PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Pattern/Natural Order - Hulk

Serbitar
02-04-2008, 11:23 AM
This deck placed 4th (albeit only out of 24) in the Austrian Legacy Champs (http://austrianmagic.twoday.net/stories/4671682/). Seems like a really cool concept, redundant and quick.

Angela Fleischer - Pattern Combo

combo-creas
2 Protean Hulk
2 Carrion Feeder
1 Karmic Guide
1 Body Snatcher
1 Bile Urchin
1 Reveillark

enablers
4 Natural Order
4 Pattern of Rebirth

plan-b
3 Nantuko Husk
3 Phyrexian Ghoul
1 Academy Rector
1 Simic Sky Swallower
3 Pernicious Deed

acceleration
4 Birds of Paradise
3 Llanowar Elves
2 Elves of the Deep Shadow
3 Wall of Roots

land
2 Ancient Tomb
4 Bayou
4 Forest
2 Gaea's Cradle
1 Phyrexian Tower
2 Savannah
4 Windswept Heath
2 Wooded Foothills

Sideboard (looks rather random):
1 Extirpate
4 City of Solitude
4 Leyline of the Void
1 Pernicious Deed
4 Chalice of the Void
1 Snow-Covered Swamp

The plan seems to be to cast either natural order or pattern of rebirth with a sac-outlet on the table to fetch Hulk. Sac Hulk to get Guide and Bile Urchin, reanimate Hulk, sac Hulk for Reveillark -> endless Bile Urchin reanimation via Reveillark/Karmic Guide....
If this isn't possible, fetch either Sky Swallower or Acedemy Rector -> Deed.

I'd really like to see some Cabal Therapys in the deck, a Symbiotic Wurm (for the traditional Husk-Pattern kill), and maybe (since we're green) Goyf? Suggestions?

insertnamehere
02-04-2008, 06:56 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
This could turn out to be an interesting deck. The mana acceleration could be tweaked a little bit.

Cavius The Great
02-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Cabal Therapy?

insertnamehere
02-05-2008, 11:39 AM
My guess is for the flashback effect with pattern of Rebirth and or Protean Hulk. It is actually a great idea.

Serbitar
02-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, I thought Therapy because it goes well with all the little dorks you usually have...(and rebirth-hulk) and as the deck stands right now the combo or even control matchup seems no-existant.

Magic (from wotc)
02-05-2008, 03:20 PM
You can see more details of the decks match ups from its creator here:
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=987640

Shion
02-06-2008, 02:36 AM
I have a deck based on this concept as well. I think 4 Therapies is a must here, I Also run 4 Magus of the Vineyard and 4 Elvish Spirit Guides so I can go off turn 2 occasionally. It's a nice deck concept, but I'm unsure if its consistent or resilient enough to make an impact in legacy.

Maveric78f
02-06-2008, 04:28 AM
That deck begs for cabal therapy, survival of the fittest and more academy rectors. Then it could be really good I think.

combo-creas 9
2 Protean Hulk
2 Carrion Feeder
1 Karmic Guide
1 Body Snatcher
1 Bile Urchin
1 Reveillark

enablers 9
4 Natural Order
1 Pattern of Rebirth
4 Academy Rector

Tools : 10
4 Survival
1 Genesis
1 Squee
1 Shriekmaw
1 Harmonic Sliver
1 Simic Sky Swallower
1 Witness

Control 7
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Pernicious Deed

acceleration 8
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Wall of Roots

land 20
4 Bayou
4 Forest
1 Phyrexian Tower
4 Savannah
4 Windswept Heath
2 Wooded Foothills
1 Scrubland

Sideboard 15
4 City of Solitude
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Gaddock Teeg
3 Harmonic Sliver

Actually I'm not sure you still want deed in that version and you would maybe prefer tarmo or other witnesses or shriekmaws.

