Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: How to get the most out of Ebay

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Re: How to get the most out of Ebay

Your listing error seemed like an honest mistake. Anybody who would try to hold you to that sale is just trying to abuse the system and fleece you, which is gross and wrong. You both fucked up a little bit. And then ego and greed made things stupider. You should just hold e-hands and be wizard bros and put it behind yall. And it *definitely* shouldn't have come up in this forum. I don't post in the pimp thread when I shark little kids for their fetches.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Oct 2011
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    Your listing error seemed like an honest mistake. Anybody who would try to hold you to that sale is just trying to abuse the system and fleece you, which is gross and wrong. You both fucked up a little bit. And then ego and greed made things stupider. You should just hold e-hands and be wizard bros and put it behind yall. And it *definitely* shouldn't have come up in this forum. I don't post in the pimp thread when I shark little kids for their fetches.
    I like that idea. Let's all hold e-hands.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

I'm just going to vent here:

I sold a playset of Yavimaya Coasts for $5, and used an old mailing label with my mom's address. Somehow a stamp wasn't enough to cover 4 cards, a sleeve, toploader, sheet of paper, and a PWE (but every other letter mailed that way was fine, fuck you USPS), so they sent it back asking for more postage. By the time it got to my mom (about 10 days), the buyer was already asking me where his cards were. My mom was going to take care of it for me. I checked in with her on Monday and said she was getting a stamp from a coworker and would send it on Tuesday. Buyer just told me he still never got the cards. My mom had the envelope in her bag all week. Great. Hey dude, here's your 5 bucks back and you'll get the cards sometime (whenever my mom gets to the goddamn post office). Don't hate me, it's everyone else who fucked this up and it makes me look like a shitbag.

Moral - Use up-to-date mailing information.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    Somehow a stamp wasn't enough to cover 4 cards, a sleeve, toploader, sheet of paper, and a PWE.

it's everyone else who fucked this up and it makes me look like a shitbag.
    I mean... I agree it sucks it happened but blaming everyone but yourself is a funny way to look at it.

Oct 2011
    Columbus, OH

I'm just going to vent here:

I sold a playset of Yavimaya Coasts for $5, and used an old mailing label with my mom's address. Somehow a stamp wasn't enough to cover 4 cards, a sleeve, toploader, sheet of paper, and a PWE (but every other letter mailed that way was fine, fuck you USPS), so they sent it back asking for more postage. By the time it got to my mom (about 10 days), the buyer was already asking me where his cards were. My mom was going to take care of it for me. I checked in with her on Monday and said she was getting a stamp from a coworker and would send it on Tuesday. Buyer just told me he still never got the cards. My mom had the envelope in her bag all week. Great. Hey dude, here's your 5 bucks back and you'll get the cards sometime (whenever my mom gets to the goddamn post office). Don't hate me, it's everyone else who fucked this up and it makes me look like a shitbag.

Moral - Use up-to-date mailing information.
    eBay just isn't the place to sell $5 auctions. You have to send a bubble mailer with tracking.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    I mean... I agree it sucks it happened but blaming everyone but yourself is a funny way to look at it.
    I package all my cards the same way, and most cards I receive are packaged the same. I genuinely think this was a post office error, but if I wasn't cheap and using old labels, I would've been able to fix it myself. I know my mom and this doesn't surprise me. I should have followed through with her every day until it was sent, and I didn't. I know I'm at fault and I owned up to that.

Just let me vent, god dammit!

eBay just isn't the place to sell $5 auctions. You have to send a bubble mailer with tracking.
    No you don't.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

If I wasn't cheap and using old labels, I wouldn't have had any trouble.
    Fixed that for you!

Don't put down your mom on the internet.
    it makes me look like a shitbag.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Don't put down your mom on the internet.
    If you happen to find this thread, love you mom! <3

Thread Information