PDA

View Full Version : [Casual Deck] Aggro Elves

Clark Kant
05-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Traditional elf decks played lots of utility cards, the likes of Wellwisher and what not.

But I believe that the release of all the aggressive elves in Lorywn block gives us an unique oppurtunity, to develop a very aggressive elf deck that primarily focuses on attacking and abusing the hell out of the mana acceleration that elves offer.

Help me brainstorm the list, or if you have such a deck lying around, please post it.

//Land
12 Forest
2 Pendelhaven
2 Gaea's Cradle

//Mana Elves
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania

//Beatz
4 Skyshroud Elite
4 Wolf-Skull Shaman
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Chamelleon Collasus

//Other Options
4 Elvish Spirit Guide
4 Quirion Ranger
4 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
4 Quirion Sentinel
4 Bloodline Shaman
4 Tribal Forcemage
4 Winnower Patrol
4 Eldamari, Lord of the Leaves
4 Thornwield Archer
4 Gempalm Strider
4 Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers
4 Lys Alana Huntmaster
4 Immaculate Magistrate
4 Imperious Perfect
4 Wilt-Leaf Liege
4 Wren Run's Packmaster
4 Viridian Zealot
2 Taunting Elf
2 Caller of the Claw + 4 Wirewood Herald

//Nonelven Options
4 Umbral Mantle + 4 Viridan Joiner
4 Aether Vial
4 Concordant Crossroads
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Skyshroud Poacher
4 Winter Orb
4 Thorn of Amethist
4 Wirewood Pride
4 Krosan Grip
4 Hurricane
4 Overrun
2 Biorhythm
2 Wirewood Lodge
2 Coat of Arms
2 Glimpse of Nature
2 Slate of Ancestry
2 Staff of Domination

Any Other Good Potential Inclusions That I Left Off? I would like to think that I included every good card for an aggressive elvish deck in the opening post somewhere. But I may have missed something.

When suggesting changes to the a list, be sure to mention what you want to cut to fit in the new card, as follows...

- 4 Card X
+ 4 Card Y

Then post your justification for why Card Y is better than Card X.

Thank you.

Pltnmngl
05-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure how others feel about necro'ed threads, but this may help:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7233

Clark Kant
05-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Except for the fact that the whole basis of the other deck no longer works.

And it seems to be more focused on utility than aggression.

And it didn't have access to several of the very best elves printed in Lorywn block due to them not being out at the time.

The Kinship Elves are downright broken at times.

alcaeus
05-08-2008, 06:07 PM
For a good discussion, I would like to add the following usual suspects to the consideration list. (sorry for any repeats)

Non-Elves
3 Coat of Arms
4 Winter Orb
4 Thorn of Amethist
4 Wirewood Pride
3 Glimpse of Nature
3 Slate of Ancestry
3 Staff of Domination
4 Hurricane
4 Wirewood Symbiote

Elves
4 Viridian Zealot
1 Glissa Sunseeker
1 Masked Admirer's

I understand that some are only valid for traditional elves, and not the agro-version u wish to create.

I especially have good hopes for 4 winter orbs maindeck. It would really sharpen the clock on ur opp, or buy you a few more rounds of attacks.

gl with it!

Clark Kant
05-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Done, though a few of your suggestions seem bad.

I see no point in playing cards that are only good if you have a lot of elves in play. If you get a lot of elves in play, you probably won already anyways.

The one exception I make to this is a card like Overrun which flat out wins you the game if it resolves, even if you only have a moderate number of creatures in play.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any other cards that I left off?

I really wish there was a link option so that people could easily see what each of the cards are without having to google them

insertnamehere
05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Run Warriors:
Bramblewood Paragon
Elvish Warrior
Wren's run Vanquisher
Presence of Gond(enchant creature T:put a 1/1 elf warrior into play)
Imperious Perfect
Llanowar Elves
Fyndhorn Elves
Changeling Titan
Cream of the Crop(Whenever a creature comes into play under your control, you may look at the top X cards of your library, where X is that creature's power. If you do, put one of those cards on top of your library and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.) Hmmm control what you draw every turn.
Wheel of sun and moonHelps against Goyf, Thresh and survival

Clark Kant
05-08-2008, 07:48 PM
The good cards you mentioned in the list are already included.

