What:
$500 CASH Legacy Tournament

Where:
Die Hard Games
1005 Main St - Suite 2230
Pawtucket, RI

When:
June 21st, 2008

Registration starts at 10:00 AM, tournament will start between 11:30 - 12:00.

Entry Fee:
$20

DCI Santioned:
YES

Prize Structure:
1: $250
2: $125
3: $75
4: $50
5-8: TBA

Side Events:

Super Smash Brothers Throw Down

$5.00 buck entry single elim. Prize support is scaled to how many people want to throw down and show off their Brawl skillz.

Its that time of the month guys, we had an awesome turnout at the last magic 500 and we're hoping to have an even more badass one this time.

Questions? Contact the store at 401-312-3407 or 401-374-0921 or post questions here

Stooghenstein
06-07-2008, 07:15 AM
These are fun but at the moment i am currently undecided

insertnamehere
06-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Hmmmm.Don't know either. Will def. think about it.

technogeek5000
06-07-2008, 09:45 AM
will try as hard as I can. I sugest everyone do their very best to make it to this as the last one was loads of fun.

KillemallCFH
06-07-2008, 11:26 AM
I agree that the last one was a great time. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend. I have to save my money for Hadley the following week.

Dxfiler
06-08-2008, 02:33 PM
It's the store's third event and I'm going for top 8 #3! Come and get me! :p

- Dave

P.S. Javi put the date in the title thread you n00b

Jaynel
06-08-2008, 02:36 PM
:frown:

Can't make this one either. Magic seems to be going on a little hiatus for now.

HammafistRoob
06-08-2008, 09:07 PM
You should probably give us a sense of what 5th-8th is going to look like, last time sucked.

Dxfiler
06-08-2008, 10:07 PM
You should probably give us a sense of what 5th-8th is going to look like, last time sucked.

I have to defend the store here.

When you enter a tournament like this, it's pretty much known that the big prizes are going to be top 4 or better. I knew that going into the first one, and I lost in top 8 winning just a pack. It wasn't a big deal to me because I knew the store only broke even and they gave out everything as advertised.

$20 entry for $500 guaranteed cash regardless of turnout is a very nice thing.
5th-8th for the last one got $15 each. Granted it's not anywhere near what top 4 got (splitting $500), but it's a step up from the first event and that was because they had more people.

It's pretty simple that the more people they get the more they'll be able to give. Also they're still new to running tourneys and you have to keep that in mind. Feedback is good and this store listens to it better than most, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say 'prizes sucked' because honestly if you made top 4 you probably wouldn't be saying that. Still, I understand where you're coming from and I did suggest to the store to try and give out at least entry fee back next time... if they are able. It's important to remember that they're running a buisness and they need 25 people just to break even.

I don't know what the store will give out for 5th-8th next time but I think it's safe to say people will be happy. I have faith in the store and their tourneys get better every time. The flip side of the coin is you can't always make everyone happy and people who make top 4 are naturally going to make more than those who lose in top 8. I think it's important to keep that in perspective when talking about prize support.

Roob it'd be a shame if you didn't come to the next one but I definitely understand your point of view. All I can say is that I've supported the store since day 1 because they go out of their way to make sure things are done the right way. I have full confidence that they will continue to do that and their tourneys will get better every month because of it.

Hopefully see you there.

- Dave

Stooghenstein
06-08-2008, 11:19 PM

When you enter a tournament like this, it's pretty much known that the big prizes are going to be top 4 or better. I knew that going into the first one, and I lost in top 8 winning just a pack. It wasn't a big deal to me because I knew the store only broke even and they gave out everything as advertised.

5th-8th for the last one got $15 each. Granted it's not anywhere near what top 4 got (splitting $500), but it's a step up from the first event and that was because they had more people.

It's pretty simple that the more people they get the more they'll be able to give. Also they're still new to running tourneys and you have to keep that in mind. Feedback is good and this store listens to it better than most, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say 'prizes sucked' because honestly if you made top 4 you probably wouldn't be saying that. Still, I understand where you're coming from and I did suggest to the store to try and give out at least entry fee back next time... if they are able. It's important to remember that they're running a buisness and they need 25 people just to break even.

