibilities for a turn 2-3 kill, and a few turn 1, but after that unless it can get enough land to play Sutured Ghoul, then fling it for 26, there is a decent chance that its will be unable to prevent opponent from simply blocking it if i use shallow grave, for 7 damage, and being at one life, now they are still free to kill me.

I also have one question about priority, and while i know this isn't the place, this is specific to this deck. if this is playing a solidarity deck, and decks me and i respond buy plating reanimate, then fling who wins?

Thanks in advance for the help i'll be glad to clarify any questions!

fetchesbasiclands
02-03-2008, 11:21 AM
This deck has no protection so a single StoP can mean a loss.And you don't lose to not having a deck,but when you can't draw a card.

kabal
02-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Angry Ghoul by Takahashi Yuuta (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=10501)

- Date: 26.08.2007
- Place: 8th
- Participants: 49

Mainboard:

3 Polluted Delta
4 Flooded Strand
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Underground Sea
4 City of Traitors
4 Ancient Tomb

4 Duress
4 Dark Ritual
4 Brainstorm
4 Mystical Tutor
1 Personal Tutor
4 Buried Alive
4 Shallow Grave
4 Intuition
3 Spell Snare

2 Sutured Ghoul
3 Krosan Cloudscraper

Sideboard:

4 Phyrexian Negator
4 Skittering Horror
4 Chalice of the Void
3 Engineered Explosives

Soto
02-03-2008, 11:49 AM
You should check out this deck, it did pretty good a while ago.
http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5663&highlight=polar+express

thefreakaccident
02-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Look up cephalid breakfast in the Established forum... it does what you are trying to accomplish, but better, with plenty of protection, and consistantly.

You could also look into UB reanimator which is more resiliant snd consistant than either of the two, but slightly slower.

GreenOne
02-04-2008, 03:45 PM
This was the list i ran some time ago.

// Lands
2 [OD] Island (2)
4 [RAV] Watery Grave
1 [MM] Swamp (4)
4 [U] Underground Sea
4 [ON] Polluted Delta
2 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
2 [ON] Flooded Strand

// Creatures
1 [JU] Sutured Ghoul
4 [MI] Phyrexian Dreadnought

// Spells
4 [7E] Duress
1 [US] Exhume
4 [SC] Stifle
4 [AL] Lim-Dul's Vault
4 [AL] Force of Will
4 [OD] Buried Alive
3 [MI] Shallow Grave
4 [IA] Brainstorm
1 [TE] Corpse Dance
2 [MI] Mystical Tutor
1 [DS] Echoing Truth
1 [R] Dark Ritual
3 [TE] Lotus Petal

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [DS] Echoing Truth
SB: 4 [TSP] Trickbind
SB: 3 [NE] Massacre
SB: 4 [RAV] Dark Confidant
SB: 2 [SOK] Pithing Needle

You have 4 Force and 4 Duress as general protection against removal. You have 4 stifle to counter Crypt's effect or Jotun Grunt's upkeep. You still have a tutor/lim dul's vault -> combo piece/protection/bounce. This list substitutes 3 dark rituals with lotus petal because it allows a Turn 1 Dreadnought.

The list is roughly the same, with 4 maindeck protection spells (stifle), but it gains 1 more "combo":
Ghoul combo: cast Buried alive for Ghoul, 'Nought, 'Nought. Cast Shallow Grave/reanimate/exhume on Ghoul removing the 2 'noughts. Swing for 24.
Dreadnought combo: Cast/reanimate/exhume a Dreadnought and stifle its ability trigger. You can also Cast/Reanimate a Dreadnought And shallow grave another one to pay for the first one's ability.

There already was a thread for this deck. Here you are:
http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6332&highlight=dreadnought+ghoul

I'd like so much to have someone who really has time/want to test this thing. The deck is so funny and really strong.

bawolf
02-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Thank you all for the responses, I'll continue researching those resources you've provided and see where it leads me