Entry fee: $5
Prize: Top 3
Average Showing: 10 people.

A fun and casual no pressure environment
come on down we need players!

you can call me , joey at 818-984-5580 for any questions

xsockmonkeyx
06-03-2008, 01:30 AM
HOLY SHIT! Weekly Legacy in LA? Im fucking there. I have a friend who can/will play depending on his schedule, and maybe another guy.

Ozymandias
06-03-2008, 03:05 AM
It's tempting to show up to this...but there's a draft at the same time 10 minutes from my house, which I win a fair amount of the time.

We'll see.

m03
06-03-2008, 04:17 AM
HOLY SHIT! Weekly Legacy in LA? Im fucking there. I have a friend who can/will play depending on his schedule, and maybe another guy.

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago, coincidentally at a tournament at Knightware in Studio City, which also has local Legacy tournaments twice a month.

Check the last couple of pages of the "Weekly Legacy tournaments" thread for the dates and times. I believe there's one coming up on Friday night.

What's the parking situation like at Toy Mandala?

Anyway, any of these that I can make it to, I'll be bringing an extra deck with me for anybody who can come but maybe doesn't have a Legacy deck put together yet.

xsockmonkeyx
06-03-2008, 04:31 AM
I stopped checking the weekly tournament thing for LA tourneys a long time ago, due to endless nothing. Kinda stoked that there is one venue, let alone two :smile:

Michael Keller
06-03-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm kind of surprised there wasn't mention of Los Angeles-based tournaments sooner. Even though I'm an east-coaster, I'm still surprised because it's such a big city.

Isamaru
06-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Cool. My uncle lives in Sherman Oaks. I'll see if I can attend when I visit in July.

joey223
06-03-2008, 05:45 PM
@ Mo3:the parking is a good situation. toy mandala has its own lot and if its full there is a lot right next to it that you can park in.

so parking is not an issue like it is at knightware.

i will also try to bring an extra deck or 2 in case anyone else wants to show up but does not have a legacy deck.

should be fun.

Ozymandias
06-04-2008, 01:40 AM
On second thought, I'll be there not this Sunday but the one after it, seeing as how it's basically a straight shot up Beverly Glen.

isdepopecatholic
06-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I should be able to go next Sunday. I'm excited to finally see a regular LA tournament.

xsockmonkeyx
06-19-2008, 01:57 AM
I would go if I knew there was going to be more than 3 people there. My friend went down there two Sundays ago and he said the place was empty, and the owner is a douche.

m03
06-19-2008, 02:13 AM
There's another one at Knightware this Saturday at 5:00PM as well.

They had 8 people show up for the Friday one a couple of weeks ago, and an additional 2 that showed up a bit too late to participate.

joey223
06-19-2008, 04:49 AM
@ sockmonkey: well we are still trying to get it going and i can only speak for myself but the last few sundays have been really tuff for me and that is not a normal thing for me.i have spoken to a few people that said they would show but we all know how that goes:rolleyes: .but iam guilty of that too:tongue: i will continue to try and get the word out so we can have a weekly legacy in one of the largest cities in america.:confused: and i would tell everyone who is interested to tell all your magic playing friends about the tournament so we can get it rolling.

actually the owner is a very nice guy but a few of the employees?
well, maybe.:laugh:

xsockmonkeyx
06-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Well, Im just going on the info my friend gave me. If it's actually like 9-10 people then it would be worth the monies to drive down there IMO. 3-4, not so much. I can bring another guy, if he doesnt flake, thats 2. Original friend I mentioned was against going down there again, so fuck 'im. Ill look into it.

Ozymandias
06-20-2008, 02:28 AM
Well, Father's Day wrecked my plans to go last week, but I'll try and show this one.

I want to get a good LA Legacy scene going, so if anybody reading this wants to drop a PM to me, I'd like to get a good gauge of who's interested.

xsockmonkeyx
06-20-2008, 01:16 PM
I have 2 confirmed for Sunday, my friend and myself.

Also, he asked about proxies. Any official policy been set? Personally I think permitting a couple would make for a better tourney, but whatever.

xsockmonkeyx
06-23-2008, 12:07 AM
5 people showed so we just playtested. Joey said that a bunch of people flaked, but whatever, we had fun. We'll be back next week hoping that ~3 more people show so we can have a tourney. It was a really nice atmosphere although it was very hot today.

m03
06-23-2008, 01:32 AM
We had 9 show for the Saturday afternoon/night tournament at Knightware.

AggroLoam, TopnTog, and BW-Discard took turns wrecking my day with FT. Repeated mulligans into win conditions combined with opponents with first-turn Hypnotic Specters FTL. Got some good trades though.

I always end up with too much to do on Sundays, so I haven't been able to make it to TM yet. Hopefully next Sunday will be different, provided I'm not out of town.

xsockmonkeyx
06-30-2008, 01:14 AM
6 today at the Toy Mandala, but 2 people dropped :( Next weekend is not gonna happen for a myriad of reasons, but we will be back in two weeks. A couple people came by and asked about the tourney, and said they might be interested in playing. I have no idea how sincere they were though.