I don't know what the store will give out for 5th-8th next time but I think it's safe to say people will be happy. I have faith in the store and their tourneys get better every time. The flip side of the coin is you can't always make everyone happy and people who make top 4 are naturally going to make more than those who lose in top 8. I think it's important to keep that in perspective when talking about prize support.

Roob it'd be a shame if you didn't come to the next one but I definitely understand your point of view. All I can say is that I've supported the store since day 1 because they go out of their way to make sure things are done the right way. I have full confidence that they will continue to do that and their tourneys will get better every month because of it.

Hopefully see you there.

- Dave

We get what you're trying to say but to you know lose 5 dollars for top 8ing doesn't happen at any other tournament, I'm a big fan of these tournaments, atm undecided

HammafistRoob
06-08-2008, 11:23 PM

Hopefully see you there.

- Dave

I understand where you and the store are coming from, I just think it would be better for the turnout if 5th-8th prizes were announced prior to the tournament. I just feel like since I made top8 in a 34 player tournament, I should at least make my money back in cash. 15 in credit just seemed kinda underwhelming, but again I can see through the eyes of the owners.

I should be seeing you there Dave, maybe next time you can beat me.:smile:

EDIT-
We get what you're trying to say but to you know lose 5 dollars for top 8ing doesn't happen at any other tournament, I'm a big fan of these tournaments

QFT

Slay
06-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Not only will I win this, but I'll look cooler than you doing it.

TS&L 4 lyf fuck tha haterz
-Slay

Lego
06-09-2008, 10:27 AM
There's no excuse for the entire Top 8 to not at least get back the entry fee in cash. $500 cash means that you need 25 people to show up. When 34 people show up, if you split $500 to top 4, and give 5-8 their entry fee back, you're still up $100, plus whatever you sold at the store for the day.

I won't be making this one.

Shriekmaw
06-09-2008, 10:55 AM

If you're not going to even make it then why throw in your 2 cents?

I would like to see 5-8th at least get some kind of prize support, but as long as its advertised before the tournament on what 5-8 will get, then I don't think there can be a lot of complaining.

You know going in what the prize structure will be, so if you do make top 8 and lose, then tough. If you don't like the structure then don't show up.

These tournaments should be fun for the people that enjoy the game.

As a player I rather see the prize support increased for top 4 than giving a payout to the other places. The winner should be rewarded the most for cash tournaments.

Morphling420
06-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Thank god lego is not coming he is such a loser. Totally attempted to ruin a good time with his rediculous school girl antics and foolish behavior. This should be a great time as DHG always puts on the best tournys as for those who bitch about the 5th through 8th payout i can understand your frustration however DHG does do there best to accomidate the players in every way possible if you guys fell this should be different let your opinions be heard but keep in mind that this is a new store and that was only there second big tourny for legacy. There is the other option as well of just making sure you do better then 5th. Anyway ill see you all there peace.

Shriekmaw
06-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Thank god lego is not coming he is such a loser. Totally attempted to ruin a good time with his rediculous school girl antics and foolish behavior.

I second that statement where ever I play a magic tournament.

Enjoy the event for all that decide to go.

HammafistRoob
06-09-2008, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=nickrit2000;240999] I would like to see 5-8th at least get some kind of prize support, but as long as its advertised before the tournament on what 5-8 will get, then I don't think there can be a lot of complaining.[QUOTE]

It wasn't advertised, that's why there is some complaining. But there isn't much to do about it except show up at the next one and win, so thats what I will do.

Also, are you coming to this?

Michael Keller
06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I would like to, but the Hadley one is the week after.

technogeek5000
06-09-2008, 04:02 PM
People need to stop hating on each other. Lego plays tight, not assholish. I actually enjoy playing him because they are always the best games I ever play the whole tournament (well atleast the second to last one *grumbles about reverent silence*).

