PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] R/W Armagoblin

P-AiR
03-24-2008, 04:27 PM
I'll be participating in a small university legacy tournament. Unfortunately, I'll have to do so without aether vials since I couldn't purchase/trade for any last minute. I'm stuck on what the last 6-8 cards of my deck should be since the other 26-28 or so are core to the deck.

MainDeck
4x Goblin Lackey
4x Mogg Fanatic
4x Gempalm Incinerator
4x Goblin Ringleader
4x Goblin Warchief
4x Goblin Matron
2x Goblin Piledriver (couldn't get a full set of 4)
2x Siege-Gang Commander
4x Lightning Bolt
2x Armageddon
1x Kiki-jiki, Mirror Breaker

Land
2x Rishadan Port
4x Wasteland
2x Wooded Foothills
1x Bloodstained Mire
3x Plateau
2x Sacred Foundry
9x Mountain

Sideboard
2x Shatterstorm
1x Goblin Sharpshooter
4x Swords to Plowshares
3x Disenchant
2x Goblin King
3x Red Elemental Blast

Cards that I am considering
1) Goblin Goon
2) Goblin Grenade

Any advice on what I should put maindeck would be much appreciated.

Cavius The Great
03-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Have you considered Ghostly Prison?

KillemallCFH
03-24-2008, 05:03 PM
If you are running white, there is no reason not to have a full set of StPs maindeck. I would probably run them over Bolt. If you are unable to find Vials (which is a shame), I might consider Skirk Prospector. I know its a bad card, but its the next best mana-cheat I can think of for Goblins next to Lackey/Vial. It also makes MD Sharpshooter more appealing. Finally, if you are playing white, a single MD Mirror Entity might be worth considering.

P-AiR
03-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Ghostly Prison?

I think it may slow me down quite a bit.. The reason I splash white is to remove all the threats that's blocking my way to victory.. If they have important creatures that need to be taken down I can use Bolt/Gempalm/Swords.. Artifacts/Enchantments - Disenchants.. I'd use Armageddon when I have the upper hand on the battlefield to make sure that I'd keep it that way and that he wouldn't be able to cast to gain control of the board.

Illissius
03-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Without Vial, it's probably a good idea to add more mana sources and try to lower the curve a bit. Ancient Tomb, Moxen, and/or Banneret (yeah, that's black) could be worthwhile as well. Take a look at the Extended versions for ideas -- your best bet might be to start from one of those and add Lackeys and Wastelands.

insertnamehere
03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
This could definetly turn out to be an interesting deck. I def. think it will need vials to work properly.

Cavius The Great
03-25-2008, 10:59 AM
This could definetly turn out to be an interesting deck. I def. think it will need vials to work properly.

Yea definitely. You also need vials pretty badly after a Geddon, as well.