Ozymandias
06-30-2008, 01:33 AM
I showed up this afternoon at 2 and there was nobody there, so I left.

m03
06-30-2008, 01:50 AM

You should have waited. There were two of us in the back at 2:05, and the rest showed up between 2:15 and 2:30, IIRC.

Quite a heavy showing for control decks today ;)

xsockmonkeyx
06-30-2008, 05:02 PM

2 is more like the time youre not supposed to show up before. I think we ended up playing around 3:15.

Also, LOL at Mo for tweaking David's scepter control into a personal hate deck and then getting paired up against it first round. :laugh:

xsockmonkeyx
07-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Craig and I will be there tomorrow. Hoping to see everyone out there, and maybe have some people wait around for more than five minutes this time :P

m03
07-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Craig and I will be there tomorrow. Hoping to see everyone out there, and maybe have some people wait around for more than five minutes this time :P

I'm planning on attending. As usual, I'll have an extra deck for anyone who can come, but doesn't have one put together yet.

Also, bring your trades!

xsockmonkeyx
07-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Trades will be there. I can't guarantee there will be anything great though. Most of the good stuff is in decks, but Ill bring my folder.

m03
07-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Trades will be there. I can't guarantee there will be anything great though. Most of the good stuff is in decks, but Ill bring my folder.

I meant that as a general message for anyone attending too. It sucked last time to have like half the stuff that various people were looking for, but nothing to trade it towards.

xsockmonkeyx
07-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh, yeah. We wanted to get some Chains last time, but you had to take of early, and we forgot. So, bring those prolly.

m03
07-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Awesome, so we had 7 show at Toy Mandala (and that was on a day that Joey and Co. weren't able to make it). Attendance continues to improve.

For some reason we all just playtested, but whatever, it was fun. Maindeck tweaks for FT and sideboard tweaks for UW Dreadstill are in order.

Also, there's another tournament at Knightware this Saturday at 5:00PM.

isdepopecatholic
07-15-2008, 12:47 AM
I attended for the first time, and it was great. Friendly atmosphere, nice people, and being able to playtest was great. I'll be back for sure.

xsockmonkeyx
07-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Awesome, so we had 7 show at Toy Mandala (and that was on a day that Joey and Co. weren't able to make it). Attendance continues to improve.

For some reason we all just playtested, but whatever, it was fun.

I think we all just playtested because we were having so much fun. The 3 times Craig and I have showed we had 5, then 6, then 7, in that order, so it's quite promising.

When is the Knightware tourney? It's tomorrow, right? I might make it down there depending on how things shake out.

m03
07-17-2008, 09:07 PM
When is the Knightware tourney? It's tomorrow, right? I might make it down there depending on how things shake out.

It's actually this Saturday, the 19th, at 5:00PM (ie, two days from now).

Looks like I'll be representing storm combo again ;)

Isamaru
07-18-2008, 07:13 PM
I finally am here in LA visiting, but I didn't bring my physical decks, sorry.

I might visit if there's nothing to do around here one day if anyone is willing to lend me a deck to playtest or play in the tournament. :smile:

How many people have been coming lately?

m03
07-19-2008, 02:07 AM
I finally am here in LA visiting, but I didn't bring my physical decks, sorry.

I might visit if there's nothing to do around here one day if anyone is willing to lend me a deck to playtest or play in the tournament. :smile:

How many people have been coming lately?

If you can come Saturday (or possibly Sunday), I'll have an extra UW Dreadstill deck available, as well as a variant of When Elves Attack!, that's only short 2 Cradles.

We had 9 at the last Knightware tournament, and 7 at the last get together at Toy Mandala.

xsockmonkeyx
07-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Well, I dont think im gonna make the Knightware tourney. It start half hour from now, and I live an hour away. Besides, Im still not done around here today, meh. Ill try to make the one tomarrow at TM.

@Isumaru: I have plenty of spare decks and a sideboard folder. Ill bring what I can in case you need something to play.

xsockmonkeyx
07-27-2008, 01:13 PM
So I missed last week because I was sick (PROTIP: stay away from Jalapenos) and this week Craig is busy, so I can't split the cost of gas. Thereby, Im lame so Craig and I will be back next week. I have a new deck I want to try too :/

Isamaru
07-27-2008, 03:31 PM
I couldn't make it to either this time around, but thank you for the kind offers, m03 and monkey :smile:

m03
07-27-2008, 11:57 PM
IIRC, there's another tournament at Knightware this Friday (Aug. 1) at 7PM.

isdepopecatholic
07-28-2008, 12:51 AM
How many do you think will show up to that? I've gone to one, but I was the only guy who even came.

m03
07-28-2008, 01:38 AM
How many do you think will show up to that? I've gone to one, but I was the only guy who even came.