Stop with the negativity people, seriously. Why cant we just be a positive community where everyone justs respects each other for how they play as long as it doesnt interrupt the gameplay of others? Really (dont give: "because Lego stinks and I hate him" as a answer... because thats exactly what Im talking about).

scrumdogg
06-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Dammit to working on Saturdays....these guys sound like EXACTLY the kind of store owners all Magic players should hope for - responsive, eager to run (major) events, with an awesome store & venue. So perhaps a more positive tone about perceived areas of improvement would lead to A) those areas being improved without B) the owners coming to believe that all Magic players are self-absorbed, whining assholes (which decreases people's motivation to do nice things, for some reason). Sooner or later I will be able to swap a shift & make one of these (years of league bowling FTW....).

Michael Keller
06-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't have anything against the guy, but sometimes when you cause "irreparable" damage to somebody in some way, shape, or form, sometimes people unfortunately hold grudges. What can you do.

technogeek5000
06-09-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't have anything against the guy, but sometimes when you cause "irreparable" damage to somebody in some way, shape, or form, sometimes people unfortunately hold grudges. What can you do.

:confused:

Jaynel
06-09-2008, 04:07 PM
People need to stop hating on each other. Lego plays tight, not assholish. I actually enjoy playing him because they are always the best games I ever play the whole tournament (well atleast the last one *grumbles about reverant silence*).

Stop with the negativity people, seriously. Why cant we just be a positive community where everyone justs respects each other for how they play as long as it doesnt interrupt the gameplay of others? Really (dont give a: "because Lego stinks and I hate him" as a answer... because thats exactly what Im talking about).

Seriously. I'd like to think that as a developed Eternal community, we wouldn't have to see this stuff.

Shriekmaw
06-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Also, are you coming to this?

The drive out there isn't worth making the trip down for myself anyways.

I'm sure it would be a lot of fun, but since Syracuse travels like no other place we do have to take breaks once in awhile.

Stooghenstein
06-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Not only will I win this, but I'll look cooler than you doing it.

TS&L 4 lyf fuck tha haterz
-Slay

LOL

Michael Keller
06-09-2008, 05:52 PM
:confused:

I'm just guessing, is all.

insertnamehere
06-09-2008, 09:49 PM
:eek: Lego won't be there?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That makes up my mind. I will save my gas money for the trip.

In regards for this tourney not listing 5th - 8th, I don't think it should matter because they are giving out $500 no matter what. My goal is to make top 4 (I prob won't though) or have fun which I always do.

Now taking names from WMASS for a ride to Prov. PM me. Gas money will be collected before we leave to Prov.

technogeek5000
06-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Woops, checked my schedule. Techno wont be attending.

"5 minute travel to go play competitive brawl with my friends and make a almost guaranteed 80 bucks" > "2+ hour drive to play Magic (very good magic Ill say)"

Lego
06-10-2008, 12:59 AM
:eek: Lego won't be there?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That makes up my mind. I will save my gas money for the trip.

Wait wait, Bill is coming? Oh man, I'll be there!

Dxfiler
06-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Wait wait, Bill is coming? Oh man, I'll be there!

I liked your first post better :rolleyes:

- Dave :p

Ebinsugewa
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I wish the tournament was bowling or Halo and not Brawl :(

DHG(Diehard Games)
06-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Allright guys, the voice of the Legacy community has been heard!

$20 store credit for less than 34 people.

$20 CASH for 34-39 people

$25 CASH for 40+ people

I have no problem doing this, but the original intent was this: this tourney was designed to bring out the best of the Legacy community, hence the reason the top 4 payout is so heavy. I wanted to create an environment where is was top 4 or bust. And keep in mind, even though it hasn't been an issue at any of our events because we've been blessed with tremendous attendance, our $500 is GUARANTEED. This can't be overlooked. If we hold a tourney and only 16 people show, we hand out $500 to the top 4. Who else does that? Anyone who got that prize for making top 4 of a 16 person Legacy event wouldn't be "underwhelmed". :cool:

Thanks again to everyone who supports this event, we appreciate it (drama and all!)