Sun and Moon Wheel seems likely a strictly sideboard only card, and I was hoping to first iron out the maindeck before worrying about sideboard cards.

The other cards you listed (the warriors) seem rather bad compared to the options mentioned in the opening post.

As you can see from my opening post, the auto includes in my list are...

//Land
12 Forest
2 Pendelhaven
2 Gaea's Cradle

//Mana Elves
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania

//Beatz
4 Skyshroud Elite
4 Wolf-Skull Shaman
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Chamelleon Collasus

Now the deck needs basically three more cards to fill it out.

Out of all the options mentioned in the opening post, what would you say are the three best aggressive or broken cards to complete the decklist?

There are a lot to fantastic options already in the opening post to choose from.

Jaynel
05-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Ugh, I hate to post in this thread, but I'd opt for:

4 Bramblewood Paragon
4 Imperious Perfect
4 Elvish Vanguard (OMG WATCH OUT FOR THE HOT TECH WITH PARAGON)

Clark Kant
05-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of either Paragon or Vanguard. Both seem underpowered.

Imperious Perfect should be good though. It creates a 2/2 each turn. Kind of like Wolf-Skull Shaman but costs one more mana.

And I think the deck should play either Overrun, the Morph Pump Elf, or the Cycling Pump Elf as a solid finisher.

//Land
12 Forest
2 Pendelhaven
2 Gaea's Cradle

//Mana Elves
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania

//Beatz
4 Skyshroud Elite
4 Wolf-Skull Shaman
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Chamelleon Collasus
4 Imperious Perfect
4 Overrun Effect

So that only leaves one card we need to fill out the list.

Any suggestions?

Shtriga
05-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Jittes?

Thehunter820
05-09-2008, 12:49 PM
the elf list I usually run which is 4-5th turn kill as long as my day isnt ruined is:

Forest x15
Gaea's Cradle x3

Priest of Titania x4
Wirewood Simbiot x4
Sylvan Messenger x4

Elvish Champion x4
Imperious Perfext x4
Aluren x3-4

then for the other spots I switch between Wren's Run Silhana Ledgewalker Elvish Vanguard and Elvish Warrior

Cabal-kun
05-09-2008, 12:53 PM
This is a pretty good Aggro Elves (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=112818) deck. I would look here for some ideas, as the deck is incredibly well structured and thought out.

Misplayer
05-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Consider Living Wish. Useful to pull up a Cradle, Priest or Messanger. A friend of mine has a casual elf deck and he includes Masticore in his wishboard to be used as spot removal with all the mana you'll be producing. Rancor is also a solid card, and is pretty ridiculous with Chameleon Colossus.

Priest of Titania
05-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Since you are running Sylvan Messenger and Kinship creatures, you should really be playing fetch lands to boost the ability's percentages.

Also, I find that Gaea's Cradle is weak... A lot of times they will kill your first turn elf and your Cradle becomes weak on your second turn unless you play another 1-drop... which a lot of times you either don't have a 1-drop, or it gets killed too and the Cradle is weak again... or you could have played something better for 2 mana on second turn than another 1-drop... Cradle becomes dead and clunky a lot of times and in my opinion it's not worth playing it for few games where it does actually works out to be good. It's inconsistant, Wasteland is superior imo. The deck needs at least 18 Reliable land sources, you can't rely on your mana elves, they always get killed in real practice and you end up mana screwed.

1 Pendelhaven
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Windswept Heath
6 Forest
4 Wasteland

That's what I would play. It makes sure u get an average of at least 3 lands on the board in every game, which fits perfectly with the decks mana curve. Plus with Fetches and Wastelands it's not like you are actually running 18-19 lands. Wastelands are quite versitile for stalling and for mana, and fetches thin your lands.

technogeek5000
05-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Problem with your list is that it doesnt disrupt. Your trading great mana disruption in thorn and wasteland for situational boosters. I know from testing that you dont need 8 1cc mana elves, six is definately plenty. Chameleon colossus while nifty with mana accel, doesnt trample. It will get chumped all day long and will never win you a game that other support cards wont. Packmaster wins the game much easier with the mana provided by cradle and priest and its supposed drawback actually benefits the deck by hiding away creatures for when you get your board cleared from mass removal. Im just trying to understand why you playing cards like wolf-skull shaman and overun effects when you can be running more lords (elvish champion is the shit, forestwalk is absolutely broken in the current metagame) and protection like symbiote (like Ive said repeatedly, symbiote + messenger = automatic win).Also, dude, no ESG's?

