gosumog
03-28-2008, 06:43 PM
saving spot for testing...

vials work well with sprites >.<

gosumog
04-11-2008, 02:26 AM

mrb4b00
04-12-2008, 04:16 AM
I've ran a similar deck, with stutter/cloud/ninja combo, backed by fish cards like fow and standstill and stifles.
It did not do as well as I have expected, here is my findings:

cloud of faeries/spellstutter sprite:
the combo works very well only if you go first, and get both of them by turn two. Even so, cloud of faeries is inherently a very weak card, a vanilla 1/1 flyer, and spellstutter sprite is just another situational counter that gives you another vanilla 1/1 flyer. In a sense, you are dedicating 8 weak creatures for only 4 useful effects. They can not race, and against decks that run goyf, lacky,or creatures bigger than 1/1, they often become dead cards once they hit play.

Ninjas
I would assume that you ninjitsu your stutters by turn three, however, against a competitve deck, this play is way too slow for its effect, especially against goblins.

Overall, from my play tests, it seems that the creature base is dependent heavily on each other, unlike other aggro/control decks which their creatures offer some sort of threat individually.

I would suggest adding late game options, some sort of reliable removal other than repeal, or more disruption cards.

P.S.
Some cards to consider, I've tried them in my deck and they produced positive results

Voidmage Prodigy - combos well with spellsutter, and vials, allows you to reuse the sprites

Mothdust Changeling - turn one answer to lacky, also flies and counts as fairy so you dont need a cloud of faries turn 2 for 2cc count.

Waterfront Bouncer - keeps dangerous creatures early game, trades cards in your hand to bounce your sprite late game, essentially becomes 1 card "forbid"

Curiosity - yes its bad, but its faster than casting a ninja, you can do it on turn two with mothdust, and if it manages to stick to a flyer, it replaces itself first turn and gives you a consistent draw engine if you do manage to keep your flyers... flying.

Ornithopter - another cheap answer to lacky, and you can ninjitsu second turn without losing tempo. This was featured in a ninja extended deck a while ago, and i think it top 8'd.

Shuriken, Pithing needle, Trinket Mage - one cc artifacts with trinket mage. Shuriken is very underrated for its effectiveness. Its 1 turn faster than jitte, and you can kill or trade most creatures with it.

gosumog
04-13-2008, 09:56 PM
thopter was good with sofi/misdirect. but vial is much stronger overall and combos like bouncing ...or swing with factory, vial, pump pump