P.S. Told you you'd make top 4 Dave! :tongue:

Mirrislegend
06-11-2008, 08:47 PM
I'll try to make it, with whatever is my least janky deck at that time. And I'll have that shiney goyf for trade again. Cmon people, pimp that deck. Two regular goyfs for one bling goyf. Its like 2 cubic zirconia for a fucking diamond! A perfect, never-played diamond!

Lego
06-11-2008, 10:05 PM

This is really awesome! You guys are really cool, and I'm definitely impressed with these tournaments :) Unfortunately, I'll be moving, so I won't be able to make this one, but I'll do my best to come to the next!

Stooghenstein
06-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Not Going

Dxfiler
06-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Am going :cool:

- Dave

technogeek5000
06-15-2008, 05:35 PM
just keep on running these and ill make as many as I can

insertnamehere
06-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I will be there as long as my vacation allows.

Rood
06-16-2008, 01:29 AM
I'll be there with vanele.

insertnamehere
06-17-2008, 09:41 PM
I will be there as long as my vacation allows.

I am bringing 2 or 3 people, Sadly I will be working down the street from the tournament and won't be done until after round 2 which technically knocks me out of any chance at anything. I will be there afterwards though.

J.V.
06-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I'm not going to this one, I have work.

Dxfiler
06-18-2008, 02:32 AM
I am bringing 2 or 3 people, Sadly I will be working down the street from the tournament and won't be done until after round 2 which technically knocks me out of any chance at anything. I will be there afterwards though.

Bah Bill. Skip work :p

That's awesome you're still bringing people despite not being able to play.

I know some people coming who have not been any magic 500's previously. While I don't want to divulge identities, they're very good players and one of them just won the 4x workshop tourney :x

Despite some regulars not being able to make it this time around (glares at jan) I have a feeling this will be the hardest magic 500 yet. Looking forward to it!

- Dave

J.V.
06-18-2008, 02:28 PM
I know some people coming who have not been any magic 500's previously. While I don't want to divulge identities, they're very good players and one of them just won the 4x workshop tourney :x
Aw! Ross is going!? I'm gonna try again to get work off.

Michael Keller
06-18-2008, 02:36 PM
What are the turnouts for these events, in particular, this one?

J.V.
06-18-2008, 02:41 PM
What are the turnouts for these events, in particular, this one?

First one had 25. The second had 34. And the Store is the Tits!

Michael Keller
06-18-2008, 02:44 PM
So, how many can we guess that will be there this time?

J.V.
06-18-2008, 03:55 PM
35+ most likely.

Michael Keller
06-18-2008, 04:07 PM
In that instance, is the prize structure altered? At 20 dollars a head and a minimum of 35 people, that's 700 dollars - 200 beyond the flat-line cash prize support total. I know the store is looking to make money, but that (the initial prize support) seems a little low based on a turnout like that.

Typically stores make the extra money off the littler things like sleeves and singles off visitors, not the entry fees into a tournament at that amount.

insertnamehere
06-18-2008, 04:27 PM
In that instance, is the prize structure altered? At 20 dollars a head and a minimum of 35 people, that's 700 dollars - 200 beyond the flat-line cash prize support total. I know the store is looking to make money, but that (the initial prize support) seems a little low based on a turnout like that.

Typically stores make the extra money off the littler things like sleeves and singles off visitors, not the entry fees into a tournament at that amount.

Here you go.

$20 store credit for less than 34 people.

$20 CASH for 34-39 people

$25 CASH for 40+ people:

Michael Keller
06-18-2008, 04:46 PM
5 hours, eh? I could use some good tunes and a drive...

HammafistRoob
06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
O SNIZZAP!!!

insertnamehere
06-18-2008, 06:58 PM

Hmmm, I could always be sick and say I can't work(even though I drive past it to get to the DHG.

Michael Keller
06-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Of course, it's either this or GP: Indy.

Ebinsugewa
06-19-2008, 01:44 PM

Is there really even a choice here?

RoddyVR
06-19-2008, 02:17 PM
anyone from around worcester going/wants to go? i just filled up this morning with >$4/gal gas for the first time (been lucky for a while finding 3.99 stations, lol) and it gave me an ulcer.