greenmage
02-06-2008, 05:42 AM
Well, I thought Therapy because it goes well with all the little dorks you usually have...(and rebirth-hulk) and as the deck stands right now the combo or even control matchup seems no-existant.
I'm the deck creator and you are wrong about the combo matchups.
I have piloted this deck against IGGy pop, TES, solidarity, enchantress, cephalid breakfast, aluren, survival something and ichorid.
Out of these I have a positive matchup against aluren, a very good matchup against solidarity (as I am equal in speed and have the chalices as back up), a very good matchup against enchantress, a bad matchup against cephalid breakfast, a very good matchup against survival based combos and decent matchups against IGGy pop and TES, as I have heavy SB hate with the backup of a good clock. Ichorid matchup is decent because you can remove the bridges easily and the leylines help.

As for control: U based control really isn't my friend. Threshold (especially W version or version without counterbalance), stifle-naught and landstill are bad matchups.

Matchup against pikula is mediocore, pox matchup is fairly good and board control decks are generally good.

Cabal Therapy?
It's a long time ago I tested it but it wasn't all that great because of following:
I don't have duress or anything to help it, so it often generates CD.
It's not a repeatable sac' engine.
My deck loves creatures.
But you are most welcome to try. :smile:

@Maveric78f
I like that list and am tempted to give this a spin myself.

insertnamehere
02-06-2008, 07:21 AM
That deck begs for cabal therapy, survival of the fittest and more academy rectors. Then it could be really good I think.

There are not enough ditchable creatures to survival to run it. Maybe a few search options would suffice.

zander1
02-06-2008, 05:07 PM
This deck is amazing. I have played against it several times and I can say that it's fast enough to beat combo decks, can fight its way through goblins and can start with its combo in the next couple of turns when it is disrupted. But it doesn't play very well against decks with countermagic.

greenmage
02-07-2008, 04:44 AM
There are not enough ditchable creatures to survival to run it. Maybe a few search options would suffice.
I run living wish in a predecessor version. But then I ditched it for more combo pieces and deeds.

Symbiotic Wurm
Hulk is almost always better. attack with husk>hulk>6 one drops=16 dmg :wink:
That's usually enough. No reason to waste a slot.

But it doesn't play very well against decks with countermagic.
True. Someone proposed to me the idea of a transformative SB. Hidden gibbons and 'goyfs would be the creatures of choice. Any opinions on this?

insertnamehere
02-10-2008, 10:41 PM
What about fitting in the following cards somehow:
Mox Diamond (will give you mana of any color)
Quirion Ranger (you know what it does)
Body Double
The mana focus could be GBUw for Karmic Guide and Reveillark which you prob would not need running BOP and Diamonds

greenmage
02-11-2008, 06:22 AM
What about fitting in the following cards somehow:
Mox Diamond (will give you mana of any color)
Quirion Ranger (you know what it does)
Body Double
The mana focus could be GBUw for Karmic Guide and Reveillark which you prob would not need running BOP and Diamonds
Mox: I don't know if I want to eat my lands. Yes, my deck usually functions good with mere two lands in play. But it is prone to mulligans. If I take a five card hand I don't really want to see a mox diamond. Aside from the antisynergie with deed.
Ranger: functions pretty much like a llanowar elves or birds when I already have a birds or elves in play. Helps with blocking. I don't understand what's your point with him.
Body double: The kill package with body double is removal resistant, the karmic guide package also. Guide fetches creatures from the GY, double copies creatures. I don't see too much difference aside from the fact that guide gives you an additional 2/2 body for a turn and the different mana cost. And since I am already into W with reveillark and academy rector I don't really see a reason to include this over the guide (simic sky swallower is U, but I hardcast him really rarely). If anything, an extra karmic guide, but that is also not too likely to happen.
More universal mana fixing could be in order. I occasionally have problems to get W. A scrubland perhaps. Or a basic plains.