Since I've been going (every event since March or April), the least I've seen show up is 6, the most was 10 or 11 IIRC. The average has been about 8.

joey223
08-03-2008, 10:22 AM
hello all

well its sunday and we will try for a legacy tourney today at 2 pm.
i should be able to attend barring anything crazy coming up.

hope to see you all there!

also if anyone has extra decks please bring them in case somebody needs to borrow them for the tourney.

m03
08-03-2008, 06:51 PM
No luck for me, as I'll be busy the next couple of Sundays.

joey223
08-05-2008, 03:24 AM
well we had 6 on sunday and had a tourney.started a little late but we got it done.hopefully attendance will improve.if your in the area stop in on sunday.
start time 2pm
studio city
knight ware
818-769-7830

m03
08-12-2008, 06:11 PM
There's another Knightware tournament this Saturday (August 16th) at 5:00PM.

I haven't been able to make the Sunday tournaments at Toy Mandala for a couple of weeks. Anyone have any reports, new faces, etc.?

xsockmonkeyx
08-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Craig kinda flaked on me this week. We'll see what happens next Sunday.

I went 3-0 (6-0-0) 2 weeks ago with ThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThresh

joey223
08-16-2008, 06:57 AM
well we had 4 last sunday.no tourney but we playtested and tweaked decks
and still had some fun.so if you are free this sundays stop in.

toy mandala
sherman oaks,california
2 pm start time

818 990 3007

BTW: congrats on your finish john.hope to see you sunday
also there is a legacy tourney at knightware this saturday
call the store for details and start time

(818) 769-7830
3709 Cahuenga Blvd
Studio City, CA

m03
08-16-2008, 11:09 AM

(818) 769-7830
3709 Cahuenga Blvd
Studio City, CA

Be aware that they're remodelling this week (I dropped by to pick up singles last night and noticed), so if the front looks empty, come in anyway. The register, singles, shelves, etc are in the back temporarily.

Also, since I feel like running control today, my combo decks (TES, and any build of Fetchland Tendrils you want) will be available to whoever wants to play them.

The tournament is at 5PM.

xsockmonkeyx
08-17-2008, 05:15 AM
BTW: congrats on your finish john.hope to see you sunday

Dont worry man, we'll be there tomorrow. Craig had to go to dinner with his folks tonight, so no dice.

xsockmonkeyx
08-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Report:

Had 6 today. Went 3-0 (6-1-0) with Thresh again to take it down. Beat Deadguyish Ale 2-1, Solidarity 2-0, and Doran Survival 2-0.

Next week we will be at Knightware for the Sunday tourney instead of Toy Mandela. Joey made the announcement today.

joey223
08-25-2008, 04:09 PM
hello all

well we moved the sunday legacy tourney to knight ware in studio city

i have edited the the posts to reflect the change

and congrats again john(i see a pattern developing)on your win last week.

we had 5 yesterday. no tourney but we playtested and traded. all in all still a good day.

hope to see everyone sunday.

joey223
09-06-2008, 05:28 AM
hey how was the turnout last sunday at knight ware?

i could not make it.
my friends called me last minute for our annual fantasy football draft.
hopefully i will be there this sunday.

m03
09-06-2008, 01:39 PM
hey how was the turnout last sunday at knight ware?

i could not make it.
my friends called me last minute for our annual fantasy football draft.
hopefully i will be there this sunday.

We had 9.

Judging by how well it went, I'm expecting more this Sunday.

xsockmonkeyx
09-08-2008, 01:45 AM
We had car problems. How did it go this week?

m03
09-08-2008, 02:23 AM
We had car problems. How did it go this week?

I was there for all of five minutes and then had to leave (I wasn't going to be able to stick around the whole time anyway), but there were 7 there when I left.

m03
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
We had 8 show this past Sunday. I got 3rd (again) with Control Slaver, winning against Combo Elves and The Rock, but losing 0-2 to an impressive Enchantress build running Eureka, Mind Over Matter, and Helix Pinnacle.

Top-4 was Enchantress, Death & Taxes, Control Slaver, and Belcher (IIRC).

Previous Sunday had 9 in attendance, with T-4 looking something like Death & Taxes, UBGW Landstill, Fetchland Tendrils (me), and UGR Dreadstill (IIRC).

mtg_freak
10-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Note that there is a tournament at Knight Ware this Friday. It wasn't up on their website earlier, but it is now.

joey223
10-07-2008, 10:01 PM
well i think we are back on for this sunday seeing how all the alara stuff is over.but just to be sure just call the store

knight ware
818-769-7830

xsockmonkeyx
10-08-2008, 03:08 AM
well i think we are back on for this sunday seeing how all the alara stuff is over.but just to be sure just call the store

knight ware
818-769-7830

It was Legacy on the big board when we went 2 weeks ago and they had the prerelease instead (:mad: RAAAAAGE). These are things which would be nice to find out in this thread, no? At least I was reminded why I hate those retarded formats and the basement dwellers that play them.

I want to be there Sunday. I do. I really do. But the amount of fail to get there lately has been pretty ridiculous, to the point of pissing me off, so I cant realistically guarantee anything.

~monkey

P.S. Fuck T2 and Draft players. Fuck them all.

Krieg
10-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Sorry for the confusion with the PreRelease/Launch Party

Knight Ware Legacy schedule for October, 2008

Sunday 10/12/2008 2 PM
Saturday 10/18/2008 5 PM
Sunday 10/19/2008 2 PM
Sunday 10/26/2008 2 PM