I'll probably go even if i have to drive by myself, but would prefer to get a few bucks off someone for giving them a ride (or would pay my share if someone wants to give me a ride).

HammafistRoob
06-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Dude, I'm not going to be at GP Indy. So I don't see why you would want to be there.

Sanguine Voyeur
06-19-2008, 02:25 PM
i just filled up this morning with >$4/gal gas for the first timeUgg, forgot about that.

WTF petroleum?

Michael Keller
06-19-2008, 02:33 PM
This is going to cut it close. Next week is the Hadley tournament. I'm going to map things out with funds and such and I'll see what I can do.

theross
06-20-2008, 02:01 AM
- Dave

I'm kind of put off by this lavish praise Dave. I just never knew you felt this way about me before. :wink:
Also, it's hard to legitimately describe the group coming this Saturday as "very good" when it includes Jeff Kawigiasjkkvljvjidoskjfkrandomasdklfqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqjdsoijslastajhdiosfajdnameiwik (I think the third "f" might be an "&").
(Although if this were a Cribbage tournament he would carry our team on the back of his gigantic luck sack)

insertnamehere
06-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Does anyone west of exit 10A need a ride to this event.The people I was going with bailed on me.

J.V.
06-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Garrett (Vanele) just called me, there are only 12 players! They are doing 5 rounds with cut to top 4. Currently they are in Round 2.

Known Sourcers there and their records:
HammafistRoob: 2-0
Roodmistah: 2-0
Vanele: 1-1
DxFiler: 1-1
RoddyVR: ?-?
Lego_Army_Man: ?-?

Slay
06-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I can confirm the only 12 people showing. WTF, Legacy?

I went 0-1-1 with Survival, because i suck at magic.
-Slay

Sanguine Voyeur
06-21-2008, 05:38 PM
There are a number of potential reasons for small attendance; gas prices, summer plans, forgetfulness, also, it's a free Team Fortress 2 weekend. Nerds like online games.

Maagler
06-21-2008, 06:35 PM
wow that sucks I hope they don't stop having these.

kabal
06-21-2008, 08:22 PM
What was the final result?

theross
06-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Recently got back from the event. The turnout was pretty disappointing with people saving for Hadley and possibly the Tewksbury Vintage event drawing some players. I give them a ton of respect for still giving out the advertised 500 cash for top4 and this alone should motivate more people to start supporting this store. Venue was nice and clean, they provided pizza at a very reasonable price, and the event ran generally smoothly with an understandable late start to see if others would show up. These guys need to be shown more support so they can be confident in guaranteeing these prizes in the future.

Top 4 was HammafistRoob with Sui-Black, Roodmistah with Dreadstill, DxFiler with Sui-Black, and TPS's Cory Szamir (Probably just ruined that name, sorry Cory) with Merfolk. Feinstein took Roodmistah down and HammafistRoob won the other top4 match, both matches finishing in a close 3. In the end, Feinstein and Roob split while Roodmistah won the consolation match for 3rd.

insertnamehere
06-21-2008, 10:55 PM
I also showed and went 1-3. I drove all the way from Western MA to play picking up Roddy on the way. All I have to say is if you are not going to show up for the tournament that don't put in your 2 cents about how they run/don't run their tournaments. These guys are running a top notch tournament that can only be compared to Off The Wall's events. How many other tournaments would guarantee $500 regardless of how many people would show up. IMO if you say you are going to be there, then show up, don't piss and moan about something if you aren't even going to show support to the guys at DHG. I have already promised I will be there for the next one, unless of some kind of family emergency.

Swing4Five
06-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Well run venue, I had had fun rockin' a couple thrown together drafts after I scrubbed hardcore (hurr Alluren works for both sides of the table); I'll be going in the future.

Dxfiler
06-22-2008, 12:41 AM
It's nothing short of a shame that more people didn't go to this, particularly the ones who made demands non-stop (and the store met them) yet those same people still didn't come. If people want consistent legacy tournaments in New England they need to support them... particularly the goddamn good ones.

