Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shandalar

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Shandalar

I want to download this but can't find it anywhere. Well, I have but none seem to be working. Has anyone downloaded it recently? If so, where did you get it?

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

Re: Shandalar

I do think linking Abandonware is allowed here, but I got it from Abandon Games. However, since then that site has gone down. I suggest Home of the Underdogs (the linked game is Shandalar - however, the link is broken; I can send you the packet if you'd want me to).

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Packet? Would that let me download it? I am not to knowledgable on computer stuff. That would be amazing if you could, since I tried both of those and the download didn't work on abandonware.

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

Very well then, I do think this is the whole thing with its updates and all:
    Shandalar

Do tell if it doesn't work - it should, except I'm not sure if that's the whole thing.

NO FUN JUST PSYCHATOGS
    Oct 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts

I still have it if that one doesn't work. What a great game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook
    This change also changed the sideboard, Xantid Swarm - it’s been real. Peace.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Okay So I downloaded it and a folder came up with a lot of different crap like _inst32i, setup, etc. Where do I need to go now? Should I list everything in the folder?

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Jak. View Post
    Okay So I downloaded it and a folder came up with a lot of different crap like _inst32i, setup, etc. Where do I need to go now? Should I list everything in the folder?
    First step is to make me a sandwich. I'll advise you from there.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

NO FUN JUST PSYCHATOGS
    Oct 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts

Eldariel uploaded just the v 1.32 patch. :(

http://www.manalink.de/news/moved-downloadmirror/0/ - Find everything here, uncluding Manalink 2.0, which is a user-created patch that includes some missing cards and cleans up the engine a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook
    This change also changed the sideboard, Xantid Swarm - it’s been real. Peace.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    First step is to make me a sandwich. I'll advise you from there.
    I had toast this mornng and have no bread :(

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

My challenge to anybody:

Take the second highest difficulty rating in the world game. Start off with the white deck (because it's absolutely cranfuckingtastically terrible) and get a track record of something like 2xx-0 (doesn't matter what deck you evolve to, you just need to start with one of the terrible first color choices, like white or blue). Then modify your deck at the last minute vs the evil badass at the end, and try to the most possible damage to him before the game crashes on you.

I was able to banish him for roughly 5000 years, the other time I got his life total to somewhere like -400 the game crashed for lack of memory for another spell.

Oh, and SS or it didn't happen. If I get lucky, I'll try to take him down again. But something like the 20-30th Timetwister the game just goes stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by YuanTi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but where is the Nourishing Lich in the DTB Forum?

Attractive and Successful
    Nov 2006
    Cincinnati, OH

Oh I always start with the white deck. The white worldmagic is the only good one and it's completely necessary if you're playing on the highest difficulty level. Playing up there means a lot of walking around, running from monsters and getting the random things that generate cards for you in the world.

Towards the end, my strategy has been to get as much gold as I can by often selling cards. Walk around and hit the random encounters and hope to get one that sells amulets. Buy as many white amulets as you can for the worldmagic. I think I had 143 last time. Anyway, this lets you basically dick around and do what you want to do without letting cities fall to monsters.

Does that uploaded patch allow player access to Serendib Efreets and stuff? What missing cards does it fill in?

Catcher of souls, hunter of spirits
    Jan 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA

I remember facing the final boss last winter break. He starts at some absurd amount of life with an absurdly large library. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to beat him fairly. I think it took me close to an hour of Timetwister + Time Walk + Regrowth + beating face with Juggernauts and Clockwork Beasts to take him down. I don't think he got past his third turn before I infinite-turned him. Great fun was had by all.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Ebinsugewa View Post
    Eldariel uploaded just the v 1.32 patch. :(

http://www.manalink.de/news/moved-downloadmirror/0/ - Find everything here, uncluding Manalink 2.0, which is a user-created patch that includes some missing cards and cleans up the engine a bit.
    Downloaded it once and it said the zipped file was corrupted so I am trying it again.

Also, you guys should notify me of Spoilers

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Funny, I remember beating the final boss with essentially the Weissman deck. Lots of countermagic plus Serra Angel, Mahamoti Djinn, and Control Magic beatings.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

OKay, I have it downloaded but there are 8 files in the folder: Magic.part1, magic.part2, etc all the way up to 8. Extract all? WHat should I do?

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Jak. View Post
    WHat should I do?
    Sandwich, man. Sandwich.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Try clicking on magic.part1 and install the file to whatever directory you want. After that, try clicking on the icons to open the MS DOS window and that will install the rest of the game. That's what I did around 3 hours ago after seeing this thread and right now I'm playing with Shandalar

Just one problem. I can't seem to buy cards in the villages. I double click on the cards I want to buy and nothing happens. What gives?

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by eternaldarkness View Post
    Just one problem. I can't seem to buy cards in the villages. I double click on the cards I want to buy and nothing happens. What gives?
    Press "Y" for yes, and "N" for no. The buttons don't show up, but you can still buy stuff.

Ok got it. Thanks.

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Am I the only one who beats the finals boss with Dwarven Warrior&poison counter.deck?
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

Thread Information