Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Project] Rebuilding ATS - It needs to be done

It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
    Sep 2004
    Albany

Has anyone tried windborn muse for the goblin matchup? It may cost too much, but it would defintetley slow them down immensley.

I don't think you're factoring in the fact that if you draw lands, the confidant doesn't make you lose any life. Take a hint from CAL which is a very similar deck to this one, Dark Confidant is really, really good. You draw two cards a turn, and in a deck that is loaded with bombs, that's pimp. It costs 2 mana and chump blocks things and can tap for Trider. It makes you less reliant on Survival too. He probably should be in this deck regardless of whether or not it has Genesis or Trider in the deck.
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

so..

i wanna know how is going dark confidant on tests..

i tell you in this way because you seems to me that kind of players that love a card and play it everywhere, just because you think is too much powerful that is not possible not play it..

Oct 2003
    Muskegon, Michigan.

@ Adding black to ATS...

You know, it might just be me, but it seems like this deck is just going to turn into a bad version of Rec sur. I mean, come on, at least white gives us tutorability for the damn enchantment(s) we need. Confidant would work wonders in that deck too.
    Still kickin' it combo school.

Cal just seems to be the better version of this deck, because it doesn't rely on an enchantment, it has an uncounterable drawing engine, doesn't rely on having creatures on the board, and greaveyard hate hurts it just as badly as ATS. What, if any, reason should you play this above CAL?
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

Cal just seems to be the better version of this deck, because it doesn't rely on an enchantment, it has an uncounterable drawing engine, doesn't rely on having creatures on the board, and greaveyard hate hurts it just as badly as ATS. What, if any, reason should you play this above CAL?
    Because ATS has a lock and answers to most threats, whereas CAL just wants to win fast. Also, ATS isn't wrecked by graveyard hate like CAL is. ATS can just draw cards like normal and turn all its creatures into whatever it needs at any given time. Also, ATS has a hard lock while CAL has minimal board control (Seismic Assault is strong, but it can be disrupted in many ways, whereas ATS has numerous board control elements, such as TRadewind, Masticore, Sharpshooter, Bone Shredder, Wall of Roots, and/or Gilded Drake).

Dec 2005
    NJ/NY

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this before, as I skipped the 2nd page of posts, but I wanted to help w/ survival, as it was my first good deck. (Since then I switched to GAT, and have played both decks for a total of 5 years in local 1.5 tourneys and I placed 49th at GP Philly with a very bad 4color GAT deck - as you can imagine, I was shitted on by Wastelands). Vs combo, i would say use either meddling mage (i had it in my survival) and either stifle or arcane laboratory/ rule of law (use the blue cards as they pitch to FOW). Vs goblins, basking rootwalla is very good and you can drop a chain of them into play on your opponent's turn w/ survival. The rootwalla is also great vs goblins. I'm gonna go off topic a bit, but I wanted to ask people's opinion on a certain SB tech. It should be insane for ATS and my deck - GWU dryad gro (I cut black and consequently psychatog). The hidden tech is... Mind Harness from Mirage (I had to dig them out of the box of obscure crap cards, I know you all probably have a box like this...). For U, you can gain control of an opponent's RED or GREEN creature and trade it with another one of their guys or use it for your own attacks (theoretically, the creature should die or kill its previous controller before CumuUpkeep becomes an issue) - note, this is only good for the mirror (survival and grow), vs Gobs it is signifigantly weaker (REB, PyroB, Pro blue Piledrivers, not an answer vs T1 lackey) but still for 1 mana it seems very good vs the other overplayed deck in the format. Good luck with the revival of ATS, or you could come to the dark side and play gro! (we have daze and STP for T1 lackey.. ha!)

Thread Information