Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 141 to 148 of 148

Thread: How to get the most out of Ebay

  1. #141
    Zombie Elf Warrior
    danyul's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2004
    Location

    seattle
    Posts

    973

    Re: How to get the most out of Ebay

    Your listing error seemed like an honest mistake. Anybody who would try to hold you to that sale is just trying to abuse the system and fleece you, which is gross and wrong. You both fucked up a little bit. And then ego and greed made things stupider. You should just hold e-hands and be wizard bros and put it behind yall. And it *definitely* shouldn't have come up in this forum. I don't post in the pimp thread when I shark little kids for their fetches.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

  2. #142
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2011
    Location

    Columbus, OH
    Posts

    127

    Re: How to get the most out of Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    Your listing error seemed like an honest mistake. Anybody who would try to hold you to that sale is just trying to abuse the system and fleece you, which is gross and wrong. You both fucked up a little bit. And then ego and greed made things stupider. You should just hold e-hands and be wizard bros and put it behind yall. And it *definitely* shouldn't have come up in this forum. I don't post in the pimp thread when I shark little kids for their fetches.
    I like that idea. Let's all hold e-hands.

  3. #143
    !
    jrsthethird's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2010
    Location

    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts

    1,669

    Re: How to get the most out of Ebay

    I'm just going to vent here:

    I sold a playset of Yavimaya Coasts for $5, and used an old mailing label with my mom's address. Somehow a stamp wasn't enough to cover 4 cards, a sleeve, toploader, sheet of paper, and a PWE (but every other letter mailed that way was fine, fuck you USPS), so they sent it back asking for more postage. By the time it got to my mom (about 10 days), the buyer was already asking me where his cards were. My mom was going to take care of it for me. I checked in with her on Monday and said she was getting a stamp from a coworker and would send it on Tuesday. Buyer just told me he still never got the cards. My mom had the envelope in her bag all week. Great. Hey dude, here's your 5 bucks back and you'll get the cards sometime (whenever my mom gets to the goddamn post office). Don't hate me, it's everyone else who fucked this up and it makes me look like a shitbag.

    Moral - Use up-to-date mailing information.

  4. #144
    Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Phoenix Ignition's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2008
    Location

    North Central CA
    Posts

    2,217

    Re: How to get the most out of Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    Somehow a stamp wasn't enough to cover 4 cards, a sleeve, toploader, sheet of paper, and a PWE.



    it's everyone else who fucked this up and it makes me look like a shitbag.
    I mean... I agree it sucks it happened but blaming everyone but yourself is a funny way to look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick "Tasteless" Plott
    It's a trend on the internet, the internet has just become more and more of an unpleasant place. It's become more and more of bitching on forums, and I'm from that really early internet generation where it's just small communities giving each other advice and reasonable dialogue, and it's kind of just devolved into this ugly, ugly thing. I mean, it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fuckin' whiny bitch on the internet or we'd have a lot of rich community members

  5. #145
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2011
    Location

    Columbus, OH
    Posts

    127

    Re: How to get the most out of Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    I'm just going to vent here:

    I sold a playset of Yavimaya Coasts for $5, and used an old mailing label with my mom's address. Somehow a stamp wasn't enough to cover 4 cards, a sleeve, toploader, sheet of paper, and a PWE (but every other letter mailed that way was fine, fuck you USPS), so they sent it back asking for more postage. By the time it got to my mom (about 10 days), the buyer was already asking me where his cards were. My mom was going to take care of it for me. I checked in with her on Monday and said she was getting a stamp from a coworker and would send it on Tuesday. Buyer just told me he still never got the cards. My mom had the envelope in her bag all week. Great. Hey dude, here's your 5 bucks back and you'll get the cards sometime (whenever my mom gets to the goddamn post office). Don't hate me, it's everyone else who fucked this up and it makes me look like a shitbag.

    Moral - Use up-to-date mailing information.
    eBay just isn't the place to sell $5 auctions. You have to send a bubble mailer with tracking.

  6. #146
    !
    jrsthethird's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2010
    Location

    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts

    1,669

    Re: How to get the most out of Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    I mean... I agree it sucks it happened but blaming everyone but yourself is a funny way to look at it.
    I package all my cards the same way, and most cards I receive are packaged the same. I genuinely think this was a post office error, but if I wasn't cheap and using old labels, I would've been able to fix it myself. I know my mom and this doesn't surprise me. I should have followed through with her every day until it was sent, and I didn't. I know I'm at fault and I owned up to that.

    Just let me vent, god dammit!

    eBay just isn't the place to sell $5 auctions. You have to send a bubble mailer with tracking.
    No you don't.

  7. #147
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    1,741

    Re: How to get the most out of Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    If I wasn't cheap and using old labels, I wouldn't have had any trouble.
    Fixed that for you!




    Don't put down your mom on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    it makes me look like a shitbag.

  8. #148
    !
    jrsthethird's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2010
    Location

    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts

    1,669

    Re: How to get the most out of Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Don't put down your mom on the internet.
    If you happen to find this thread, love you mom! <3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)