PDA

View Full Version : [brainstorming]aluren/food chain/slivers

GiantGrowth
03-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Here is something I just put together in 5 minutes, I goldfished a few times and it seems like there may be to many lands.

manabase: (probably completely wrong)
4x tropical island
4x taiga
4x savannah
4x wooded foothills
4x windswept heath
we can deal with the fact that the manabase scoops to blood moon after the deck is stable

creatures:
3x gemhide sliver
3x heart sliver
1x dormant sliver
1x psionic sliver
4x sidewinder sliver
1x shadow sliver
1x harmonic sliver
1x root sliver
4x muscle sliver
3x cautery sliver

spells:
4x fecundity
4x aluren
4x survival of the fittest
2x food chain
4x living wish

wishboard:
1x gemhide sliver
1x heart sliver
1x dormant sliver
1x psionic sliver
1x shadow sliver
1x harmonic sliver
1x root sliver
1x cautery sliver

dormant+fecundity+psionic+heart+untapped creature
is pretty awesome, not that its ever going to happen.

what I think this deck could go for, is a bunch of different combinations of cards that have synergy, but you can't guarantee that you will have all together, but with enough combinations you will see at least one of the multi-card combos in the deck. not saying the decklist I posted has that at all, but thats what the deck could shoot for. then of course there is the unfortunate possibility that I just really have no idea what I'm talking about.

Cavius The Great
03-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Have you considered something like Fecundity to sac then draw a sliver in a almost infinite loop? I forget which sliver you can do this with.

raharu
03-21-2008, 05:09 PM
lol, wut?!!??!!

Now, constructive ideas.

Dormant sliver seems as though it would be too slow. ++Glimpes of Nature. I think that the deck needs a better draw engine than that, though. Perhaps Fecundity? It goes well with the Acidic kill. The problem I see is constructing a manabase that can support all of this retardedness. Perhaps something akin to an enchantress manabase? Who knows.

I don't think Crypt is a good idea for protection. Crystaline as a 4 of should be enough to protect whatever you need to protect, as it can't be countered (Aluren) and stops StP, which Crypt cannot. Actually, Acidic is a subpar choice. Use Cautery, as it is only one mana to use, so Aluren + Fecundity/ Glimpse + Cautery + Gemhide + Heart is an instant win, but... 5 cards is alot to compose a combo, so I would sugest building the deck as AgroSlivers with a combo finish, with Survival to tutor for the one-of combo pieces.

Meh, perhaps it's viable, but I don't have any more input for the moment.

Cavius The Great
03-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Have you considered something like Fecundity

lol, wut?!!??!!

Now, constructive ideas.

Dormant sliver seems as though it would be too slow. ++Glimpes of Nature. I think that the deck needs a better draw engine than that, though. Perhaps Fecundity?

I already suggested fecundity. lol wut is right. :wink:

GiantGrowth
03-21-2008, 06:43 PM
it can't be countered (Aluren)

correct me if I'm wrong, but things played by aluren are instant speed, but can be countered.

and I'm going to try to come up with some sort of horrible decklist that can be made better. I'll post as soon as I finish.

Tosh
03-21-2008, 07:04 PM
things played by aluren are instant speed, but can be countered.

You are still casting the creature spells. [Duelist Magazine #23, Page 22] So they can be countered. [D'Angelo 1997/11/07]

Sounds like the deck has some potential

GiantGrowth
03-21-2008, 07:13 PM
edited first post to have a decklist as a starting point.

Tosh
03-21-2008, 07:19 PM
fecundity+food chain
Just making sure that you know that you can't draw a card and get mana from this.

Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play, that creature's controller may draw a card.

Remove a creature you control from the game: Add X mana of any one color to your mana pool, where X is the removed creature's converted mana cost plus one. Spend this mana only to play creature spells.

GiantGrowth
03-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Just making sure that you know that you can't draw a card and get mana from this.

yea, lol, I had a brain fart, you let the damage from psionic kill it.

Peter_Rotten
03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
This thread is really bad.