PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Flow Survival

Nihil Credo
03-04-2008, 08:21 AM
The idea behind this deck:

Extended Doran Rock --> Legacy BGW Survival

Extended Flow Rock --> ????

An interesting aspect is that Magus of the Moon has much better synergy with Destructive Flow than with Blood Moon: Flow mana-screws instead of colour-screwing, so the opponent can't rely on just a couple of basics to operate under the Magus' effect. Also, extra copies of Flow make for a damn nice Mox imprint.

Currently working on:

- I'm not sure the Mongeese are pulling their weight. They're the keystone to a decent Goblin matchup, but other than that I would be happy with a single copy. The remaining three slots would go to 2 Smother and a lifegainer - Darkheart Sliver, Spike Feeder, or Ravenous Baloth - which would be better almost every other time.
- The sideboard is little more than a draft.

// Lands
2 Swamp
3 Forest
1 Mountain
1 Taiga
2 Bayou
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Chrome Mox
4 Birds of Paradise

// Creatures
4 Nimble Mongoose OR 1 Nimble Mongoose, 2 Smother, 1 Spike Feeder
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Dark Confidant
1 Viridian Zealot
1 Squee, Goblin Nabob
1 Genesis
2 Shriekmaw
1 Tombstalker
2 Magus of the Moon

// Spells
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Thoughtseize
4 Survival of the Fittest
3 Destructive Flow

// Sideboard
SB: 4 Pithing Needle
SB: 4 Engineered Plague
SB: 4 Yixlid Jailer
SB: 3 Krosan Grip

raharu
03-04-2008, 11:42 PM
-1 Zealot, +1 Destructive Flow. The Zealot seems random (non to mention in the matches where it would help, you would want more Disenchnt effects), and Flow is, for most intents and purposes, your win-con. I think that some more MD removal is waranted, as 2 Shriekmaws don't look like they would cut it. Perhaps in the planned Smother slot? Outside that, the numbers look good/ perfect. The only thing left is to find other good cards that can be worked into the list... and I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Pulp_Fiction
03-05-2008, 02:16 AM
I know it greatly depends on your manabase but would Snuff Out be better than Smother? Also, I would cut all of the Nimble Mongeese and play 1x Anger, 1x Loaming Shaman (very interesting creature, can cause SERIOUS problems for Thresh) or Derranged Hermit, 2x Ravenous Baloth. There used to be a Survival player at my local tourney and he always played that kind of creature base to great effect. And also, I haven't played this deck before but is 4x Dark Confidant to many?