Thread: Source Secret Santa 2015 Discussion - Need organizer

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

Source Secret Santa 2015 Discussion - Need organizer

Hey all, as you know it's getting to the time where we would need to start doing the Source Secret Santa. I organized this last year, with it being my first time doing so. For the most part it went very well, though to be expected there were some issues were present. Anyway, if we want to have enough time to organize again this year, I think somebody should think about running it. I don't think I will be able to organize this year, but I am more than happy to give guidance to whoever does. Here's a quick few notes of what responsibilities you might have:
    • Create a thread detailing how to run the event. Here's what I made last year: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...t=secret+santa, feel free to copy any and all of this if you like
    • Gather information from all those participating. I just made an excel spreadsheet and it was no issues.
    • Track updates for each person. There were three times where I got confirmation from users: confirmation that a person's target was received, confirmation when they actually sent out their gift, and confirmation when somebody received the gift. This is to make sure everybody is going along with the process. You can choose what makes the most sense for you.
    • Handle random issues that might occur. Mostly this is just communication things. Having a few backup santas is important, and knowing when to pull the trigger on them is important.

This is a short list, and I'm sure there's more things. I thought I would just get a discussion started, because if we wait too long to start then it will be difficult to run the event.
    Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

Re: Source Secret Santa 2015 Discussion - Need organizer

I might have some time on my hands the next little bit, I don't mind taking it on

Thread Information