Edit:
OK, you hooked me with the Mox. If I run a playset of walls, 4tombs etc. I could make some really explosive starts. The ability to cast consistant patterns/natural order 2nd turn, wall of roots or ghouls 1st turn and the mere possibility of going off second turn is just too saucy.

insertnamehere
02-14-2008, 07:48 AM
What about running Saffi? She comes back with Reveillark, and can give the added recursion needed against various removal effects like Wrath of God, Damnation etc...

I am seriously considering putting this deck together and trying it out this weekend. I will post my results after I test it.

greenmage
02-14-2008, 11:25 AM
What about running Saffi? She comes back with Reveillark, and can give the added recursion needed against various removal effects like Wrath of God, Damnation etc...

I am seriously considering putting this deck together and trying it out this weekend. I will post my results after I test it.
I run saffi in a version with kiki-jiki/karmic guide combo as defense against removal. As topdeck she's OK, but not really great. She is somewhat useful against wrath/damnation.

I yesterday went to the local tournament, a single 'goyf main and hidden gibbons in the side.

Goyf was good enough, I drew it against G/B/w doran.

Hidden gibbons were great.

In five rounds I got paired against five control (or aggro/control) decks, four of them U/x. :cry:

Gibbons were part of the reason I still went 3:2, despite the really unfavorable pairings. I wonder if extra goyfs are the ticket to a favorable U-control matchups. Goyfs+gibbons would turn the deck into an aggro deck, and aggro is usually good against control...

About the moxes: I goldfished with them, and I rarely ever have more than two lands second turn>no real tempo boost. To turn them useful I'd need to cut down mana critters for lands, and then I'd have less targets for natural order/pattern.

idraleo
02-17-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm trying something different aLways to abuse of Protean\ReveiLLark combo. Instead of running Pattern\Order i'm trying Show and TeLL and a more bLue oriented buiLd to have access to Force of WiLL:

// Lands
4 [ON] Polluted Delta
3 [A] Underground Sea
4 [A] Tropical Island
3 [US] Phyrexian Tower
1 [CS] Snow-Covered Island
1 [CS] Snow-Covered Swamp
1 [CS] Snow-Covered Forest

// Creatures
3 [DIS] Protean Hulk
4 [RAV] Birds of Paradise
1 [UD] Body Snatcher
1 [MOR] Reveillark
1 [UL] Karmic Guide
2 [SC] Carrion Feeder
1 [BOK] Bile Urchin

// Spells
4 [US] Show and Tell
4 [AL] Force of Will
2 [MI] Mystical Tutor
4 [MM] Brainstorm
4 [VI] Impulse
4 [JU] Cabal Therapy
2 [TE] Intuition
4 [LRW] Thoughtseize
2 [JU] Living Wish

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [US] Phyrexian Tower
SB: 1 [DIS] Protean Hulk
SB: 1 [TSP] Wipe Away
SB: 2 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 1 [LRW] Shriekmaw
SB: 4 [GP] Leyline of the Void
SB: 3 [AP] Pernicious Deed
SB: 1 [10E] Viridian Shaman
SB: 1 [FD] Eternal Witness

as you can see, 8 discard speLLs combined to Force give the possiiLity to avoid opponents topdecks.
By the way, there is the possibiLity to get a cLosure with Body DoubLe instead of running Karmik Guide, it is funny and avoid Pithing NeedLe...

insertnamehere
02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
May I be the first to say, Welcome to the source. Could you explain how your deck will play our? I kinda see it, but am not sure.

greenmage
02-18-2008, 04:27 AM
as you can see, 8 discard speLLs combined to Force give the possiiLity to avoid opponents topdecks.
By the way, there is the possibiLity to get a cLosure with Body DoubLe instead of running Karmik Guide, it is funny and avoid Pithing NeedLe...
Karmic guide is triggered. Body double is triggered. I don't see how body double avoids needle more than guide. Run the double, btw. It works as well as guide, and you can hardcast it.
Besides, needle on carrion feeder still means you can't go off.

