Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shandalar

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Re: Shandalar

I've beaten it with turn 1 Drainlife Combo, I've beaten it with Keeper, I've beaten it with Workshop Aggro, I've beaten it with mono-U fish, I've beaten it with Aspect-of-the-Wolf/Berserk.dec, I've beaten it with white weenie, I've beaten it with Nether Spirit/Bazaar. I've tried pretty much everything in the game, but I can't say I've ever actually tried Dwarven Warrion/Marsh Viper.

New Goal.

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

New Goal.
    It's pretty lame though. Içe also beaten him with a lot of decks, however I always need to laugh when I see people in fear of those 400 life. It still only takes 10 counters to win the game.

The deck totally sucks against any other opponent though, so make sure you collect all the cards you need for the deck and switch it at the last moment. I normally include a lot of land destruction in this strategy. You already play in the colours of Ice Storm, Sinkhole and Stone Rain.

My favored way of beating him however is with a deck with Mana Flare, Candabela of Tawnos, Gauntles of Might, lots of Twiddles and Braingeyser ftw.
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

That's not nearly as awesome as the 20 Contract from Below, 10 Dark Ritual, 10 Black Lotus, 10 Timetwister, 5 Jeweled Bird, 4 Black Vise, 1 Drain Life, 1 Braingeyser deck I usually run.

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

That's not nearly as awesome as the 20 Contract from Below, 10 Dark Ritual, 10 Black Lotus, 10 Timetwister, 5 Jeweled Bird, 4 Black Vise, 1 Drain Life, 1 Braingeyser deck I usually run.
    Haha, I normally sell my contracts. I never play with ante cards. I must try that after I'm sick of Spore.
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Atwa View Post
    Haha, I normally sell my contracts. I never play with ante cards. I must try that after I'm sick of Spore.
    Dude, it's a draw 7 for 1 black mana, and with Jeweled Bird in the deck, it has no drawback...

Contract from Below is the best card ever printed. Hands down. No question.

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Do you earn that in-game? If so, how?
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Some creatures offer you a copy of a card in your deck. If you hang around long enough, you can get the X twister, Y lotus deck.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Do you earn that in-game? If so, how?
    You can buy Contracts, rituals, and jeweled birds. You get the copies of the power cards by beating Mind Stealers, who usually give you a copy of a card from your deck.

<3

Jun 2006
    Kenmore, WA

the Weissman deck
    Weissman is pretty cool, he'll stop buy occasionally and Mav, Pinder, and I will cube draft w/ him.

I'm DLing it now, I'll see if I can fit it, Bioshock, and WAR into my schedule .

Quote Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
    I'm DLing it now, I'll see if I can fit it, Bioshock, and WAR into my schedule .
    Play Bioshock.

That's just good advice.

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

You can buy Contracts, rituals, and jeweled birds. You get the copies of the power cards by beating Mind Stealers, who usually give you a copy of a card from your deck.
    Shandalar puts you on a clock, though. How can run into enough Mind Stealers to accumulate dozens of power cards before you get the "BBEG has won!" screen?
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Shandalar puts you on a clock, though. How can run into enough Mind Stealers to accumulate dozens of power cards before you get the "BBEG has won!" screen?
    Kill all the other castles but the blue and or black one. Then you use the white amulet to kill attacking monsters, and take back all the captured towns you can. For the most part, you can stay ahead of one or two Wizards pretty easily.

Dude, it's a draw 7 for 1 black mana, and with Jeweled Bird in the deck, it has no drawback...

Contract from Below is the best card ever printed. Hands down. No question.
    You bother with Jeweled Bird? Why not just run more than 1 Drain?
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

OKay I got this to work and have been having some fun. I think I would like it a lot better if I knew what ever the fuck I am supposed to do. Can someone explain to me where I need to go? I keep walking around and it is boring. I want to use my clues to get the powerful cards. Not keep playing with Mon's Goblin Raiders. Where are the dungeons or wherever?

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Read the stuff those guys in town tell you. It's clues a lot of the time to the dungeons. Also, go to the places that flash on the screen for a second, they are the best spots for good stuff.

Anyway, anyone have a good spot to upload stuff? I made a patch that has some fixes (though still unstable) and has the rest of "The Dark" cards in it. I'm still hunting someone who can re-write the game to apply 6th edition rules though. I can get Mirrodin cards working if I can get that. I have them made up already.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    Read the stuff those guys in town tell you. It's clues a lot of the time to the dungeons. Also, go to the places that flash on the screen for a second, they are the best spots for good stuff.

Anyway, anyone have a good spot to upload stuff? I made a patch that has some fixes (though still unstable) and has the rest of "The Dark" cards in it. I'm still hunting someone who can re-write the game to apply 6th edition rules though. I can get Mirrodin cards working if I can get that. I have them made up already.
    Why doesn't Wizards try to get the game remade. It is awesome game play but the graphics and all that is so out of date that it is hard to keep playing. Have they ever talked about redoing it?

Whatever

Mar 2006
    L'Aquila, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Jak. View Post
    Why doesn't Wizards try to get the game remade. It is awesome game play but the graphics and all that is so out of date that it is hard to keep playing. Have they ever talked about redoing it?
    Duels of the Planeswalkers should be similiar to Shandalar. Up to date graphics and maybe a different stupid way to let you collect the cards.
    But in the end, it's just you vs the cpu, playing magic.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity - Seneca, Roman dramatist

Dec 2005
    Kookamunga

free demo game from Richard Garfield this summer

Very close to magic in many ways, AI is quite good,
    Addicting because its hard to win

http://www.spectromancer.com/

Whatever

Mar 2006
    L'Aquila, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    I don't think its possible to change the rules. But you can upload those cards anyway. having them slightly different from the original is better than not having them. Try rapishare to upload them.

Also, since you have already done it, can you please explain how I can add new cards?
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity - Seneca, Roman dramatist

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

My favorite deck to play against the end guy (without actually attempting to get him down to - bajillion life)

4 Black Lotus
    4 Mox Sapphire
    4 Sol Ring
    2 Library of Alexandria
    4 Island

2 Mahomati Djinn

4 Time Vault
    4 Time Walk

4 Ancestral Recall
    4 Timetwister
    4 Counterspell

This "compact" version of my 60 card deck that raped worlds usually went infinite turn 1. If not, it was pretty much guaranteed I'd have the game by turn 2. Anybody else know of the awesome Time Vault trick? You know, the one where you only have to skip ONE turn to untap all of them? Ya, it's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by YuanTi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but where is the Nourishing Lich in the DTB Forum?

Thread Information