Clark Kant
05-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the link cabal-kin, it's an interesting thread with a lot of good ideas. It's not exactly what I'm going for here though.
'
As you can tell from the title, and the deck itself, this is meant for a casual meta for one of my playgroups which is sick of losing to broken decks like Dragon Stompy, MUC, Fairie Stompy etc and would prefer to lose to casual decks like Aggro Elves.

This is why I am not sold on...

Thorn of Amethyst - Is it needed against casual decks too?
Elvish Champion - Forests aren't quite as common as mountains and swamps.
Wasteland - I'm not convinced it's useful here and casual metas hate Wastelands.

Wirewood Symbiote will definately be one of the three cards I intend to add.

@technogeek, you have excellent input. You don't need to be so hostile about it though.

If you note, I posted in the developmental forum, I stated that all I have is the strategy I want to go after and not a list yet. And I asked for help in developing a list, or posting a list for any aggressive build you may have.

Please post what your list looks like if you are willing to do so.

Wren's Run Packmaster definately seems strong so as you suggested I will go...

-4 Chameleon Collasus
+4 Wren's Run Packmaster
-4 Overrun Elf
+4 Imperious Perfect
-2 Fyndhorn Elves

My current List...

//Land
8 Forest
4 Fetchland
2 Pendelhaven
2 Gaea's Cradle

//Mana Elves
3 Llanowar Elves
3 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania

//Beatz
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Skyshroud Elite
4 Wolf-Skull Shaman
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
4 Imperious Perfect
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Wren's Run Packmaster

So now I have 10 cards to fill out in the list. What do you recommend?
Thorn of Amethyst?
Elvish Champion?

I am not sure exactly what sort of manabase you are advocating which is why I left it alone for now

I have or can get any cards.

technogeek5000
05-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the link cabal-kin, it's an interesting thread with a lot of good ideas. It's not exactly what I'm going for here though as I will explain in a bit.

Wirewood Symbiote will definately be one of the three cards I intend to add.

@technogeek, you have excellent input. You don't need to be so hostile about it though.

If you note, I posted in the developmental forum, I stated that all I have is the strategy I want to go after and not a list yet. And I asked for help in developing a list, or posting a list for any aggressive build you may have.

Please post what your list looks like if you are willing to do so.

Wren's Run Packmaster definately seems strong so as you suggested I will go...

-4 Chameleon Collasus
+4 Wren's Run Packmaster
-4 Overrun Elf
+4 Imperious Perfect
-2 Fyndhorn Elves

My current List...

//Land
8 Forest
4 Fetchland
2 Pendelhaven
2 Gaea's Cradle

//Mana Elves
3 Llanowar Elves
3 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania

//Beatz
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Skyshroud Elite
4 Wolf-Skull Shaman
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
4 Imperious Perfect
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Wren's Run Packmaster

Thorn of Amethyst?
Elvish Champion?

As you can tell from the title, and the deck itself, this is meant for a casual meta for one of my playgroups which is sick of losing to broken decks like Dragon Stompy, MUC, Fairie Stompy etc and would prefer to lose to casual decks like Aggro Elves.

This is why I am not sold on...

Thorn of Amethyst - Is it needed against casual decks too?
Elvish Champion - Forests aren't quite as common as mountains and swamps.
Wasteland - I'm not convinced it's useful here and casual metas hate Wastelands.

I am not sure exactly what sort of manabase you are advocating which is why I left it alone for now

I have or can get any cards.

