PDA

View Full Version : [TOURNAMENT] Legacy Tournament Presented by Pandemonium

NeXuS
06-01-2008, 02:35 PM
When: Noon July 20th
Where: Pandemonium, 1858 Middlebelt Road Garden City, Michigan
Registration: Starts at 11am and is $20 (Pre-Registration recommended)
Contact Information: 731-427-2451
How to Pre-Reg:
You can Pre-Reg online at http://www.pandemonium-online.com/ via paypal to Pre-Reg differently call them at 731-427-2451 and ask how to.
Sanctioned: Yes

Prizes:
1- Near Mint Mox Emerald
2- x4 Revised Taiga
3- Unlimited Beserk
4- Tarmogoyf
5-8- Force of will

umbowta
06-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Sweet! I didn't even have to start this thread. I will surely be there and this time trying to add some green to my Mox collection. The only question is, What pile of jank will grant the meta its unexpected demise this time? White Weenie maybe...Jihad is soooo good.

Michael Keller
06-01-2008, 09:38 PM
...How do you go from a NM Mox Emerald for first to a set of Taigas for second...

Isamaru
06-02-2008, 02:23 PM
The only question is, What pile of jank will grant the meta its unexpected demise this time? White Weenie maybe...Jihad is soooo god.
Fixed.

The meta in Brighton was really weird. I was so used to Guildhaus/Pandemonium.

umbowta
06-02-2008, 03:02 PM
...How do you go from a NM Mox Emerald for first to a set of Taigas for second...
Ummm...by going all the way to the finals...and then losing.

NeXuS
06-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Im def gonna make this if i can get money to get the cards i need for my deck before then and im strapped for cash :(

might have to rob a t 7/11 :P

munkie
06-03-2008, 12:16 AM
LOL. These prizes suck. Especially for a non-legacy prize. Shit, $20 is entry to a dual land draft.

Unless I am missing the 4x that should be before the words "Tarmogoyf", "Unlimited Berserk" and "Force of Will"

Get a less expensive worse prize. This just looks like someone traded for a Mox, convinced a store to let him have a tournament for it, then sell it like that and make a shit load of money. And I can't support that.

Only I am allowed to do that. At least my tournaments were the predecessors to Kadilak's DLD's.

Isamaru
06-03-2008, 04:04 PM
In Michigan, we pay $25 to enter our Legacy tournaments once a month (if we're lucky) and most of us drive an hour there and back ($15 gas) to do it.

After all that, it's still worth it after how rarely they come up.

I wish we had a local Legacy store, or that I could have gone to those May 25th Hollywood Legacy side events.

luckymartyr
06-04-2008, 11:30 AM
LOL. These prizes suck. Especially for a non-legacy prize. Shit, $20 is entry to a dual land draft.

Unless I am missing the 4x that should be before the words "Tarmogoyf", "Unlimited Berserk" and "Force of Will"

Get a less expensive worse prize. This just looks like someone traded for a Mox, convinced a store to let him have a tournament for it, then sell it like that and make a shit load of money. And I can't support that.

Only I am allowed to do that. At least my tournaments were the predecessors to Kadilak's DLD's.

They are giving out about $600-700 worth of prizes for a $20 entry. If they get 30+ players they might break even. Seems like they are doing a pretty good job of keeping things fair. The store is also a decent venue, with plently of space and a level 2 judge to enforce the rules. The previous tournaments at Pandemonium have all been fine.

goobafish
06-04-2008, 11:43 AM

I don't see anything wrong with their prize support.

NeXuS
06-04-2008, 07:49 PM
yea legacy tourneys are rare in Michigan we do have weekly legacy tourneys up here but its only about 8 or so people and just for fun (it is sanctioned) Id be willing to pay $20 just to play in a big tourney with the only prize being braggin rights lol.

NeXuS
06-13-2008, 01:32 AM
anybody from the thumb area going?

umbowta
07-16-2008, 04:31 PM
So, I was looking at the "upcoming events for the next 90 days" and I was wondering...How the fuck did this event not get on the calendar? I guess I should have PMed a Mod or something. I'll get right on that...better late than never I guess.

On a side note, If you've got an Elder Dragon Highlander deck you should bring it...and be prepared to lose.

Master Shake
07-21-2008, 12:49 AM
If anyone was curious, I won this with White stax. List and mini report coming tomorrow, I have a headache.

Patrick
07-21-2008, 09:57 AM
I helped judge the event and posted the top 8 decklists and players on the T8 thread. Take a look!

Skeggi
07-21-2008, 10:31 AM

You're acting like dollars are expensive. Where I live people pay 12 euro (is about $18) for a 4x Tarmo prize on the #1 spot. 2nd prize 2 Volcanic Island, 3rd prize Bayou, 4th prize plateau, and boosters for the rest of the top 8.

PowrDragn
07-21-2008, 10:48 AM
This amuses me. I'm working on a project to get larger Legacy events running in Texas. I looked at the prize support here and thought, "That seems pretty good for $20. If they don't get 30 players, this event has a huge overlay for the players."

Then some guys post how that's a ripoff?!?!

I don't really understand. But, I'm glad to see how others do deem this as acceptable.

Lego
07-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Then some guys post how that's a ripoff?!?!

I don't really understand. But, I'm glad to see how others do deem this as acceptable.

I think people dislike non-Legacy prizes, and a lot of people (myself included) really dislike top-heavy prize supports. Something like a DLD is great, because you make Top 8, and you'll get a good prize. Finishing 5th and getting boosters feels terrible. I'd rather 1st-4th be the exact same thing, with 5th-8th being not much worse, than have a really great 1st place prize.

Isamaru
07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah top-heavey prizes aren't very rewarding.

Sorry I couldn't make this tournament... is there another in August or anytime soon?

umbowta
07-23-2008, 03:56 PM
I'll let you know if I hear anything from Melee or Pandemonium...or RIW???

I'm working on a Dual Land Draft in January at Cryptic Confusionhttp://stilyagi.org/cons/2009/index.php but I need to get alot of support 'cause there's no built in budget. The convention is a yearly Sci-fi con that I've been going to for the last couple years. The rooms are only $89 per night and my wife and I have a great time just going from party to party...to party. Did I mention there's alot of room parties? There's even a Pirate ship/Bar roaming the hallways pillaging and making people do stupid shit for shots. They just need more Magic the Gathering...thats where I come in.