PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Side event at Grand Prix Indianapolis

technogeek5000
04-21-2008, 06:33 PM
I was looking over the Grand Prix Schedule and happened over this as a Side Event. I havent heard anything about it on here so I thought it would be good to post it up.

Saturday – June 21, 2008

Choose your Legacy!!
Format: Legacy / Sanctioned Event
4pm Registration 5pm Start
Cost $30

Everyone will receive one of the Grand Prix Indianapolis Playmat "B"

Prizes:

First - Play Set of Revised Dual Lands or Play Set of Foil Shock Lands or Play Set of Foil Sac Lands or $1000 Pastimes Gift Card

Second - Play Set of Mana Drains or Time Walk or Mox or 20 Dual Lands (2 of Each) or $500 Pastimes Gift Card

Third / Fourth - One of Each Dual Land or Mishra's Workshop or Two Mana Drains or $250 Pastimes Gift Card

5th / 6th - One of each allied dual land (five total) or One Grim Tutor or One Mana Drain or $125 Pastimes Gift Card

7th / 8th - One of each non-allied dual (five total) or One Grim Tutor or One Mana Drain or $125 Pastimes Gift Card

if over 128 players

9th - 16th

18 packs (your choice from Time Spiral forward)

Even if it is 30 bucks that is some of the most amazing prize support ive seen ever. Over 1000 bucks (or however much a playset of duals goes for these days) for first and the prize support is steady and reaches as far as half a box for top 16 finishes.

Michael Keller
04-22-2008, 03:41 PM
That looks pretty enticing.

RoddyVR
04-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Definetly sounds like a better $30 spent then the prerelease was. When will i learn to stop going to those?

Wish i had a cheap way of getting to Philly.

Dilettante
04-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Definetly sounds like a better $30 spent then the prerelease was. When will i learn to stop going to those?

Wish i had a cheap way of getting to Philly.

https://www.chinatown-bus.com/searchbus.aspx?t=2&from=12&to=14&fd=6/21/2008&rd=6/21/2008&q=1

$24 round trip from NYC to Philly... Take any Chinatown bus between NYC and Boston for $30 round trip. There are a slew of companies that offer such. If you pre-register online fast enough... your bus ticket for Lucky Star bus lines (http://www.luckystarbus.com/)... can be $1 for the NY/Boston route. $54 total plus whatever it costs for you to get to South Station and however much it is from where you are dropped off to the GP. $26 round trip if you can get the promo tickets.

However... this GP is... in Indy.

RoddyVR
04-22-2008, 06:42 PM
ye... Color me the "not paying attention" color.
Now i gotta look up where this Indi place is (i did not get an A on geography, ever). And see if its worth trying to get there.

Wallace
04-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Wow, I will be playing in this if I scrub out of day one...

emidln
04-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Seeing as this is only a couple hours from my house, I guess a tank of gas and a twenty wouldn't be a bad trade for set of duals. I'll call it right now that Fetchland Tendrils wins this.

Kenderleech
04-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Now i gotta look up where this Indi place is (i did not get an A on geography, ever). And see if its worth trying to get there.

Get out a map of the US. Put your finger on Pennsylvania, and move it left 2 states. If your finger is over water, move it the other way. Odds are, Indianapolis will be under your finger.

It is also where you find Gencon in August.