Some critique on your list:
You have no backup plan, so I guess you want to go off as fast as possible. But show and tell costs 3cmc, which means your fastest goldfish is turn 3. This gives the opponent enough time to land some hate.

>

I think you'll have a bit of a hard time against faster combo (especially dredge), threshhold and landstill. deadguy ale and discard heavy decks also don't look very favorable.

>

Include a single summoner's pact. Now! It makes that your mystical tutors find hulk as well.

I know this sounds crazy, but wouldn't it be possible to include the combo in some sort of faeries deck?

idraleo
02-18-2008, 06:04 AM
@ insertnamehere: you' re compLeteLy right on NeedLe. I did a LittLe mistake.

@ greenmage: i took the idea of pLaying again an HuLk.deck in Legacy and made this deckList as weLL. I found a big deaL on Show&TeLL, and try to focus on a deckList with a consistent 4th turn goLdfish. It can end a game on turn 3 casting a CabaL Therapy on turn 2, or casting a Bird on turn 1 or 2 and having a Phyrexian Tower in pLay.
I' ve been pLaying Summoner's pact for a whiLe, then i've cutted it to run Living Wish instead: pLaying pact in a metagame and basicaLLy against ******** and LandstiLL isn't so good cause the deck isn't faster as it was when FLash was LegaL. It means that run 8 Force and Summoner's Pact tooks you to Loss more games than you couLd win because at 90% you wiLL be unabLe to pay theyr "echo" cost on your next upkeep. Against PikuLa and generaLLy deadguy, i think i'd rather run a more consistent number of MysticaL and WordLy tutor's cause they simpLe avoid discard speLLs as you topdeck they.

Playing for a whiLe your deckList i've noticed that it depends a Lot from your starting hand: you are forced to get each discard on the face, unabLe to pLay a brainstorm in response as my deckList shouLd. As you know, Brainstorm combined to a Large number of tutors means that you are abLe to pLay after 1 or 2 discard effect. Against PikuLa i found a big probLem when they open hands that distrupt my manabase. A fast Tourach combined with a SinkhoLe or a coupLe of wasteLands reaLLy punch me, forcing to use my tutors to restore my manabase and Leaving me unabLe to pLay aorund discard effect. Is a probLem that your deckList doen't have cause aLL pieces of the combo is green and you run a tons of mana acceLeration; you can aLso run a more consistent number of basic Lands, meaning that WasteLands are Less effective against you. As you know, probabLy run a deck Like this in a *****\Deadguy metagame isn't the right choose; i think that it couLd be a deck to run on a singLe tournament to get a surprise effect and stoLe some victory, but it got to be a metagame choise.
TaLking on my manabase, probabLy i couLd cut an Underground Sea and a TropicaL IsLand to run at Least one more Forest and an IsLand too.

Maveric78f
02-18-2008, 09:46 AM
What's your problem with your L?

idraleo
02-18-2008, 12:47 PM
i'd rather use "L" than "l" cause i think is more cLear to read ^^

greenmage
02-18-2008, 03:49 PM
@ greenmage: i took the idea of pLaying again an HuLk.deck in Legacy and made this deckList as weLL. I found a big deaL on Show&TeLL, and try to focus on a deckList with a consistent 4th turn goLdfish. It can end a game on turn 3 casting a CabaL Therapy on turn 2, or casting a Bird on turn 1 or 2 and having a Phyrexian Tower in pLay.
I' ve been pLaying Summoner's pact for a whiLe, then i've cutted it to run Living Wish instead: pLaying pact in a metagame and basicaLLy against ******** and LandstiLL isn't so good cause the deck isn't faster as it was when FLash was LegaL. It means that run 8 Force and Summoner's Pact tooks you to Loss more games than you couLd win because at 90% you wiLL be unabLe to pay theyr "echo" cost on your next upkeep. Against PikuLa and generaLLy deadguy, i think i'd rather run a more consistent number of MysticaL and WordLy tutor's cause they simpLe avoid discard speLLs as you topdeck they.
I see. Just thought it would boost your speed if you could use mystical tutor for hulk.
I also think your deck could be much better if you found a replacement for show and tell, something to cheat into play and sac'. Three card combos are always problematic.
Btw., why aren't you running eureka? One more mana, but that's probably worth the higher redundancy.

