Page 161 of 195 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3881

Thread: [DTB] Team America (Aggro/Tempo Thread)

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Re: [Deck] Team America (Aggro/Tempo Thread)

I am on the surgical extraction plan as taking show and tell out of the equation is a really big deal. I have also used it to take a rug players bolt which gave my delvers free reign of the skies.

The fact that it cost nothing is a big deal against tin fins/reanimator/dredge. The one cage is just savage of you find room for it, I have been happy with hymn/charm/counters against elves though.

edit: I haven't lost to a combo deck in a few weeks, this seems like the perfect deck for the current meta.
    Last edited by lavafrogg; 12-03-2013 at 11:55 PM.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    I am on the surgical extraction plan as taking show and tell out of the equation is a really big deal. I have also used it to take a rug players bolt which gave my delvers free reign of the skies.

The fact that it cost nothing is a big deal against tin fins/reanimator/dredge. The one cage is just savage of you find room for it, I have been happy with hymn/charm/counters against elves though.

edit: I haven't lost to a combo deck in a few weeks, this seems like the perfect deck for the current meta.
    How many do you run? I used to go with 3, but cut them and tried the singleton Grafdigger. Yesterday i met elves, and it was insane G2 - taking care of GSZ and natural order. 7-1'ing with Golgari Charm is nice too

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    How many do you run? I used to go with 3, but cut them and tried the singleton Grafdigger. Yesterday i met elves, and it was insane G2 - taking care of GSZ and natural order. 7-1'ing with Golgari Charm is nice too
    I have 3 spots for grave hate so I have been trying the 2/1 extraction cage split right now and you can find the cage when you need to. If I thought elves was going to be a stronger % of the field I would play 2/2 and drop a Lilliana from the board but right now I bring in removal, charms and cages to keep the little pointy eared bastards at bay.

Nov 2013
    Russia, SPB

Not too long ago there were sinkholes in SB. Nowadays they are gone. What do you think about it? It is because miracles is no more actual matchup or else?

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by BeTeP View Post
    Not too long ago there were sinkholes in SB. Nowadays they are gone. What do you think about it? It is because miracles is no more actual matchup or else?
    I asked this question a week or so ago and received a few messages about the answer:

1. If you want to play the land destruction strategy against slower decks than stifle accomplishes this and also has merit against DnT and combo decks making it a better card. With the rise of the aforementioned DnT and combo this is a god idea.

2. SFM cost 2 and 2 to vial in the equipment and keeping people off of 2 mana is much harder than keeping someone off of 3-4. In addition to the fact that they can just draw more lands and too you.

Apr 2012
    Manila, Philippines

Addicted to this deck! Hymn with Daze really wins too many games :) Stifle from the sideboard is sweet enabling me to beat Shardless BUG by hitting their Ancestral Vision. Tombstalker is so sexy.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Shardless is just so durdly, it doesn't really do anything for so long.

Is Burn one of those matches where you don't even bother preparing for because it's too much of an uphill battle? Or are there cards that actually help? Has anyone used things like Chill or Kitchen Finks against Burn with success? Anything else that can be considered? Maybe a green life gain spell of some kind?

Site Contributor

Aug 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kl'rt View Post
    Is Burn one of those matches where you don't even bother preparing for because it's too much of an uphill battle? Or are there cards that actually help? Has anyone used things like Chill or Kitchen Finks against Burn with success? Anything else that can be considered? Maybe a green life gain spell of some kind?
    Jacob Wilson plays a singleton Zuran Orb in RUG Delver for the burn matchup: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=59977

"Its for Price of Progress. I hate losing to mono red and I think its one of the best options so I dont mind having 1 narrow sideboard card."

(from the comments at the bottom of http://www.channelfireball.com/artic...rg-report-2nd/ )

I think it would also work in Team America :)

Site Contributor
    Aug 2010

It seems way too narrow whereas finks and chill have other applications

My plan against Burn: Hymn to Tourach or win the first few rounds.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Hymn + Tarmogoyf + DRS + (Spell Pierce + Disfigure from the Board) = dead Burn opponents. I don't tend to find this matchup that bad, to be honest. Don't overextend with your lands. Keep your own Wastelands ready to mitigate Price of Progress.

Mono Red Painter, now there's an auto-loss.

Dan can beat it. XD

I'm 1-1 myself. I think the match-up is bad, but I think that deck is terrible so when it comes up, you can still win when they Blood Moon into a Daze etc. Post-board if you have a DRS, just leave it and a land untapped and your decays/charms/disfigures should take care of their moon effects.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post
    Dan can beat it. XD

I'm 1-1 myself. I think the match-up is bad, but I think that deck is terrible so when it comes up, you can still win when they Blood Moon into a Daze etc. Post-board if you have a DRS, just leave it and a land untapped and your decays/charms/disfigures should take care of their moon effects.
    Painter has the same problem as every other non blue deck. especially the sol land decks like MUD, they are just not consistent enough. The only deck I felt could compete with a brainstorm deck in consistency was GB based with confidant and green sun's zenith to match brainstorms ability to find things. Daze, force, decay and fire off a hymn and you can usually win.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post
    Dan can beat it. XD

Two total matches is enough to call the deck terrible?

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    Two total matches is enough to call the deck terrible?
    He is saying it is a terrible deck in general, not against BUG. In other words: the deck is not good enough to be played by a large percent of the field therefor it is not worth sideboarding for or even worrying about; if you have a painter player across from you play tight and let your opponents shitty deck beat them.

Could someone please explain why tombstalkers are a better option than a different beater like TNN? I'm new to this deck and it seems anti-synergistic with your goyfs and deathrites. Thanks in advance!!

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by 5doorfury View Post
    Could someone please explain why tombstalkers are a better option than a different beater like TNN? I'm new to this deck and it seems anti-synergistic with your goyfs and deathrites. Thanks in advance!!
    Tombstalker is most likely the biggest creature in the format that isn't cheated into play. Once he is in play, he attacks over/through most flying creatures in the format and is immune to most common forms of removal. He can't be abrupt decayed and one lightning bolt does nothing. Add this to the fact that he cost 2 and ends the game in 2-3 turns and it does not matter if he plays nicely with anytging except our strategy of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by 5doorfury View Post
    For one thing, double black is usually easier to achieve in this deck than UU. Also this deck typically just does not care about TNN as much as other fair decks. Stalker is one of those reasons as he just flies over and is a faster clock. Also, running stalker allows you to run 3 Golgari Charms in the SB, which would be more detrimental to our game plan if we ran TNN. That being said, TNN is still an option for this archetype, perhaps in the SB, or even as a replacement for Stalker, but a few things would need to be changed around for TNN to be optimal in this deck. I really think TNN is at its best where it can be pumped/equipped, basically Stoneblade/Patriot/Bant.
    As for the anti-synergy between Stalker, DRS, and Goyfs; It's not nearly as bad as it seems. I find that Stalker is at its best when topdecked in the mid-late game when your opponent typically has fewer answers for it, having spent them on removing your other threats (and of the commonly run targeted removals only Swords to Plowshares hits Stalker anyway). At this stage of the game you also typically have little trouble feeding Stalker from your graveyard.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Specificly, nothing in our deck cares about golgari charm....

Thread Information