// sideboard
3#Krosan Grip/naturalize
4#Pithing Needle
4#Tormod’s Crypt
1#Winter Orb
3#eyes of wisent/rootmaze/chalice of the void

Card choises

Maindeck
elvish champion: (global boost and forest walk is nice in a tarmo meta ;))
Imperious perfect: (speaks for itself)
eladamri: Shrout and forestwalk for all other elves is good ;))
llanowar/fyndhorn elves: mana is good ;)
Wren's run vanquisher: the biggest elf in the deck that destroy's al big creatures)
Skyshrout elite: a 2/3 for 1 mana should i say more?)
quirrion ranger: good agains LD, good with winter orb, good with perfect good early game with mana elves)
wirewood symbiote: protects elves
Thorn of amathyst: Amazing card, goed aggains combo, aggro control, control. with this card you can beat combo.)
winter orb: good card agains everything that has control writhen on it en good agains early deeds).
Umezawa's jitte: creature removal, creature boost and life gain in one card ;))
Garruk wildspeaker: survives mass removal, good with winter orb, create big creatures and make al my little elves scary)
gaea's cradle: many mana is good
Forest: Unwasteable and produces green mana to broken not to play)
Fetch: Deckthinning but in a meta with bloodmoons i would turn them into forests)

sideboard

Krosan grip/Naturelize: i don't know wich one is better in this deck because i play 15 lands and thorn so the mana cost of grip can be a problem i guess)
pithing needle (just a good card agains deed, explosives and random stuff)
tormod's crypt: graveyard hate
winter orb: for the control matchup
eye of wisent/root maze/chalice of the void: meta game calls i think i go for the chalice by now because with chalice on 0 you can race decks like Belcher and TES.

technogeek5000
03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I actually won a sea drake in a local tournament a little while back with elves, and im gonna tell you that your approach to the deck is off. Thorn of amethyst is a great card and i also used a playset in my version, but I can tell you that garruk/winter orb/jitte do not belong in the deck. Elves wants to always be the aggro role, so running creatures in these slots will improve your list. If i was to help you out here is what i would do:

-3 eladamri (dont play him any more, symbiote fills his slot almost as well and smoothes out the curve for this deck)
-3 Quirion ranger (you dont need them, play better creatures)
-3 skyshroud elite (while the card is a good mana investment, there are much more useful elves that you could be playing)
-3 winter orb
-3 jitte
-3 garruk
+4 elvish spirit guide
+4 priest of titania
+3 wren's run packmaster(absolutely gorgeous creature, his drawback is actually beneficial to this deck)
+1 wirewood symbiote (amazing, especially with messengers)
+4 Sylvan messenger (realy no reason not to run him)
+1 forest (you want one more permanent mana source and you realy cant afford to run something that doesnt give you green mana)
+2 whatever (wastelands, root maze, etc... its usually best to run a disruption piece alongside thorn)

These changes should improve your deck. Your deck realy didnt have enough mana in its original state and not running messengers, ESGs, and priests realy isnt the best idea

Good luck with the deck tho. You might want to wait around for shadowmoor and see if there is any good elves to put in the deck.

Thomas1991
03-12-2008, 05:38 PM
youre list is mutch more controlish with the priests, sylvan messenger , packmaster and stuff.

It are good cards but the cards you whant to throw out are also great cards.

Winter orb, jitte, garruk are verry good cards for the deck

eldamri is very good agains decks like ***** and has almost the same roll as wirewood symbiote im testing these and i think they're great i'm just thinking if i go for 2 or 3 eldamri, ik i go for 2 i put in a extra symbiote.

Winter orb owned everything called control and is verry good with cradle, qurion ranger, garruk enz.

Jitte is playable vs every kind of matchup and gives you a chance vs goblins.

Garruk is a final blow, good agains deeds en wogs and gives 3/3 creatures!.

I live In holland zo the meta may be a little diffrent then where your from.

another question: Do i want to play Fetch?

ninjabear
03-13-2008, 09:33 AM
youre list is mutch more controlish with the priests, sylvan messenger , packmaster and stuff.
That's funny, I find the opposite. He's adding draw, acceleration, and more creatures (maybe making his list closer to a Goblin's list), making his list more aggro. Your list includes more control ingredients, like Winter's Orb & Jitte. I don't know which side of the fence Garruk is.

Just my hint: trying to mimic Goblin's lists will result in utter failure, as you will simply be playing an inferior version of goblins. I believe that goblins is the best deck for trying to play the tactic of extend / overruning your oponent. If elves are ever to succeed, you need some other tactic. Maybe the board disruption that Jitte and Winter Orb offer is enough to make the difference.

Anyway, this deck has no answers to combo right? You don't have an incredibly fast clock, you don't pack counters, you don't pack discard, and your disruption (Winter orb, Jitte) seems to be poor against combo....

Thehunter820
03-13-2008, 01:01 PM
eh generic elf deck, i would personally take out the wirewood symbiote and the quirion ranger, but the 1 mana cost is a plus however the untapping thingisnt that important in most cases with gaea's cradle on the field

Thomas1991
03-13-2008, 01:09 PM
the combo matchup is'nt that bad.

You can easely outrace combo if you have en thorn (preboard) and if you have a chalice (sideboard).

zo if you play preboard vs combo they have to win turn 1 or 2.

This deck has beaten belcher and TES in my testing.

And i'm thinking to move the winter orb to sideboard or just cut it en add Root maze because root maze is better agains combo then winter orb because mox, petals, belcher, city/mine/paradise/citadel, taiga comes into play tapped but i have to test this.

Thomas1991
03-16-2008, 07:25 AM
This deck made it to the top 8 at a 32 man tournament.

this was my score

2-1 vs goblins
0-2 vs Rifter
2-1 vs Meathooks
2-0 Pikula
2-0 vs UGR *****

And In the top 8

0-2 vs elf staff combo

Maëlig
03-16-2008, 01:50 PM
I've toyed with this concept when dear ol' Eladamri was still an elf (sic), and I really like this idea of a fishy/mana-denial elf deck.
Here's what I would play :

14 forest
4 wasteland

4 llanowar elves
4 wirewood symbiote
4 priest of titania
4 wren's run vanquisher
3 viridian zealot (arguable, but I like his polyvalence)
4 elvish spirit guide
4 imperious perfect
3 elvish champion (weakest slot, replacing Eladamri)
4 sylvan messenger

4 root maze (complements the mana-denial strategy, great against fetchlands)
4 thorn of amethyst

Side
4 tormod's crypt
3 jitte
3 krosan grip
3 winter orb
2 choke

Winter orb is not good against all decks (hence its place in the side), but in combination with maze it's just sick.