Playing for a whiLe your deckList i've noticed that it depends a Lot from your starting hand: you are forced to get each discard on the face, unabLe to pLay a brainstorm in response as my deckList shouLd.
Yeah, but with that many options to topdeck a win a destroyed hand is most often not an issue. Last wednesday I played against B/W/G doran with lots of hymns, thoughtseizes and duresses. He destroyed my hand every game, and I still combokilled twice. And that is not just a random occurent, it happens all the time. Reason:
> 11 theoretical combo pieces A (natural order and co.)
> 9 theoretical combo pieces B (sac' engines)

idraleo
02-18-2008, 07:39 PM
yes redundance in your deckList is the best way to beat PikuLa, and it is weLL supported by a huge number of basic lands and mana fixers.

Today i have tested some games against TES, and previous day against other combo Like Cret BeLcher and High Tide: The mu is reaLLy on my deckList favour, basicaLLy cause i couLd pLay it as a UB controL and end up comboing myseLf without any response from my opponent's. CabaL Therapy is reaLLy strong against BeLcher and TES, it simpLy destroys opponent's hand Leaving u free to cantrip and find combo pieces or Forces for at Least 2 turns.

greenmage
02-19-2008, 04:48 AM
Today i have tested some games against TES, and previous day against other combo Like Cret BeLcher and High Tide: The mu is reaLLy on my deckList favour, basicaLLy cause i couLd pLay it as a UB controL and end up comboing myseLf without any response from my opponent's. CabaL Therapy is reaLLy strong against BeLcher and TES, it simpLy destroys opponent's hand Leaving u free to cantrip and find combo pieces or Forces for at Least 2 turns.
Certainly.
Bad thing these decks aren't played much recently.
Maybe a defense grid could help you against thresh/landstill.

idraleo
02-19-2008, 05:03 AM
i've noticed that the reaL probLem against ***** based is Counter-top: if you pLay around daze, it means that you have to face onLy Force and\or StifLe. With countertop on board is ugLy cuse they vanish my discard speLLs, and in combo moment it is hard for me to pLay more than one Force. One big probLem is in finding ***** version that pLays Pithing by maindeck. combined with counters, is Like starting a 0-1 match.

insertnamehere
02-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Certainly.
Bad thing these decks aren't played much recently.
Maybe a defense grid could help you against thresh/landstill.

Leyline of Lifeforce could do the job.

greenmage
02-19-2008, 09:24 AM
i've noticed that the reaL probLem against ***** based is Counter-top: if you pLay around daze, it means that you have to face onLy Force and\or StifLe. With countertop on board is ugLy cuse they vanish my discard speLLs, and in combo moment it is hard for me to pLay more than one Force. One big probLem is in finding ***** version that pLays Pithing by maindeck. combined with counters, is Like starting a 0-1 match.
I see.
City of solitude?
It is 3cmc, so harder to counter with countertop. It hoses activated abilities, that means top activations. And they won't be able to stifle your deed if you use it in your turn, neither save their own top.

Leyline of Lifeforce could do the job.
You mean with additional academy rectors?
They can still use stp or bolts in response to my enchantment fetching, killing the creature I want to target with my pattern. But I also had problems when they simply countered wall of roots.
Another possibility I considered was aether vial, but I was hesitant to use it because it would slow me down if I cast it first turn.
I think I might try a aether vial/lifeforce sideboard with more main rectors this wednesday.