Sorry that it came off that way, I was looking over my post and got rid of somethings that came off as hostile. I really didnt mean it like that. Here is my list that I have been using:

3 Llanowar elves
3 Fyndhorn elves
4 Priest of titania
4 ESG
4 Elvish champion
4 Imperious perfect
4 Sylvan messenger
2 Wren's run vanquisher
4 Thorn of amethyst
3 Wren's run packmaster
4 Wirewood symbiote
2 Wilt-Leaf Liege
14 forest
3 Wasteland
2 gae's cradle

4 Leyline of the void
4 Choke
4 Krosan grip
3 Root maze

Forestwalk is really good in competitive, but I guess if your playing casual and forests arent as abundant then it might not be as critical. The +1/+1 is still very useful though. The same goes for wasteland. With thorn, it depends on how the other decks are. If they are strictly aggro decks with 25+ creatures or something like that, then it would be fine to take them out.

xsockmonkeyx
05-09-2008, 08:54 PM

These arent recommendations, just ideas Im throwing out there:

How about a couple Harmonizes to supplement the Messengers? Also, Aether VIal is good with creatures I hear. Maybe a small survival engine (4 Survival, 1 Genesis, 1 Squee, + some utility targets). I see no reason for not including Tarmogoyf other than you dont have them or want to keep this casual elf theme. Throwing 4 Goyfs in would immediately make the deck more resilient to stuff like Deed, Plague, etc.

Cait_Sith
05-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Hey, I heard that free creatures AND overrun are both amazing. I packaged them with mana accel into a card I call: Garruk Wildspeaker.

He even dodges Deed (but not EE).

technogeek5000
05-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Im positive Garruk does not belong in this deck. The 4cc spot is already clogged with Liege, messenger, and packmaster. the 3/3 counters will often be smaller then all of your other creatures (even the 1/1s) and to get the overun you make mana that isnt needed. The overun effect is always overkill because this deck always puts more creatures on the board then the opponent so we overun them anyways, (the lords make the creatures comfortably big so +3+3 isnt needed and forestwalk is a better trample since everyone and their whole extended family is playing playsets of tarmogoyf nowadays).

Valtrix
05-11-2008, 06:07 PM
So, instead of making a new thread I guess I'll just post my elves here. I guess it's not quite the same style as the first one posted, but it does like to win with a lot of big elves:

Lands(12)
8 x Forest
2 x Wooded Foothills
2 x Windswept Heath
Creatures(45)
4 x Llanowar elves
4 x Fyndhorn elves
4 x Quirion ranager
4 x Wirewood symbiote
4 x Priest of titania
4 x Bloodline shaman
2 x Gempalm strider
1 x Viridian Zealot
3 x Wirewood herald
4 x Elvish Spirit Guide
4 x Imperious Perfect
2 x Elvish champion
4 x Sylvan Messenger
1 x Masked Admirers
Other(3)
3 x Concordant Crossroads
Board
4 x Gleeful Sabotage
4 x Thorn of Amethyst
4 x Squall Line
3 x Wilt-leaf Leige

I'd run over card choices, but they should be pretty self explanitory =P The deck gets way nuts with crossroads, ranger, or symbiote. Not quite sure about the sideboard. Sabotage seemed like the best choice, because I can destroy multiple effects, and if I want to destroy an artifact/enchantment, I might not have the three mana for grip availible due to my low land count. Also not sure if thorn should be maindecked, because the deck fishes so fast that it's probably better to just get elves instead. Squall-line is likewise probably pretty strange, but it gives another way to win. Can force a draw too, if you want. (Probably something better, but I like it. Especially nice if they try to kill all your elves in one turn you can use untapping shenanigans to squal line for a lot.)

I'd say it's pretty resilient because of card draw, and can create some nuts advantage here. Recursion with symbiote/ranger is amazing. It's way fun to play, and can win turn three with a crossroads, but almost always on turn four. (Unless I get way unlucky and don't draw anything useful.) Let me know what you think.

SuckerPunch
08-24-2008, 12:16 PM
This is a pretty good Aggro Elves (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=112818) deck. I would look here for some ideas, as the deck is incredibly well structured and thought out.

Damn :eek:

I read that thread when you first posted it. It still seemed untweaked and not that good.

