PDA

View Full Version : uwb confinement

alebronwebb
02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
A little foreword, I love Confinement decks. Probably my favorite card of all time. That being said I've gotten bored switching my Aggro-loam to Confinement Loam when I felt like playing it, so I threw this jank pile together. It certainly isn't optimized and I would appreciate a little hlp with it.

lands 23
4 Ancient Tomb
3 Volrath's Stronghold
3 Polluted Delta
3 Flooded Strand
4 Underground Sea
3 Tundra
2 Swamp
1 Plain

creatures 10
4 Shadowmage Infiltrator
2 Mulldrifter
2 Shriekmaw
2 Tombstalker

other 27
3 Solitary Confinement
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
3 Intuition
4 Force of Will
3 Daze
4 Swords to Plowshares
2 Vindicate

The point of the deck is to use Intuition/Confinement to get Mulldrifter, Shriekmaw or Tombstalker into my graveyard and, well, use Stronghold to return them and use them. Confinement is probably used better as a stalling method here and to feed my graveyard for Tombstalker.

Maveric78f
02-06-2008, 02:05 AM
The only way to keep your confinement in play is the association stronghold/mulldrifter which requires 6 lands, can be needle, wasted, meddling maged, disenchanted, sworded, leylined, tormoded. It looks awful really.

from Cairo
02-06-2008, 04:11 AM
Green would probably be better than Black here... you get Genesis, and Life from the Loam. Which are both good with Intuition and both help you maintain card advantage under a Confinement. Vindicate and Shriekmaw are replaceable... Engineered Explosives + Academy Ruins accomplishes nearly the same thing.

The deck seems slow, not in a bad way, but in a way where I'm not sure you really take advantage of Daze's tempo, I think Spell Snare might be better there or hard Counterspells. A couple Wrath of God would probably be good to supplement the Confinements.

diffy
02-06-2008, 04:36 AM
You might want to have a look at this (http://www.starcitygames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=284774) deck played by Nassif at GP:Lille. He talks about it in this (http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/11054.html) article if you're interested.
It's basically your concept (heavy control deck) but with a stronger engine (Life from the Loam) and a more reliable way to support Confinement.
It should probably be revisited because the meta has changed and such, but back in the time I really enjoyed that deck.

A more updated version of that deck would be this (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=6411) deck by Armin Birner which he piloted into the top8 of the 2006 Legacy Champs in Austria.

alebronwebb
02-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Well thanks for the replies and abruptness (I need it sometimes).
The main reason I even considered black was Tombstalker, but green looks just as strong and more consistent. I'll work on the UWg version and post as soon as I can.

And Der Imaginare Freund, thanks for the links. The deck looks promising but needs to be update for sure.

EDIT: And as for the UGw list, this is what I've come up with so far.

Lands 24
3 Windswept Heath
3 Flooded Strand
4 Tropical Island
3 Tundra
2 Savannah
3 Secluded Steppe
2 Tranquil Thicket
2 Wasteland
1 Islands
1 Forest

Creatures 6
4 Tarmogoyf
1 Squee, Goblin Nabob
1 Genesis

Other 30
3 Solitary Confinement
3 Exploration
3 Life from the Loam
4 Brainstorm
3 Ponder
3 Intuition
4 Force of Will
3 Counterspell
4 Swords to Plowshares

And as for SB (not finished).
3 Gaddock Teeg
3 Chalice of the Void
perhaps some number of Hoofprints of the Stag vs. control

Banelich
02-10-2008, 11:09 PM
I stumbled across a good addition to some builds of confinement (completely on accident) I was playing with some togs & had confinement sb, and my opponent was playing some random aggro crap deck with sarcomancy & Blood Clock.

4 cc for a blood clock is a little high compared to the rest of your base, perhaps its not right for this build, but an annoying permanent control, the abilty to have a draw phase in addition to confinement, provided you spend 3 mana a turn....proved to be pretty wild.