If I sound a little mad... I am :p DHG constantly goes above and beyond expectations and yet again delivered. They gave out the full $500 despite taking a bath and the owners were still chipper as always. If people ever wondered why I went out of my way to support this store when I never really endorsed any other store in the 14 years I've been playing... THIS IS WHY.

So yeah, I split with Roob in finals but I'm none too pleased that more people didn't show for this. My hope is that people come to their senses and go to the next one... which I hope is sooner rather than later but if the store held off on running one for a while I wouldn't blame them one bit.

Anywho, that ends my Angry-stein rant.

I'll now revert back to Happy-stein.

Here's my list =D

// Lands
4 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
4 [TE] Wasteland
9 [MM] Swamp
4 [4E] Mishra's Factory

// Creatures
4 [RAV] Dark Confidant
4 [TO] Mesmeric Fiend
1 [FUT] Tombstalker
4 [UD] Phyrexian Negator
3 [10E] Hypnotic Specter

// Spells
4 [IA] Dark Ritual
3 [7E] Duress
4 [LRW] Thoughtseize
2 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte
4 [ON] Smother
3 [OD] Ghastly Demise
3 [JU] Cabal Therapy

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [GP] Leyline of the Void
SB: 4 [UL] Engineered Plague
SB: 2 [SOK] Pithing Needle
SB: 3 [UD] Powder Keg
SB: 2 [PLC] Extirpate

This list shouldn't come as a shock to any regulars on this forum. I modeled it after Roob's version of Sui because it looked good. Testing showed it was. I made some tweaks here and there but I definitely give credit to Roob's version of the deck. He deserves it and I can't get away with giving no credit here because even though I ripped off my elves list as well Roob is not an anonymous European :p

Teh fiends were solid. I had hymns in there originally but double black was tricky and if i'm going to run jitte main then the four more guys made sense. Extirpate replaced Perish at the last minute and god am I glad I had the sense to put it in somewhere. They were clutch against Rodney in my semis match. That was probably the best match I've had in months... and I play ALOT of magic :p

It was a fun deck but probably will just end up being the flavor of the month for me. I like to mix it up and this fit my aggressive tendencies enough. Anyone looking for a reasonably cheap but competitive deck should definitely look into it.

Well that's all I have for now. The event was stellar... again. It was great seeing everyone who was there and I know even though the turnout was far too small I can safely tell you that the owners were happy and appreciative at those who did actually show.

To those who skipped this for whatever reason: You missed out.

- Dave

J.V.
06-22-2008, 01:08 AM
I figured I'd post Roob's list since I know the list off the top of my head... Also Dave did you and Roob play it out for the glory? If so, who won?

Lands:20
4 Mishra's Factory
4 Wasteland
3 Bloodstained Mire
9 Swamp

Creatures:13
4 Phyrexian Negator
4 Dark Confidant
4 Hypnotic Specter
1 Tombstalker

Noncreature Spells:27
4 Dark Ritual
4 Smother
4 Thoughtseize
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Duress
3 Ghastly Demise
3 Extirpate
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Sideboard:15
4 Leyline of The Void
4 Engineered Plague
3 Pithing Needle
3 Powder Keg
1 Duress
--------------------------------
And Rodney Played:
Lands:21
4 Mishra's Factory
3 Wasteland
3 Flooded Strand
3 Polluted Delta
2 Volcanic Island
6 Island

Creatures:7
4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
3 Trinket Mage

Noncreature Spells:32
4 Brainstorm
4 Standstill
4 Force of Will
4 Daze
4 Stifle
3 Spell Snare
3 Counterbalance
2 Trickbind
2 Engineered Explosives
2 Sensei's Divining Top

Sideboard:15
3 Blue Elemental Blast
3 Red Elemental Blast
3 Tormod's Crypt
2 Pithing Needle
2 Pyroclasm
2 Echoing Truth

Dxfiler
06-22-2008, 01:24 AM
We did not play it out but it's worth noting he was my only loss. He got me round two when my confidant exploded in my face revealing Tombstalker :p

Rob's only loss was to Merfolk... which came out of nowhere and I did not think was a viable deck but Corey proved otherwise. Even though Rob won the rematch in top 4 I was impressed greatly by Corey's merdeck. Big props to him and Ross can you post his listzors?

- Dave

KillemallCFH
06-22-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm very interested in seeing that Merfolk list. I brought Merfolk to the last DHG event and went a somewhat disappointing 3-3 (due mainly to my round 3 opponent winning on the back of a crucial blind CB), but I am certain that it is fully capable of succeeding in Legacy.

I'm sorry the attendance was so poor, but I really felt it was just bad timing. There was a T1 tournament the same day, and the Hadley tournament is next week. As for me, today was my friend's father's book signing, and my brother was working anyways, so I would've been the only one from Stoughton that could've showed up (assuming I'd be able to get a ride), and I figured supporting my friend's dad was more important than slinging cardboard.

Michael Keller
06-22-2008, 03:21 AM
I would've shown up, but with the Hadley tournament next week and gas and my car being fixed, there was no way I could feasibly show up anyway. I'm sorry to hear the turnout wasn't savage. The people out there should be supporting it, however.

HammafistRoob
06-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Roob's list
Wrong, you know I never keep it the same. Pretty damn close though.
SB/ -1 Duress, -1 Needle, -1 PKeg, +3 Darkblast

It was worth it too, I sided them in a shitton.
Here is a breakdown of my rounds
Round1- Jeff K(Swing4five??) w/ Aluren
I win 2-0
Round 2- Dave F(Dxfiler) w/ Sui Black
I win 2-0
Round 3- Cory(idk) w/ mono u Merfolk
I get screwed both games, 0-2
Round 4:cry: - Garrett W(vanele) with mono U Faeries
I win 2-1
Round 5- Rodney H(Roodmistah) with UR Dreadstill
ID

Top 4- Cory(idk) w/ mono U Merfolk(REMATCH!!!)
Game 1: I make him crack his own Standstill and win via massive CA.
Game 2: He plays the Aggro role here and I lack removal.
Game 3: I mull to 5 and win via his play errors and my lack of.

Top2- Dave F(Dxfiler) w/ Sui Black
I think about playing it out, but Dave wants draft and food, I want shitty cards for my PILE so we split.

I can't say enough about this stores Die Hardness(no homo). 12!!!!! players showed up and they still shelled out the whole 500, they also made sure food was available all day. AND they went out of their way to help me and my team find shitty commons for our PILE format.

Here's my list =D

// Lands
4 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
YOU LIE!!!

This list shouldn't come as a shock to any regulars on this forum. I modeled it after Roob's version of Sui because it looked good. Testing showed it was. I made some tweaks here and there but I definitely give credit to Roob's version of the deck. He deserves it and I can't get away with giving no credit here because even though I ripped off my elves list as well Roob is not an anonymous European :p
Dave, you played the deck well and I am just happy to have people in MA interested in the archetype again, it is VERY good.

theross
06-23-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't have the list off the top of my head but most of the choices are pretty standard, although he didn't play brainstorm, which if he listens to me, he will be playing in the future. The list had Back to Basics which he never cast and are thus in all likelihood getting cut. The rest of the deck is standard merfolk guys, vial, FoW, Standstill. The deck then plays fetches, islands, mutavaults, and wastes.

Swing4Five
06-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Round1- Jeff K(Swing4five??) w/ Aluren
I win 2-0

Nope, I was slingin' Survival.

theross
06-25-2008, 12:13 AM
The Jeff K listed as playing Aluren is TPS's own Jeff Kowalczyk. As far as I know he is not registered on the Source.

insertnamehere
07-13-2008, 05:38 PM
When is the next one?

Maagler
07-13-2008, 09:00 PM
good question. will they even be having a next one since the turnout last time was so bad?

HammafistRoob
07-13-2008, 10:20 PM
They said it will probably be some time mid-late August. I'd keep an eye out for a thread in the next week or so.