But a lot of development went into the list since then.

Now the current list looks crazy strong.

Here it is if you're too lazy to click the link...

Land
16 Forest
3 Gaea's Cradle

Other Mana
3 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania
4 Elvish Spirit Guide

Beatdown
4 Elvish Champion
4 Imperious Perfect
3 Wilt-Leaf Liege
3 Wren's Run Packmaster

Utility
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Wirewood Symbiote

Sideboard
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Choke
4 Caller of the Claw
3 Krosan Grip

But why the hell isn't anyone playing Skyshroud Elite.

Elite's a very solid beater that's a must play in a pure aggro build.

Also, I've now come to the conclusion that Eldamari, Lord of the Leaves isn't crap even post-errata, even without it effecting itself.

It's now an elf, so it works with Priest, Wilt Leaf Liege etc.

It gives two fantastic abilities. Basically Winged Sliver combined with Crystalline Sliver (or Mother of Runes to be more apt).

Forestwalk = Unblockable in this Goyf infested format.

Having to get StPed first before the other elves can be StPed is still extremely solid. It's like a Mother of Runes that doens't have to tap, and can continue to attack.

Pulp_Fiction
08-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Has anyone seen The Imaginary Friend's list? http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=18892 He splashes white for Mirror Entity but I think I remember he posted something like he hated the splash and would not play it again. Something I am wondering about, when playing an Elf deck that runs Priest of Titania why would you not run at least 2x Staff of Domination? It gains you infinite life and you can draw out your entire deck if you have Priest and 4 other elves in play. It also works wonders in the mid-late game if you opponent has monentarily stopped your assault.

Illissius
08-24-2008, 04:02 PM
With Priest, Rofellos, and Viridian Joiner, you can have 12 ways to go infinite with Umbral Mantle. Just sayin'.

SuckerPunch
08-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Oddly enoguh, I tried Staff before, and recently tried out Umbral Mantle.

Neither is bad. I just wasn't convinced playing them for a combo you rarely see was better than just playing more beatdown for consistency.

Just don't play Viridian Joiner. It's a crappy card by itself. Priest and Roefflos are plenty good.

Pulp_Fiction
08-25-2008, 12:31 AM
I just built up an interesting Elf deck and I wanted a sort-or combo kill that only took up a few slots and playing 3x Staff of Domination with 1x Concordant Crossroads works very well. And the Concordant Crossroads is not totally worthless by itself as I have had a few insane haste draws with it. After you add infinite mana with Staff and Priest you just draw out your deck until you hit the Crossroads and play it, then play everything in your hand and swing for ....... a lot of fucking damage! There will be times when it will be totally unnecessary but there will be times when you are damn glad that it is there.

SuckerPunch
08-25-2008, 03:19 AM
Concordant Crossroads is a steller card by itself.

There is no reason not to run 4 copies in a deck that's clearly trying to aggro out and win as fast as humanly possible. They make the critical turns a few turns earlier.

Staff/Mantle seem like win more cards.

Yeah, you win if you have a Priest, and a crapload of other elves in play. In that situation, aren't you already winning.

At the very very least, I would run 2 Crossroads along with 2 Staff.

insertnamehere
08-25-2008, 05:43 AM
Glimpse of Nature basically says draw your deck out and smash your opponent if concordant crossroads is in play. I will be posting my list shortly.

georgjorge
08-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Has anyone seen The Imaginary Friend's list? http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=18892 He splashes white for Mirror Entity but I think I remember he posted something like he hated the splash and would not play it again. Something I am wondering about, when playing an Elf deck that runs Priest of Titania why would you not run at least 2x Staff of Domination? It gains you infinite life and you can draw out your entire deck if you have Priest and 4 other elves in play. It also works wonders in the mid-late game if you opponent has monentarily stopped your assault.

For what it's worth, he also won the Fifth MTGSal Legacy tourney with it (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=109971), which may count for something as there were good decks and good players in it.

SuckerPunch
08-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I don't think Mirror Entity is a good enough card to warrant splashing a whole color, especially if even then, he only ran 2 copies of it, and later regretted including it in the first place.

