Thread: What Should I Play In My Metagame?

Threaded View

What Should I Play In My Metagame?

This is now the official thread for this type of discussions. Do not create separate threads. - Nihil Credo

One of the most fundamental questions when playing a Constructed format is: "What deck should I play?" or more accurately "Which deck gives me the highest chance of winning?"

A high winning percentage can mostly be achieved when your deck strategically trumps a majority of the field. So in order to find the "Tinker" deck for your metagame, you have to know your metagame.
    I think this aspect of the game is as important as tweaking your maindeck or sideboard, and doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Now, the purpose of this thread is to describe your metagame as good as possible and afterwards the other Sourcers try to help finding the deck that trumps your metagame.

For example, in my metagame Landstill is very successful and "obscure" combo decks like Belcher and Breakfast are also quite popular (strangely no Tendrils). The Landstill versions range from two-color to 4-color versions. There is also a smattering of various Aggro decks (too many to list them all), although they mostly populate the lower tables, so I think they're not that important.

What deck would be the optimal choice in a metagame like this?
    Last edited by Nihil Credo; 09-29-2008 at 09:27 AM.

Thread Information