Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: What Should I Play In My Metagame?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: What Should I Play In My Metagame?

Dredge, Jund or Aggro Loam. Personally I love the sound of Grip, Deluge and Punishing Fire.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Honestly, I think fish has legs against dredge (sorry for the pun). Chalice @0 and chalice @1 are both live, and Cursecatcher being able to kill himself more-or-less on command is rough, as is Warping Wail.

Stoneforge Mystic decks often do well against Merfolk. I remember playing DnT and generally feeling quite relieved to see them on the other side of the board.

I just finished building TES a week ago, and two days ago all my duals got stolen from my deck. What deck do i play?

BTW, 3 of the people at my weekly both play legacy regularly and were at least recently on the pro tour, so playing dredge and hoping people are bad isn't an option.

Those duals were bought at canadian prices, on a budget of about $120 a month, after the post new jersey spike. I probably cant play blue ever again. help?

Just saying, your brother crushes me every time with 4x swords 4x decay 3x lily and "nonsense" (like our favorite large beast with ridiculous upside). Can't win if my fishies just can't stick.

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

What is the ideal metagame for reanimator? Howbout bug stifle delver?

Quote Originally Posted by Wordslinger View Post
    I just finished building TES a week ago, and two days ago all my duals got stolen from my deck. What deck do i play?

BTW, 3 of the people at my weekly both play legacy regularly and were at least recently on the pro tour, so playing dredge and hoping people are bad isn't an option.

Those duals were bought at canadian prices, on a budget of about $120 a month, after the post new jersey spike. I probably cant play blue ever again. help?
    If that happened to me, once I got over the initial anger and desire to quit Magic, I'd probably resort to playing the deck with shocklands (or proxies if just testing) and borrowing the duals I needed for tournaments from my friends.

On the one hand, I'm sure there would be sympathy for my plight, but on the other hand I don't know how much lending is going to happen in an environment where people are stealing.

Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Wordslinger View Post
    I just finished building TES a week ago, and two days ago all my duals got stolen from my deck. what do i play?

TES with Shocks for sure. TES is more capable of killing quickly and making the damage less relevent than ANT. The only thing is less cards from ad nauseam whem you have to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    TES with Shocks for sure. TES is more capable of killing quickly and making the damage less relevent than ANT. The only thing is less cards from ad nauseam whem you have to go that route.
    i tried that while building it the first time. it turns out that the 2 damage from shocks is roughly equivalent to four cards off ad naus, making the primary kill condition extremely unreliable. you end up having to go for it quickly pretty much all the time, making the deck not much better than belcher.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

"When you have to go that route" is almost every game with TES. Shocks in ANT aren't much better, although you go for Past in Flames more there which may end up being better overall.

Looking to get into legacy with Reanimator or ANT (+TES +Dredge +Belcher).
    Unfortunately I have a bit of a budget problem so:
    • my reanimator build will have only 2/6 duals (BTW, which splash color would you recomend?)
    • ANT will have LED, but no duals

I don't really have a meta yet, but I'm pretty much sure that I'll mainly see Miracles, Show and Tell and Death & Taxes on almost every tournament.

Given my expected opposition and budget omissions in decks - what would be better - to go the route of LED decks or just start acquiring Underground Seas for reanimator?

Jun 2015
    NYC

Straight U/B Reanimator with 2 U Seas seems way better to me than Storm w/ no Duals.

Punishing Maverick or Punishing Jund

Hello,

I currently play shardless bug and im going through a rough phase with it now where i cant win for shit. I have decided to take the timw and make another deck betweem maverick or jund and wanted to get your guys's thought's.

My meta:
    Infect(frequently play against)
    D&t(frequently play against)
    Miracles(frequently play against)
    Goblins
    Grixis delver
    Storm
    Hight tide(occasionaly)
    Sneak and show(occasionaly)

Alluring parts to each deck:
    Jund, I play jund in modern....always have, it would be natural to play it in legacy.

Maverick, mkther of runes, swords, stoneforge....ive never played white in legacy

Let me know your guys's thoughts on whichay or not be better for my meta

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: Punishing Maverick or Punishing Jund

I think if you want to pick one or the other, go Mavrick. You have more hate for decks like Sneak, Storm, Tide and Miracles with access to white. When you have access to black, sure you have have discard but its not the same as Containment Priest, Thalia and Gaddock. Also the best piece of disruption I feel Jund has is Chains and that is just too much money.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2009

I am actually going to say Jund given the decks that you most frequently play against, namely the punishing version. Maverick gets into really weird board standoffs with D&T, doesn't have enough interaction with Infect (for my liking anyway), and is downright unfavored vs miracles. You can get lucky with Teeg + Mom or Armageddon/Choke postboard, but Jund has a greater than 50% miracle matchup, mainly due to Bloodbraid, Dark Confidant, and Pyroblast.

I worry though because D n T should be roughly even to favorable for shardless as should miracles. Infect is unfavorable but you can get there (40 % in my experience).

I am actually going to say Jund given the decks that you most frequently play against, namely the punishing version. Maverick gets into really weird board standoffs with D&T, doesn't have enough interaction with Infect (for my liking anyway), and is downright unfavored vs miracles. You can get lucky with Teeg + Mom or Armageddon/Choke postboard, but Jund has a greater than 50% miracle matchup, mainly due to Bloodbraid, Dark Confidant, and Pyroblast.

I worry though because D n T should be roughly even to favorable for shardless as should miracles. Infect is unfavorable but you can get there (40 % in my experience).
    I was actually playing with my buddy(miracles) yesterday and i would say i lost most the time when i played shardless. Im not sure why, most time i feel good. But he would wipe board, play jace and fuck me.....or top deck entreat for win

I think if you want to pick one or the other, go Mavrick. You have more hate for decks like Sneak, Storm, Tide and Miracles with access to white. When you have access to black, sure you have have discard but its not the same as Containment Priest, Thalia and Gaddock. Also the best piece of disruption I feel Jund has is Chains and that is just too much money.
    Does punishing maverick play thalia...i thought they ditched those for some reason

Mar 2009

Usually they do put thalia in the board instead.

Only time I ever saw both main was when Ari Lax recorded some videos in cruise era.

How are you sideboarding vs miracles?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Whit3boy316 View Post
    between maverick or jund

My meta:
    Infect(frequently play against)
    D&t(frequently play against)
    Miracles(frequently play against)
    Goblins
    Grixis delver
    Storm
    Hight tide(occasionaly)
    Sneak and show(occasionaly)
    Sounds like Aggro Loam could get you going. It definitely got the juice to get going against the field. To the very least, it is exactly between Junk and Maverick ;-)
    Infect and DnT are certainly interesting MU's. PFire will be very helpful here.
    Miracles is a nice match-up, and folds to Chalice @ 1, as does Grixis.
    Also Aggro Loam has access to the hatebears to battle combo, Ethersworn Canonist, Containment Priest, Thalia, Gaddock Teeg.
    And on top of that, it runs its own combo with Knight of the Reliquary into DD/Stage.
    The sideboard is highly tunable for your meta, since it has access to 4 colors it can get the best of all the colors.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Usually they do put thalia in the board instead.

Only time I ever saw both main was when Ari Lax recorded some videos in cruise era.

How are you sideboarding vs miracles?
    To be honest, i consider myself very bad when it comes to boarding with shardless.

Of the top my head....
    In: 2 golgari charm, vclique, puthing needle, grafdiggers cage, 2 pernicious deed, fow
    Out: 2 hymm, 2 AV, 2 baleful.

Dont quote me on this im going on pure memory as i was testing my options yesterday. I will say Pdeed is great, dont know why more people run

Thread Information