I'm just curious if anyone else has tried out this list yet...

Land
16 Forest
3 Gaea's Cradle

Other Mana
3 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania
4 Elvish Spirit Guide

Beatdown
4 Elvish Champion
4 Imperious Perfect
3 Wilt-Leaf Liege
3 Wren's Run Packmaster

Utility
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Thorn of Amethyst/Skyshroud Elite

Sideboard
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Choke
4 Caller of the Claw
3 Krosan Grip

Seems like a very solid build that could use just the tiniest bit of finetuning and perhaps a Pendelhaven or two.

-=ddd=-
08-26-2008, 03:42 PM
My favorite list:

// Lands
3 [TE] Wasteland
3 [MM] Rishadan Port
3 [R] Savannah
3 [US] Gaea's Cradle
4 [ON] Windswept Heath
5 [IA] Forest (1)

// Creatures
3 [IA] Fyndhorn Elves
2 [FNM] Llanowar Elves
4 [US] Priest of Titania
4 [VI] Quirion Ranger
3 [AP] Sylvan Messenger
3 [LRW] Imperious Perfect
2 [IN] Elvish Champion
2 [LRW] Mirror Entity
2 [LE] Timberwatch Elf
2 [LRW] Elvish Harbinger
3 [LRW] Wren's Run Vanquisher

// Spells
3 [DS] AEther Vial
4 [DS] Trinisphere
2 [6E] Armageddon

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 4 [US] Absolute Law
SB: 4 [DK] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 3 [MR] Chalice of the Void
SB: 1 [WL] Gaea's Blessing

I play them deck six months.

if remove control elements (Trinisphere, Armageddon). I have done so :
-4 Trinisphere
-2 Armageddon
+4 Skyshroud Elite
+2 Hurricane

if I wanted combo option, it did so :
-4 Trinisphere
-2 Armageddon
+3 Staff of Domination
+2 Squall Line
+1 Llanowar Elves

-----------------

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=18892 - This deck-list GW-Elves very very very very good. one of the best.

Priest of Titania (+Quirion Ranger) + Mirror Entity = speed killing

Sims
08-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I don't think Mirror Entity is a good enough card to warrant splashing a whole color, especially if even then, he only ran 2 copies of it, and later regretted including it in the first place.

I'm just curious if anyone else has tried out this list yet...

Land
16 Forest
3 Gaea's Cradle

Other Mana
3 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania
4 Elvish Spirit Guide

Beatdown
4 Elvish Champion
4 Imperious Perfect
3 Wilt-Leaf Liege
3 Wren's Run Packmaster

Utility
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Thorn of Amethyst/Skyshroud Elite

Sideboard
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Choke
4 Caller of the Claw
3 Krosan Grip

Seems like a very solid build that could use just the tiniest bit of finetuning and perhaps a Pendelhaven or two.

I like tihs list and it's similar to what I've been running, except I've kept Vanquishers in simply for their ability to just steal damage or creatures from an opposing board. Swinging in with a Vanquisher tends to leave people eating lightning bolts (or more with the lords) during the attack step instead of eating your elf with a Tarmogoyf. Same on the flip side, not always will a deck alpha strike on you when they know that they are GOING to lose their best creature that the vanquisher is able to block off.

Another version I've been testing has been trying to abuse the synergy between Packmaster and Messenger/Caller as well as Wolf-Skull Shaman. Granted wolf tokens aren't elves and don't get pumped by lords, but they count for cradle (Packmaster giving you a good mana sink) and the Deathtouch granted by Packmaster makes even the little 2/2 sons of bitches fierce in combat. Even without Packmaster, I'm starting to think that Wolf-Skull is a creature for some builds simly for the fact that he's pumping out a 2/2 damn near every turn. I'll keep you guys posted on how that turns out.

SuckerPunch
09-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes, I can't help but feel that not running Vanquishers and Talara's Battalion is a mistake.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=112818

montanhas18
09-10-2008, 11:09 AM
There's another thread in the Established Deck Forum (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?p=272400#post272400).

Three different threads for very similar decklists is a bit too much, no? :wink: