A Gem

1. Pinder
    Pinder
    "Playing the old build on account of not having the cards. It's been outdated for a long time, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it. Nobody I know just carries Vexing Sphinx's around." -Forbiddian

That's because they're bad.

Discuss.
  2. Phoenix Ignition
    Phoenix Ignition
    You underestimate the ability to kill off your own creature in case of a Bridge from Below being in the opponent's graveyard. That was the major reason for having Court Hussar!
  3. Phoenix Ignition
    Phoenix Ignition
    "I agree that you should be additionally scared that sphinx be removed, because you stand to not only lose the 4/4, but to lose cards drawn yet. But if you replace sphinx with efreet, you will most definitely not draw cards. It's like someone presents like a 50/50 shot at $100,000,000, and you're like: well if I took that, then I'd be biting my fingernails, so I'll just deny it."
    Playing Vexing Sphinx is like a 50/50 shot at 100 million dollars. Yes, that comparison was just made.

"Sphinx is only bad when your hand is full of goodies, in which case you should win anyway. Most decks in the format fold to UWT if UWT is holding 3 or 4 threats."
    I guess the game plan of uwt is to hold on to 3 to 4 'goodies,' to win. Funny that I've never seen the deck do better than 50/50 at any tournament here, but to its credit all the people playing it weren't just keeping 3 or 4 threats in their hands to force the opponent's scoop, they were actively playing garbage cards onto the battlefield.
  4. Skeggi
    Skeggi
    Seriously, there's just no reasoning with pi4. I try some friendly remarks and he takes it so personal he flames me down with more bad arguments. I better stop before this happens...