PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Elephant Stompy

Cavius The Great
03-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Here is a deck I designed a while back and pulls off random wins on MWS. I realize that doesn't say much but it's a pretty cool deck to say the least. Here's my list.

Elephant Stompy.DEC By Cavius The Great

// Lands
4 [TE] Ancient Tomb
2 [FUT] Horizon Canopy
3 [EX] City of Traitors
4 [AN] Elephant Graveyard
2 [TE] Wasteland
2 [ON] Windswept Heath
4 [R] Savannah
4 [RAV] Forest (3)
1 [CHK] Plains (4)
2 [MOR] Mutavault

// Creatures
4 [RAV] Loxodon Hierarch
4 [MOR] Chameleon Colossus
2 [LRW] Changeling Hero
2 [SH] Endangered Armodon

// Spells
4 [B] Swords to Plowshares
2 [TSB] Call of the Herd
3 [MR] Oblivion Stone
4 [5E] Nevinyrral's Disk
3 [SH] Mox Diamond
2 [FD] Crucible of Worlds
2 [UL] Crop Rotation

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 2 [CHK] Ghostly Prison
SB: 1 [SH] Sacred Ground
SB: 4 [TSB] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 4 [WL] Abeyance

The basic idea behind this deck is to play Elephants/Changelings and keep them safe from my own Disks as well as opposing creatures with Elephant Graveyard. I've always wanted to try to break Elephant Graveyard and this is my first attempt. The card choices are pretty obvious, play Elephant cards and board sweepers and regenerate your elephants with Elephant Graveyard in response. I call it Elephant Stompy becuase I obviously abuse Ancient Tombs and City of Traitors to accelerate my permanents. I don't have alot of time to explain stuff but I just wanted to get my idea out there before anyone else did.

Let me know what you guys think of my latest innovation. Comments and suggestions are welcome. Peace.

Jaynel
03-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Endangered Armodon + Mutavault = not a combo.

Cavius The Great
03-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Endangered Armodon + Mutavault = not a combo.

I realize that. That's why I never activate a Mutavault with an Armodon in play. I can always play around both of them. It's not really an issue.

EDIT: I've done some testing and Mirror Entity is amazing. Changes are:

-2 Endangered Armadon
-2 Call of the Herd
+4 Mirror Entity

Now the deck has that professional "feel" while playing it. Mirror Entity is a complete house. I'm not sure why I overlooked that card to begin with. I've also considered Swarmyard as additional Elephant Graveyards but 6 ways to get a Graveyard seems sufficient during testing, 4 Elephant Graveyards and 2 Crop Rotation being my current setup.