Edit: vial would work well with magus of the vineyard...

idraleo
02-20-2008, 05:57 AM
i found a big deaL on pLaying red for Through The Breach: at a first sight it seems overcosted, but it has aLL what we need: a singLe card that do exactLy what FLash did. I'm working on a deckList, but that card turns the deck idea back to the time of FLash and re-enabLe the idea of PLaying ESG, SSG and 4 Summoner's Pact foLLowed by 4 Pact of Negation on MD, i wiLL post something soon.

nodahero
02-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Something you may benefit from thinking about is the EXT version of this deck known as Bubble Hulk. The deck uses Throught the Breach and Footsteps of the Goryo to gaurntee the ability for stuff to hit the yard. Also you may want to switch the kill from Bile Urchin to Mogg Fanatic as it is capable of killing random platnium angels. Another possibility of a kill is the 1/1 merfolk from morningtide that puts cards into the grave. The only problem is again that it cant stop platnium which is why I think fanatic is a better choice. Also what is your game plan if u get stuck with your Reveilark or Body Doubles in your hand? Would it be significantly beneficial to run 2 of each of those? It is not very simplistic to get them from your hand into play. Also is it true if you have a revilark in your grave with a Feeder inplay as well as a Body Double copying Reveilark that the Bodydouble can reanimate itself?

bigbear102
02-20-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty sure that's why a lot of Flash builds ran Body Snatcher. That way they could get the drawn combo pieces out of their hands. It is 1 less spot than playing 2 of each as you suggested.

greenmage
02-20-2008, 04:26 PM
i found a big deaL on pLaying red for Through The Breach: at a first sight it seems overcosted, but it has aLL what we need: a singLe card that do exactLy what FLash did. I'm working on a deckList, but that card turns the deck idea back to the time of FLash and re-enabLe the idea of PLaying ESG, SSG and 4 Summoner's Pact foLLowed by 4 Pact of Negation on MD, i wiLL post something soon.
This is not flash/hulk. It is a slow combo-midrange hybrid and plays like midrange until I get the combo. You may of course post such a list, but it would be a completely different deck and should probably get its own thread. :smile:

Something you may benefit from thinking about is the EXT version of this deck known as Bubble Hulk. The deck uses Throught the Breach and Footsteps of the Goryo to gaurntee the ability for stuff to hit the yard. Also you may want to switch the kill from Bile Urchin to Mogg Fanatic as it is capable of killing random platnium angels. Another possibility of a kill is the 1/1 merfolk from morningtide that puts cards into the grave. The only problem is again that it cant stop platnium which is why I think fanatic is a better choice. Also what is your game plan if u get stuck with your Reveilark or Body Doubles in your hand? Would it be significantly beneficial to run 2 of each of those? It is not very simplistic to get them from your hand into play. Also is it true if you have a revilark in your grave with a Feeder inplay as well as a Body Double copying Reveilark that the Bodydouble can reanimate itself?
Through the breach:
If I wanted additional combo pieces, I could simply run more academy rectors. But, they'd ruin my curve and I don't actionally need more. Also, through the breach requires me to run 4 protean hulk. Again, not especially beneficiant for the curve.

Footsteps:
You need a discard engine, hulk, and footsteps to go off. That's a three card combo. Yes, a pattern also needs a creature in play but that is less conditional.

Fanatic:
*Thinks*
Platinum angel isn't played in my meta and therefore a nonissue for me. Urchin is black and easier castable. I guess that's one of the tweaks that depends on ones meta.

Merfolk witsniper:
A possibility. But academy rector and reveillark are the reasons I run W instead of U. And they are pretty heavy reasons.

