PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Kiki/Staff

Cire
03-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Heres a deck i made in my spare time but has done surprisingly well winning turn 3 consistently

4 Wooded Foothills
3 Blood Stained Mire
3 Mountain
3 R/w land
3 R/g land

4 Kiki Jiki
4 Streetwraith
4 Mogg fanatic
4 Goblin Firestarter

4 Seething song
4 Rite of flame
4 Lotus petal
4 Worldly tutor
4 Thorn bite staff
3 Steelshaper’s gift
3 Mox diamond
1 Edge of Autum

For those who don't see the combo it's playing a thorn bite staff and Mogg fanatic or goblin firestarter and then play Kiki Jiki, the staff becomes equipped to Kiki, copy the goblin, sac the copy,deal 1 damage, untap kiki repeat.

The deck suffers from the lack of disruption so discard and counters really screw it up. If this deck was to be improved it would need to increase the amount of anti-control elements in it. While i didn't start a sideboard yet, i think it'll include blood moon and the Magus of the moon it it, as well as krosan grip for the counterbalance's around. Against counter's i don't really know what ill do mabey put in an orim's chantin the sideboard as well.

It would also be really good if i can fit in an alternate win condition into the deck. Oh by the way, the free cyclers are there for a worldly tutor right away, into cycle, draw kiki, win.

Anyway any help to this deck would be appreciated.

Ophidian
03-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Why not streamline the deck into the Kiki-Jiki//Pestermite combo?

Cire
03-06-2008, 04:27 PM
oh, i didn't even see the pestermite combo, but if so i think'll ill take the white out and just add in pestermite instead, then instead of searching for pestermite or thornbite staff ill just get any one of them and win.

maybe

-3 R/w Land
-3 steelshaper's gift
-1 Street Wraith
+3 R/U land
+4 Pestermite

Problem is, i feel that adding in the staple blue cards like force of will and brainstorm would slow the deck down too much, while i feel there isn't enough control theres enough redundancy for me to be safe without draw.

Cire
03-07-2008, 12:03 PM
After some more testing this is the new list, i has 6 moon effects and has redundancy, and still pretty fast

4 Ancient tomb
4 Wooded Foothills
3 City of Traitors
3 Bloodstained Mire
3 Mountains
2 Volcanic Island
2 R/g dual
1 Forest

4 Kiki jiki
4 Mogg fanatic
3 Timber Wall
3 Pestermite
3 Goblin Firestarter
3 Magus of the moon

4 Seething song
4 Thornbite Staff
4 Brainstorm
3 Worldly Tutor
3 Blood moon

syssc9
03-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Wow - this reminds me of an old UR multiplayer deck of mine. It used the Jeek and Intruder Alarm and goblin Fanatic and ...

Pestermite looks HOT for such a deck!