Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: [Deck] Dread Stalker

Dan
    Sep 2008
    NoVA

Re: [Deck] Dread Stalker

What makes this better than Team America?

If you're referring to my build...

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...&postcount=135

Well, playing an actual reasonable number of threats for one. As compared to the downright anemic eight threats that TA plays.

In a format where every decent deck plays 4 StP/Snuff Out and 2-4 other removal spells, playing just 8 threats is just asking to get screwed over by poor topdecks.

Also, being able to swing with a 12/12 trampler is a nice pro too.

What Caption Hammer said and also the ability to win vers decks that only run basics like Mono blue control etc. My brother tried out Team America and he often had to sit on cards like Wastelands or late game he would draw a sinkhole and lose when he was looking for a threat.

Now I am a little confused on how Vision Charm works when it comes to changing the lands. If someone has a Underground Sea out and a you name swamps to like mountains can they still tap the Underground Sea for blue?

Dan
    Sep 2008
    NoVA

If the only difference is threat density vs mana denial, you'd think they'd be part of the same archetype.

Random thought: wouldn't Submerge + Vision Charm be tech (especially vs low threat density decks, lulz)?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank The Tank View Post
    Now I am a little confused on how Vision Charm works when it comes to changing the lands. If someone has a Underground Sea out and a you name swamps to like mountains can they still tap the Underground Sea for blue?
    Because Vision Charm doesn't say "becomes ... in addition to their other types", it will overwrite all land types. So, no, in that scenario, a Sea couldn't tap for .

sure Submerge might be tech but what would you take out for it? Snuff Out? I personally would rather kill the creature then bounce it. You could toss it in the side but then what do you take out?

The typical side for this deck is

3 - EEs
    4 - K Grips
    4 - Tormod's Crypts
    4 - Needles.

Look, it's a picture of Daze!
    Jan 2007
    Vienna, Austria

I don't think the deck needs Crypts in the sideboard unless you're expecting a fair number of Ichorid. Since it is a tempo deck, you're not afraid of recursion which slows the opponent down (and if they have enough mana and time to use recursion, you're already far behind), and there aren't decks around that use the graveyard for speed (Welder, Breakfast). What would you side them in against? I'd not side them against Aggro Loam because the only use would be making Terravore smaller (them playing two mana every turn to use a card that doesn't immediately affect the board (Loam) should make you happy). I'd not side them against Intuition control. I could maybe see it against opposing 'Stalkers, but seeing as most of those decks run green, I would probably much rather see Submerge in those matchups.
    georgjorge
    Geistreich sind schon die anderen.

Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    If the only difference is threat density vs mana denial, you'd think they'd be part of the same archetype.

Random thought: wouldn't Submerge + Vision Charm be tech (especially vs low threat density decks, lulz)?

Because Vision Charm doesn't say "becomes ... in addition to their other types", it will overwrite all land types. So, no, in that scenario, a Sea couldn't tap for .
    Are you sure??? There is nothing on Gatherer, but If I read my Revised Underground Sea it has the clausule:

if a spell alters one of these land types, the other land type is unaffected.
    Would be nice if someone could clarify that.

How on earth are you people manage to play the deck on 18 lands?!? I went up to 20 again. The Wastelands can only be used to play Phyrexian Dreadnought, That means you play with 14/15 lands. Isn't there LD in your meta or something.

BB

I run 18 lands but I don't run wastelands. I tried them out and they never seamed to pan out.

Any love for this deck lately in tourneys or is it leaning more towards dreadstill, landstill, threash etc?

Trample, Haste
    Mar 2009
    Italy

I actually like the beginning version without LD, no wastes, no sinkholes and no snuff out, but more thoughtseize, duress, cabal therapy and maybe hymn.. Who needs LD if they have no cards in hand?

(previously Metalwalker)
    Mar 2008
    Houston, TX

This is back to N&D??

I pilote Dread-stalker (with Countertop). I have some personal dislike for the deck, namely the very threat-light density i.e. if either creature is disrupted, we'll fall behind by a lot.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12531

Here is the new thread in the Established forum...

I played a small tourney last weekend and will post the results there.

BB

Thread Information