Combo pieces in hand:
That's why I run body snatcher. It's the tech. :smile:

Body double copying itself:
Yes. I could run it instead of karmic guide.

insertnamehere
03-01-2008, 07:36 PM
I think GWB is the best option so far. Here are a few options for the deck:

Acceleration:
Birds
Llanowar/Fyndhorn
Priest of Titania
Rofellos

Search
Natural Order
Survival of the fittest (I am still questioning it's usefullness)
Cream of the Crop (I am starting to like this card because of the ability to cycle through your deck and get the best option available)
Worldly Tutor/Summoner's Pact
Buried Alive(If focusing on recurssion)
pattern of Rebirth
Tooth and Nail (Sideboard at best will allow you to search or play the cards from your hand)

Creatures
Protean Hulk
Bile Urchin
Nantuko Husk
Carrion Feeder
Reveillark
Saffi
Karmic Guide
Viridian Zealot(Takes care of Platinum Angel which is non-existant in Legacy)
Eternal Witness

ninjabear
03-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Karmic guide is triggered. Body double is triggered. I don't see how body double avoids needle more than guide.
Body Double is not triggered, it's an static replacement effect. So the difference is that it can't be stifled. Anyway, that is not important, as Protean Hulk can be Stifled and stop you dead from the very beginning :(
Nice concept for a deck, btw. The only thing I don't like is being really vulnerable to Discard, Counterspells and Graveyard hate (like, well, most combo decks :P).

Edit: Maybe you can try in the sideboard the Slivers version. It's inmune to Crypt (though still vulnerable to leyline), it's inmune to Needle (no Carrion Eater needed), but is vulnerable to Engineered Explosives, Pernicious Deed and the like, and it still needs you to connect with 3 out of 5 slivers. It's 5 cards, though :S

greenmage
03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
I think GWB is the best option so far. Here are a few options for the deck:

Acceleration:
Birds
Llanowar/Fyndhorn
Priest of Titania-Depends how red heavy the meta is, I prefer wall of roots.
Rofellos-Same

Search
Natural Order
Survival of the fittest (I am still questioning it's usefullness)
Cream of the Crop (I am starting to like this card because of the ability to cycle through your deck and get the best option available)-hmm, maybe if I really need that deed. But it isn't necessary to find combo pieces.
Worldly Tutor/Summoner's Pact-pact only gets hulk, so it's out. Tutor is good if you have lots of toolbox creatures. I run living wish in a predecessor version, but cut it because it is mana hungry, and the deck's already mana hungry.
Buried Alive(If focusing on recurssion)-with kiki/sky hussar/karmic guide+reanimate?
pattern of Rebirth
Tooth and Nail (Sideboard at best will allow you to search or play the cards from your hand)-too expensive...

Creatures
Protean Hulk
Bile Urchin
Nantuko Husk
Carrion Feeder
Reveillark
Saffi
Karmic Guide
Viridian Zealot(Takes care of Platinum Angel which is non-existant in Legacy)
Eternal Witness-unfortunately also mana hungry

Body Double is not triggered, it's an static replacement effect. So the difference is that it can't be stifled. Anyway, that is not important, as Protean Hulk can be Stifled and stop you dead from the very beginning :(
Nice concept for a deck, btw. The only thing I don't like is being really vulnerable to Discard, Counterspells and Graveyard hate (like, well, most combo decks :P).
Thanks for the correction.
The deck's not as vulnerable to discard than you might think. Discard mostly slows me down.

Edit: Maybe you can try in the sideboard the Slivers version. It's inmune to Crypt (though still vulnerable to leyline), it's inmune to Needle (no Carrion Eater needed), but is vulnerable to Engineered Explosives, Pernicious Deed and the like, and it still needs you to connect with 3 out of 5 slivers. It's 5 cards, though :S
Needle:
You still need a repeatable sac' engine to get the hulk dead.
But I might try slivers one day.

Anyway, today I replaced mana elves with skyshroud elite, added a land and run doran in SB. It seemed to work well. I still lost against UGR thresh, but it was very close and I saw positive effects in having lots of beatdown critters. The other matchups didn't suffer from it as well. I wonder if even more beatdown, tarmogoyf etc., would do the trick.